If you were a SoD in a Suikoden series....

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Re: If you were a SoD in a Suikoden series....

Post by Sasarai10 »

silvereyes47 wrote:uh yeah
Teresa and Nikea?
one is charismatic, serius n OLD
the other is a PUNK brat, tomboy but easygoing...

i do hope Punkaiser isn't going to read this :)
myahahahaha
surely a weird selection of girl, i assure you :p

Teresa is OLD????? Are you serious? She is not a teen of course,but she isn't old. She is a 27 year old young woman. But in fact i'm sure that she would be one of the most difficult women to date,because of her psycho bodyguard. :x

And Nikea isn't a brat. She is 20.
RevKoden

Post by RevKoden »

@silvereyes47

I also think like i need a specific rune...but the more i think about i think it will be really hard for the hero to get the rune piece,so let's just say that the amulet, that i first get from the bandit, is like the "rare" rune piece, i dont want the "hero" to get in trouble finding all the rune pieces especially with one significant rune piece....after all if "I" appears in the next game, there is no option to shatter the rune orb right? It will only waste your money..
silvereyes47

Post by silvereyes47 »

Sasarai10 wrote: Teresa is OLD????? Are you serious? She is not a teen of course,but she isn't old. She is a 27 year old young woman. But in fact i'm sure that she would be one of the most difficult women to date,because of her psycho bodyguard. :x

And Nikea isn't a brat. She is 20.
it seems you love mature woman more.
27 years? i don't recall her age exposed in suiko 2. Shin? the bodyguard....
Sonya indeed has the most beautiful face icon in suiko 1
and Meg is way prettier above all in suiko 2 :P
silvereyes47

Post by silvereyes47 »

RevKoden wrote:@silvereyes47

I also think like i need a specific rune...but the more i think about i think it will be really hard for the hero to get the rune piece,so let's just say that the amulet, that i first get from the bandit, is like the "rare" rune piece, i dont want the "hero" to get in trouble finding all the rune pieces especially with one significant rune piece....after all if "I" appears in the next game, there is no option to shatter the rune orb right? It will only waste your money..
the Hero should work harder if he want a SoD LoL :D
you know how hard it is to get SoD in suiko 5? most of the SoD there requires quest n time consuming, also missable
silvereyes47

Post by silvereyes47 »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:Don't get too bogged down with rune critiques people, back on topic please :)
i guess you're right, i shouldn't bring off topic in the first place
but i see Sasarai10 the topic creator don't mind and there's not so many poster in the thread anyway, guess nothing better to talk about, that's way i blabbering off topic here at least it still connect to other poster's post

but i guess i should stop

and hey Lemmy where's your Wanna Be SoD idea? you should share it here
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

silvereyes47 wrote:
it seems you love mature woman more.
27 years? i don't recall her age exposed in suiko 2. Shin? the bodyguard....
Sonya indeed has the most beautiful face icon in suiko 1
and Meg is way prettier above all in suiko 2 :P

Truth is that i like mature women,in my personal life.
Yes,i mean Shin the bodyguard....he is an absolute idiot,like Cius and Lelei from S5,who are guarding Lucretia. When i first encountered him i thought he was a woman,because i thought the weird thing he wears in his head,was his hair. Plus that he was on the enemy-side.

silvereyes47 wrote: the Hero should work harder if he want a SoD LoL :D
you know how hard it is to get SoD in suiko 5? most of the SoD there requires quest n time consuming, also missable

Ohhhh....i remember that. Some characters in S5 are easy to get,by just speaking to them like Belcoot and Marina....whilst others are impossible to figure out how to get them,especially Egbert,which i consider he is the most difficult in order to figure out how to get him. I don't think that there might be someone who would ever think that in order to recruit him,you don't have to press any buttons,while he goes with his "filthy devils,etc" rant.

silvereyes47 wrote:
Lemmy Claypool wrote:Don't get too bogged down with rune critiques people, back on topic please :)
i guess you're right, i shouldn't bring off topic in the first place
but i see Sasarai10 the topic creator don't mind and there's not so many poster in the thread anyway, guess nothing better to talk about, that's way i blabbering off topic here at least it still connect to other poster's post

but i guess i should stop

and hey Lemmy where's your Wanna Be SoD idea? you should share it here

No,i don't have any prob,about off-topics in this thread. It's supposed to be just for fun.
RevKoden

Post by RevKoden »

silvereyes47 wrote:
RevKoden wrote:@silvereyes47

the Hero should work harder if he want a SoD LoL :D
THAT IS THE REASON WHY

I dont need a long and tedious quest to get me or in this case to make me more useful...i mean there are easy recruitment such as only bring levi or belcoot so that you can recruit certain SoD, well i,as a kind person didnt want that..

BTW, am i only poster who seems pretty serious when it comes to if i became a SoD?? It almost feels like like creating your own SoD

@Sasarai Well..from the very beginning where Egbert speaks like that i already knew, maybe i shouldnt push the button...and voila i recruit him...i am SMART! :D (<-Arrogant)
Last edited by RevKoden on Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belle

Post by Belle »

silvereyes47 wrote: 27 years? i don't recall her age exposed in suiko 2.
Teresa's age is shown in Richmond's secrets...
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

RevKoden wrote:
THAT IS THE REASON WHY

I dont need a long and tedious quest to get me or in this case to make me more useful...i mean there are easy recruitment such as only bring levi or belcoot so that you can recruit certain SoD, well i,as a kind person didnt want that..

BTW, am i only poster who seems pretty serious when it comes to if i became a SoD?? It almost feels like like creating your own SoD

@Sasarai Well..from the very beginning where Egbert speaks like that i already knew, maybe i shouldnt push the button...and voila i recruit him...i am SMART! :D (<-Arrogant)

OK,you are one of the few people,who managed to recruit Egbert without walkthrough...what about Zunda? Did you manage to find that certain window she demands?

So if i was a SoD....i wouldn't have any battle stats,simply because i wouldn't fight in regural battles...i wouldn't like to use a weapon,i'm no good at that. :mrgreen:

I will be a commander in war battles only,so i'd like to be in S2 (just for the sake to be useful),i'd be an archer with high stats (9 ATT and 9 DEF)...i wouldn't have any special ability though. As i said,i would join you,only if you have defeated 50 units in war battles...and i will appear somewhere on the road to Gregminster (let's say near the save crystal),so if you are good at war battles,and you will have a castle level 3,i will join before the battle with Luca.

My quotes would be:

Me: "Hello,what do you want?"
Riou:"Please join us/Nothing"
If Riou choose the first option and his army has defeated less than 50 enemy units...
Me: "No,it seems that your army is not succesful...come back later"
Otherwise...
Me: "Very well,i will join you. It seems that your army is a real success"

So you will learn to respect war battles,and defeat as many units as you can...not just waiting for the enemy to retreat. :mrgreen:
RevKoden

Post by RevKoden »

Sasarai10 wrote:
RevKoden wrote:
THAT IS THE REASON WHY

OK,you are one of the few people,who managed to recruit Egbert without walkthrough...what about Zunda? Did you manage to find that certain window she demands?

So if i was a SoD....i wouldn't have any battle stats,simply because i wouldn't fight in regural battles...i wouldn't like to use a weapon,i'm no good at that. :mrgreen:

I will be a commander in war battles only,so i'd like to be in S2 (just for the sake to be useful),i'd be an archer with high stats (9 ATT and 9 DEF)...i wouldn't have any special ability though. As i said,i would join you,only if you have defeated 50 units in war battles...and i will appear somewhere on the road to Gregminster (let's say near the save crystal),so if you are good at war battles,and you will have a castle level 3,i will join before the battle with Luca.

My quotes would be:

Me: "Hello,what do you want?"
Riou:"Please join us/Nothing"
If Riou choose the first option and his army has defeated less than 50 enemy units...
Me: "No,it seems that your army is not succesful...come back later"
Otherwise...
Me: "Very well,i will join you. It seems that your army is a real success"

So you will learn to respect war battles,and defeat as many units as you can...not just waiting for the enemy to retreat. :mrgreen:
Of course....not..im using a guide because im a perfectionist(I managed to get all stars on the 2nd walkthrough, im too afraid to play on the first walkthrough without guide)....that thing about egbert is just one-shot wonder...

BTW, you just make a gilbert No.2 if you decided to be recruited that way...
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Sasarai10 wrote:
Teresa is OLD????? Are you serious? She is not a teen of course,but she isn't old. She is a 27 year old young woman. But in fact i'm sure that she would be one of the most difficult women to date,because of her psycho bodyguard. :x
Christmas cake 8)
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

RevKoden wrote:
Of course....not..im using a guide because im a perfectionist(I managed to get all stars on the 2nd walkthrough, im too afraid to play on the first walkthrough without guide)....that thing about egbert is just one-shot wonder...

BTW, you just make a gilbert No.2 if you decided to be recruited that way...

Gilbert??? Gilbert's recruitment is totally different. He is recruitable in the war battle at Muse,and he is your only chance to recruit him there. If you miss him,he wiil be gone forever...too bad he doesn't go to a town or a village,in case you missed him in the war battle in Muse.
On the other hand me,i'll be standing there till you reach that certain amount of defeated units that i demand,in order to recruit me. And i'll be available anytime,once you stepped your foot there.
Unless you mean,that i will be Gilbert No.2 because i'll be the only optional commander without any extra skills in war battles along him,or that i'll be an optional commander who doesn't fight in regural battles...but in S2,there's 2 of them. Except Gilbert,Max is an optional commander too...and i think he is missable too. If you reject his offer,he'll be gone forever.

Now about S5...i tried to get all stars without guide by the first time,but i stopped somewhere after Queen's Campaign War/before Twilight Forest events. I have recruited only about 20 optional characters up to this point,and i wondered why i had so few stars...is this game really that long? So i checked on this site,and i saw that i should have 84-88 stars at least.
So i got dissapointed,and i quit for a long time. On my next go,i decided to go with walkthrough....should i have tried more?

Neclord X wrote:
Christmas cake 8)
:?:
silvereyes47

Post by silvereyes47 »

isn't suiko 2 war battle quite an out of date today?
why not change your requirement to 10,000 kills in war battle?

and i just come with an idea
so far no SoD requires bribe, i wonder why konami add bribe system to the series?

i'm certain none of us have ever use that bribe command, and no topic about bribe in entire suiko community

i do hope some SoD require bribe for recruitment

and i agree that slaving system to be added in the next suiko 6 LoL and Neclord to become an available SoD :P
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

silvereyes47 wrote:isn't suiko 2 war battle quite an out of date today?
why not change your requirement to 10,000 kills in war battle?

and i just come with an idea
so far no SoD requires bribe, i wonder why konami add bribe system to the series?

i'm certain none of us have ever use that bribe command, and no topic about bribe in entire suiko community

i do hope some SoD require bribe for recruitment

and i agree that slaving system to be added in the next suiko 6 LoL and Neclord to become an available SoD :P

I wouldn't call it out of date,but a classic. I still enjoyed it...and yes if i was in S5,i would demand about 10k kills in war battles in order to be recruited,or if i was in S1,i would demand
to have less than 10k fatalities in war battles,but i will be recruited late in the game,once you have recuired castle level 4....in order to make my recruitment more challenging. (the first battle with Milich,and Teo doesn't count of course)

In S5,i will be found somewhere in the Sindar Ruins next to your HQ,and in S1 i'll be found somewhere at Neclord's Castle (I love his music in S1)

Personally,i've used bribe sometimes,but i used it a lot in S1,in order to do a bribe-run of the game...i finished it with Tir at level 27. Too bad,you can't keep him at level 1,because you have to fight Kwanda and Teo at some point of the game.

AND YES,i definetely agree to add Neclord as a SoD.....but how? He was an ally of Windy (who is evil) of centuries,and after S2,he died.

The only one who could be recruitable as a SoD is Yuber. He is already noted as a SoD,so it might be a possibility,if there'll be another Suikoden,to see him again,but as an ally this time.
Yuber is neutral and he seeks chaos and death in order to be recruited...so if your army is after that....why not?
silvereyes47

Post by silvereyes47 »

Konami should make another evil hero like Luc to the new series

Let's say it takes place far before suiko 4 or the origin of the true rune, where Leeknat n Windy got their gate rune. also the game should tell us how Neclord got to steal blue moon rune from Sierra as well as Victor's past when he lost his sister.

the origin of star dragon sword should be added as well. new slaving system LoL :P
we need to enslaved some girls :D
Jeane origin n Viki's too

and the most important things is ME, the optional SoD bearing 28th True Rune of Destiny's Chooser, bad name... i can't think of better name... really...
with optional quest requirement n hardest optional dungeon ever, namely 'the Mist of Netherworld'

how about that? still not cool?