Bug Fixes

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Antimatzist

Re: Bug Fixes

Post by Antimatzist »

Nobody likes Italian or French, finally fix the German version! :P
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Who wants to play this german? Stern-Drachen-Schwert? Fließen-Rune? Gg.stand? Einstellg? SCHU? M VER? :|
Omnigamer

Post by Omnigamer »

Raww Le Klueze wrote: It's in the secrets section of the site with the instructions for it and has been there for over a decade, hearsay is unlikely by this point even if you don't believe that I've done it.
The "Armor Swapping" trick is also listed in the secrets section of this site with no actual method to perform it and is almost certainly bogus. Don't get me started on the other inaccuracies around the site either.

In any case, if it's a generally accepted bug then I cede my point on it.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Celes wrote:Who wants to play this german? Stern-Drachen-Schwert? Fließen-Rune? Gg.stand? Einstellg? SCHU? M VER? :|
I'm already compiling better translations for items so Pyrielmcan usem them in later patches..well, the game's translation still stays bad, but well.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Omnigamer wrote:
Raww Le Klueze wrote: It's in the secrets section of the site with the instructions for it and has been there for over a decade, hearsay is unlikely by this point even if you don't believe that I've done it.
The "Armor Swapping" trick is also listed in the secrets section of this site with no actual method to perform it and is almost certainly bogus. Don't get me started on the other inaccuracies around the site either.

In any case, if it's a generally accepted bug then I cede my point on it.
Then cede your point. It's a generally accepted bug.
Pesmerga VS. Yuber

Post by Pesmerga VS. Yuber »

For some reason the patcher stops (becomes unresponsive) at patching bgm.ppf
Did someone experience this before? I'm running Windows 8.1.
Power?
Am I looking for Power?
Ever since...The first day I saw you...
I somehow knew...That we would be friends.
I was never lonely...Because you were there.
We chose...Life and death together.
I believed in you...Always...
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Deactivate the music patch, and see if it completes. If it does, the application of bgm.ppf is probably just going to take a while on your rig. That step can take several minutes even on a good PC. And the Lua modules that spawn the GUI don't seem to have proper multi-threading, so if you click on the window while the patch process is running, it will show unresponsive to Windows because the interface is not processing queued messages from the OS. That's perfectly normal. It'll stop showing that way as soon as the BGM patch completes, and that's the only one that currently runs long enough to cause that.
Pesmerga VS. Yuber

Post by Pesmerga VS. Yuber »

Pyriel wrote:Deactivate the music patch, and see if it completes. If it does, the application of bgm.ppf is probably just going to take a while on your rig. That step can take several minutes even on a good PC. And the Lua modules that spawn the GUI don't seem to have proper multi-threading, so if you click on the window while the patch process is running, it will show unresponsive to Windows because the interface is not processing queued messages from the OS. That's perfectly normal. It'll stop showing that way as soon as the BGM patch completes, and that's the only one that currently runs long enough to cause that.
Successfully patched. I just didn't wait long enough.

Playing your patched version is a standard for me now. Amazing work! I played until the end of the Sindar quest. The dialogue between Nanami and Alex is still switched though (when talking about giving out the entry permits). Is this something you thought about fixing?
Power?
Am I looking for Power?
Ever since...The first day I saw you...
I somehow knew...That we would be friends.
I was never lonely...Because you were there.
We chose...Life and death together.
I believed in you...Always...
glurak

Post by glurak »

Hi im new here in the forum.

But im a fan of the Suikoden Universe since 1997.

The Reason why im here right now is that i plan to do a Let`s PLay of the COmplete Franchise on my Youtube Channel.

But 1 Problem i have. Suikoden 1 and 3 doesn`t exist in my Native language german. And Suikoden II has a translation Bug when you ome to the Suikoden 1 World (Some People speakeing french -.- )

So My Question is:

Is someone working on a Translation on Suikoden 1 / 3 (i know there is a BIG BIG Translation and Romhacker Community Out there that doing such things) An will your Bugfix Patch in future fix the french speaking bug in the german version in near future ?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Hey glurak ;) You could have waited for a reply at suikoversum :P

Anyway, no, there are no translations projects for these games. There is a French translation of the first Suikoden. I sent them e-mails in the past but they didn't reply.

I don't think Pyriel will fix the translation issue in Suikoden II. I plan on sending him correct translations of runes/equipment/weapon names in the future and I guess that's the only thing he could do with "little effort". If someone had the know-how, I would love to work on translations projects from English to German.
glurak

Post by glurak »

I think i ask the people from Suikogaiden Projekt maybe they can do us some Tools for Suikoden 1 and 2 x)
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

There are no available tools that facilitate translation. Suikogaiden was done by pokeytax manually replacing the Japanese text, it's not automated.

Someone working on a French translation for Suikoden I&II PSP claimed to have made a tool that automatically replaced all the text in all appropriate modules and though someone asked for it to make a new English translation I don't think it ever showed up. There's certainly no English patch and I don't think there's even a French one for anything but the original PS1 version.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Maybe I have to try again and try to ask the French translation guys if they have an "easy" tool. Their PSP translation will never be finished, I guess, last update was in 2012.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Yeah, I wasn't really clear on how that tool was supposed to work. The games don't have convenient library files that are indexed independent of hardware, and can be expanded or shrunk on a whim. It would be very easy to replace enough text to produce a few screen shots, though. I think the PSP version used Unicode (at least that was the impression they gave), so it might even be easier to insert western translations, as long as they can use the single-byte characters from UTF-8 and you can specify encodings. In the PSX version, it's kind of a welcome to Hell scenario, because a good 50% or more of the strings will require expansion in order to translate them.

I'm happy to entertain the possibility of translation projects for Suikoden and Suikoden II. It's something I've been working at off and on for 2 at least. I've just been quietly cataloging where all the text is whenever I feel like it. The original is done in pretty much the same way as 2, but with much less text, so I don't think it would be nearly as big a task. I haven't even begun to tear at Suikoden III the way I have it the first two. And I don't have any plans to delve into it in the near future.

Personally, I don't feel skilled enough in any of the languages involved to be much use in actually translating a game. So any such projects would have to be collaborations.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

One of the problems for a German translation (at leats for me) would be that I could only translate English -> German. I can translate Japanes eitem names, runes etc as I can easily look up their meaning in german, but I have no Japanese skills whatsoever so the work would heavily lie on the shoulders of the English translators which would be pretty unfair.

Btw Pyriel, did you ever get your hands on the Chinese PC version of Suikoden II? Do you know which bugs are present there? Would it be easier to edit that version?