perfect game question

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
gildedtalon

Re: perfect game question

Post by gildedtalon »

have a look at my "insane challenge" topic,if you want to know more about a level 1 mcdohl run:-)
NO! SOLO, man, solo Mcdohl run 8)
but now,I will beat the bone dragon senseless with the "double-georg" team,lol:
I did name the s iv hero georg :lol:
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

well,a solo mcdohl run is not very hard:

fortune/prosperity rune choice:
it doens´t really matter,but I would prefer the fortune rune,so you can level up faster while farming 9 water rune pieces at the beginning of the game.you wont need much cash in the game anyway,because you only need to upgrade mcdohls weapon and armor,so the prosperity rune is not needed.and by the way,after you got your soul eater you can never use another rune until the end of the game,so pick the fortune rune for an early level boost.
the 9 water rune pieces are a must,dont leave the gregminster area without 9 pieces,you will regret it later...

dragon seal incense:this will be your best item in the game,get it as soon as possible and have it allways with you.

every enemy in the game,who can paralyze you,must be avoided or killed immediately.the paralysis status means instant gameover for a solo party.

if you want to do a perfect game in addition to the solo run,I would strongly recommend a duo run(mcdohl/kai),because the master pupil attack is a real killer.

you can farm good money and experience points at neclords castle,but watch out for the enemy "larvae",who can paralyze you.

its not really needed,because you can buy it later but you will have less trouble at shasarazade,if you hunt for a silver hat at seek valley.

if your are lucky,you can get a master garb from the earth golems around moravia castle.

golden hydra:since all attacks from golden hydra are magic based,your physical defense dosen´t matter.equip one or two power rings and fill ALL other inventory slots with mega medicines(you dont need the dragon incense anymore here).kill the hydra in this order:right head,middle head,left head.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Okay, nice one. Seems like you've covered everything I need to know before I embark on my journey
Omnigamer

Post by Omnigamer »

gildedtalon wrote: Where's Omnigamer when we need him? I'd like him to speedrun all the suikodens
I watched his S2 speedrun from start to finish. It's quite entertaining that I just have to keep watching it :mrgreen:
Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed my run. If you want to watch runs of Suikoden I you can watch CVagts, he does both any% and 100% (108 stars) runs of S1. They're significantly faster than S2 runs (only ~4:30 for 100%). To my knowledge nobody has even attempted S3 or S4. There are times on the Japanese RTA wiki for S5 (15-18 hours) but I'm not crazy enough to attempt it.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

But it is you right? Shown in the video lol. One of the aspects that keep me watching, seeing people's expressions when they play the game :mrgreen:
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Omnigamer wrote:
gildedtalon wrote: Where's Omnigamer when we need him? I'd like him to speedrun all the suikodens
I watched his S2 speedrun from start to finish. It's quite entertaining that I just have to keep watching it :mrgreen:
Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed my run. If you want to watch runs of Suikoden I you can watch CVagts, he does both any% and 100% (108 stars) runs of S1. They're significantly faster than S2 runs (only ~4:30 for 100%). To my knowledge nobody has even attempted S3 or S4. There are times on the Japanese RTA wiki for S5 (15-18 hours) but I'm not crazy enough to attempt it.

I guess S4 depends if you are on new game or new game+. In new game+,is faster of course. And i guess it'd take on;y 10 hrs i guess.
But how S5 can be done only in 15-18 hrs with 100%? There are lot of cutscenes,that you cannot skip. can somebody post a link from it?
Omnigamer

Post by Omnigamer »

I was referring to any% unless otherwise stated. It would be pretty ridiculous to try to do 108 stars runs of the later games simply because it would take so long. Speedruns are typically done in a single sitting, and playing for 15+ hours straight is not a simple task.

The player listed on the JP RTA Wiki site is maaku ("Mark"). They don't typically record/put out videos of runs, but he does provide notes (in Japanese) on his blog. He also has notes for his route in S1 and S2.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Do it for Suikoden IV then, I can usually reach El-Eal before 7 hours if not aiming for 108 stars
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

question:

I am currently at mt. rakutei to hunt for a fine bone china.its just annoying.since this is a riou-solo run,I allways have to wait the first turn,until futch and humphrey are dead before attacking.the fine bone china is a very rare drop and I dont want anymore...
can I come back after the beast rune with the hunter rune equipped to this place without futch and humphrey???I cannot enter mt. rakutei with riou solo at the moment,but is it possible to do this in the epilogue?
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I'm checking, i have a save right in front of beast rune, fighting him as I post this with the overpowered 3 rune slotters. Wait
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

cool,thanks:-)
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

No, I'm here at Rakutei Mountain, the annoying fog is still there to stop me
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

wow,thats not good.so the fine bone china is a missable item...
thanks for checking,gilded.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I even go as far as getting myself damaged so that I can use bright shield from menu on the fog screen. Doesn't do anything :D

It's the same back then when I complained to Celes why I can't change the party after Beast Rune, he replied by saying that completion is meant to be done before Beast Rune :|

http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12536

Lots of manly tears were shed that day :cry:

Funny that when I load that save, my Killey is good now, 2nd best damage dealer and do not miss anymore. The best damage dealer is always Sheena by 50 damage so Killey deals 100 damage lower than him every turn
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

With optimal setup, Killey should be the one who deals slightly more damage than Sheena.