What's the best physical damage dealer party?

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
gildedtalon

What's the best physical damage dealer party?

Post by gildedtalon »

on chapter 4, I just want all enemies on random battles dead in one turn without using any rune

to put it simply, i want to auto every battle so no unite attacks either
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
eldrasidar

Re: What's the best physical damage dealer party?

Post by eldrasidar »

you're probably gonna want characters that have 2+ free rune slots filled with double strike, fury, gale and warrior runes(whichever combination works best). Next you want characters with multiple attacks and good movement so they can get to enemies and deal as much damage as possible.

If I was trying to do as much damage as possible with an auto attack I'd likely go with:
Flame Champion
Emily
Lucia
Rhett
Shabon
Watari

Lucia, Shabon, and Watari have 3 rune slots free so they each can take all three damage improving runes, not to mention they all have lots of attacks. Rhett probably looks like an odd choice perhaps at first, but he can go up to three attacks, has a very powerful weapon, is super fast, and has two rune slots. Emily only has one rune slot, but she is naturally powerful, and has the most attacks of anyone in the game. In total you'd need 5 double strike runes, 4 fury runes, and 3 warrior runes to make them deal as much damage as possible, since I don't think duplicate runes stack.

Nash, Nei, or Juan would also work well. I'd probably also consider Futch or Edge too.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

eh, keep in mind that i'm chapter 4 and hunting for pine bonsai from nemesis in ancient highway

i can't get that many double strike runes cos unlike chapter 5, you can't buy it at chapter 4

my party right now consists of hugo fubar, juan mua, and augustine emily
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

almost all of those runes can be picked up in chapter 4, either from treasure bosses(warrior, double strike) or skeletons(fury)
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

good for random encounters:
1. Joe + Shabon - they hit a large area for massive damage
2. Juan + Joker + Kenji - have a hit-all unite and if you up everyone's Swing skill you'll get good mileage
3. Watari + Ayame - decent area attack, load them up with damage-increasing runes
4. Yuiri + Yumi - pretty strong characters with some free rune slots for their area attack
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Joe+Shabon easily wipes everything, but it's a unite attack. Worth pressing all those buttons though.

If you're strictly going auto on every battle, then I would suggest Hugo/Fubar, Juan, Shabon, Emily, and Sgt. Joe. If you find Shabon too squishy, just switch her with Lilly or Nash if you have Killer runes.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Is Ayame just as good as Watari? But I realize Watari has 3 open rune slots

What about Rody/Salome/Yuiri/Yumi? Worth boosting them up?

So the best physical damage party in my opinion is
1.Hugo
2.Nei with Jongleur rune
3.Augustine/Emily/Fubar/Juan/Lucia/Mel/Rhett/Shabon/Watari

Note: This is strictly for chapter 4&5
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Ayame can't match Watari when they perform single attacks (she'll come close thanks to her unique Shrike Rune), but her Condemnation unite gives 2 characters a giant damage boost, pretty much making Ayame+Landis more effective than Watari + other.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

gildedtalon wrote: So the best physical damage party in my opinion is
1.Hugo
2.Nei with Jongleur rune
3.Augustine/Emily/Fubar/Juan/Lucia/Mel/Rhett/Shabon/Watari
Note: This is strictly for chapter 4&5
The list i made a while ago was only applied to rate single character attack so it's not right to claim a certain party compiling all best single attackers as the best party since unite factor wasnt counted in it. If you check S3 unite list, there should be seceral unites would provide more damage than some strong single characters together.

Check out girl unite and handsome boys attack .i.e. most participants alone are only at decent level but if they are together in unite, a DM of 2x or 2.5x will appear. I'm feeling lazy but may be i will make a full physical DD ranking later.
Aerolithe Lion

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

You could also consider Nash, as he gets to 3 sings, has heavy damage, AND has continual attack, which can proc a second turn for him at the end of the round.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Nash is decent at several things but master of none. He simply can't deliver the high damage you can setup with other characters.
Aerolithe Lion

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

KFCrispy wrote:Nash is decent at several things but master of none. He simply can't deliver the high damage you can setup with other characters.
I think people really undervalue continual attack. If you max it as soon as you get it, those extra turns are incredibly useful midway through the game when big monsters and bosses take 3-4 turns to oil
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

No, it's you who's overrating continuous attacks. By using powerful setups, every boss battle from mid game will be done in one turn and most of the time before the enemies act at all. How comes it's considerred strong if it takes 3-4 turns?
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Punkaiser wrote:No, it's you who's overrating continuous attacks. By using powerful setups, every boss battle from mid game will be done in one turn and most of the time before the enemies act at all. How comes it's considerred strong if it takes 3-4 turns?

Sorry Punkaiser but i wonder why you always stating that every battle in Suikoden should last one turn?
You sound like it's the most normal thing for you to finish the battles in 1 turn whilst for me and many others it's really a challenge especially during the final battles.

I think it's not needed...i wouldn't mind if it lasts 2 or 3 turns.... unless you've put a handicap to yourself to finish all the battles in one turn.

Although some battles are impossible to be finished in one turn,honestly. Do you really think that the battles early in the game,where your choices are limited,could be finished in 1 turn,like the Stone Golem in the Mountain Path during Geddoe's chapter #1?
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

I don't dare to say we can do that early game but he was talking about MID game, then it'd totally be possible since we can start to customize. I didn't say 1 turn is a must to do, but look at the title of this topic "best physical damage dealer...".

If this was a "favorite..." discussion I would keep my mouth shut, but claiming a certain personal preference as the best ,disregard facts, really irritates me. That way, all 70 battle characters could be claimed as the best according to players lol-gic

Btw, Stone Golem is more likely a chapter 2 boss. I haven't really put any effort in early chapters so cant say for sure, but will give it a shot next time I play, it doesnt seem impossible to one turn kill it if the geddoe team's unite attack gets lucky.