Experienced Suikoden Player Facepalm

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
bluemask

Re: Experienced Suikoden Player Facepalm

Post by bluemask »

Antimatzist wrote:Google translate gives me Old Book as a translation, in English and German. Also, it's Furui hon.
Welp, my bad. I think I omitted a character after translating (I also used Google translate! :oops: ). Disregard my post.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

HAH! Translation Facepalm! :P
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

sticky-runes wrote:HAH! Translation Facepalm! :P
Hmmph!! :evil: LOL
Hikaru

Post by Hikaru »

I haven't seen the bad ending that can be triggered in Tinto up until recently. I knew it existed, but I never knew it had so many differences.
suiken

Post by suiken »

The Muse guard and the female student in Greenhill. I never even bother talking to them. I always go out of town to refresh my party after beating Lucia. Never thought that they would heal you and allow you to save. LOL.
Yubaa

Post by Yubaa »

On one of my first runs, probably mora than dozen years ago I was stuck at that wind cave on quest for Star Dragon sword - I thought I needed some kind of explosive to get rid of first set of rocks. Few hours later I accidentally kept pushing into and it moved. Was so dumbfoundead. Completely forgot about that mechanic from mercenary fortress. :D
"I simply desire a good fight."
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I equipped Odessa with a pair of wing boots which I was going to remove and save for Camille later on, but I forgot to take them off Odessa before she went and snuffed it.
Pesmerga VS. Yuber

Post by Pesmerga VS. Yuber »

Yubaa wrote:On one of my first runs, probably mora than dozen years ago I was stuck at that wind cave on quest for Star Dragon sword - I thought I needed some kind of explosive to get rid of first set of rocks. Few hours later I accidentally kept pushing into and it moved. Was so dumbfoundead. Completely forgot about that mechanic from mercenary fortress. :D
It took me a couple of years until I figured it out haha. I would play until that part, and restart after I couldn't figure it out. I was young and my English wasn't that great.
Power?
Am I looking for Power?
Ever since...The first day I saw you...
I somehow knew...That we would be friends.
I was never lonely...Because you were there.
We chose...Life and death together.
I believed in you...Always...
Yubaa

Post by Yubaa »

Pesmerga VS. Yuber wrote:
Yubaa wrote:On one of my first runs, probably mora than dozen years ago I was stuck at that wind cave on quest for Star Dragon sword - I thought I needed some kind of explosive to get rid of first set of rocks. Few hours later I accidentally kept pushing into and it moved. Was so dumbfoundead. Completely forgot about that mechanic from mercenary fortress. :D
It took me a couple of years until I figured it out haha. I would play until that part, and restart after I couldn't figure it out. I was young and my English wasn't that great.
My english didn't help me there, it isn't intiuitive as it seems I suppose :D
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Figures. Yuber fans are not known for their brains. :roll:
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

In consideration of the fact that even stupid Pesmerga made it to the end of the cave, it’s probably a heavy facepalm. Forgive me for calling Pesmerga stupid, but searching Yuber in a cave at a time when everybody in the country knew that Yuber is fighting for Highland seems fairly stupid. When you meet Pesmerga, he’ll say to himself “You… not here either… Yuber you bastard… but he must be close…” Yuber is pretty much on the exact opposite side of the S2 world map, but at least he’s on the same continent, so yes Pesmerga, you’re close. You’re not as close as Raura made it to Jeane, but you’re close…
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
Yubaa

Post by Yubaa »

Wolkendrache wrote:In consideration of the fact that even stupid Pesmerga made it to the end of the cave, it’s probably a heavy facepalm. Forgive me for calling Pesmerga stupid, but searching Yuber in a cave at a time when everybody in the country knew that Yuber is fighting for Highland seems fairly stupid. When you meet Pesmerga, he’ll say to himself “You… not here either… Yuber you bastard… but he must be close…” Yuber is pretty much on the exact opposite side of the S2 world map, but at least he’s on the same continent, so yes Pesmerga, you’re close. You’re not as close as Raura made it to Jeane, but you’re close…
He would be much less of a badass if we found him hanging out in plain sight perhaps in Radat bridge :D

Must be a cave or something :p
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I thought Pesmerga was in the Cave of Wind because he was hoping to cut himself on the Star Dragon Sword.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Pesmerga was in Kuskus for some time, harassing blonde girls, until he met a blonde girl with black armor. He asked for her name, she replied “Yuber”. When Pesmerga told her she was a beautiful girl, Yuber got angry about being mistaken for a female, so he snitched on Pesmerga. He called the town’s female bodyguard who battered Pesmerga and chased him away. He fled to the cave of the wind in terror and finally joined Riou.
Yuber, who is into black haired girls, left Kuskus and joined the Highland army because he had a crush on princess Jillia. He gladly helped getting rid of her protective brother, but when Jillia decided to marry another guy, he became huffy and finally deserted Highland.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
darkphoenix

Post by darkphoenix »

During my first Suikoden playthrough, I thought the bliking mirror was a one-use item and I never used it. I walked a lot!

I also had to play a few times to realise there was an opening on the first floor in the north west corner. I was quite upset the bandits and pirats were missing.

I only have a vague recollection - but I did not understand the L/M/S system immediately and it took me a while to realise why some characters could not attack.