Time to beg Konami to bring Suikoden 2 to PSN

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
KC_MCDOHL

Re: Time to beg Konami to bring Suikoden 2 to PSN

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Although this new game wasnt announced pre-TGS. But yeah, it makes alot more sense now why it hasnt been released on PSN yet ^^
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

If that's the case, it also gives hope for the PSP game actually making it over here at some point in the future.

Then again, Sony/Square Enix just screwed up their release schedule and announced (then retracted) the release of Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI on PSN this week.
Formerly known as: Gothann
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Yea, thats what I was thinking. Of course, its really impossible to say for sure though. Lets keep campaigning regardless ^^
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Oh, Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger? It would be nice to play FF VI again as I have not played it since the SNES days. Yeah I do believe that we should ask for Suikoden II on PSN. Though, to be honest, I wonder if they are going to release SI and II for the Europe PSN. This does worry me, I've always felt bad for our friends in Europe, as they have really gotten the short straw when it comes to Suikoden releases.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

The fun thing about region-free digital releases is that EU gamers can buy Suikoden with a North American account and play the North American version of Suikoden on a European console, be it on their PSP or PS3.
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Oh, that is cool. Now we just need to work on SII and SIII then. I know lots of people that modded/Ordered North American PS2s just for that game. This is just a guess, but I think Vita might be able to play PS2 games. Lets hope so, as it will increase the odds of the EU seeing Suikoden III officially.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

LanceHeart wrote:The fun thing about region-free digital releases is that EU gamers can buy Suikoden with a North American account and play the North American version of Suikoden on a European console, be it on their PSP or PS3.
But payment might be a problem, right? I think you can only buy with credit card, and, well, I e.g. don't have one.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Humohrey Mintz was explaining this to me. Basicaly, for creating an American PSN account you can type in a fake address but youll need a legit postcode (any American friends?).

Then, you will either need an American credit card or ''there's a UK site that sells US PSN cards for cheap. Well you don't obtain the actual card but for around £12 (I think) you can get a $20 one and they just phone you to confirm your details straight away, then instantly email you the code to activate the card. I got mine within 10 minutes. Also, even though you'll have purchased the game on a US account, you can still play it on any account on your PS3 once it's installed, including your UK one. If you're only interested in buying Suikoden though you'd only really need a $10 PSN card since it's $5.99.''
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Antimatzist wrote:But payment might be a problem, right? I think you can only buy with credit card, and, well, I e.g. don't have one.
Some sites sell PSN credit for specific regions and ship internationally. Even without a credit card, there are ways of obtaining funding for an account that isn't in your region.
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

How would that coincide with loading your save data in SII, say SII is on the PSN in EU, you buy SI from PSN US and then SII from PSN EU, would you be able to load your save data into SII?

Personally, I wouldn't do it. However, I'm lucky enough to say that I have got both Suikoden I and II, as well as the PSP version available. It is annoying though that Suikoden I is available on the US PSN, but not the EU PSN.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

I think it was confirmed a long time ago that the NA and EU games aren't compatible. You can't load a NA S1 save on EU S2 (and vice versa) and you can't use an EU S2 save on NA S3.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Yeah, that was the case for the original games. But would that be the case for the PSN releases? I think the English release of Suikoden I on PSN NA may be region free ...I mean, you can play it on a PAL PS3 so maybe the save file would load on Suikoden II (if released)?
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

LanceHeart wrote:I think it was confirmed a long time ago that the NA and EU games aren't compatible. You can't load a NA S1 save on EU S2 (and vice versa) and you can't use an EU S2 save on NA S3.
I was purely speaking about the PSN version of Suikoden I and the potential Suikoden II. I know the disc versions aren't compatible.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

The PSN versions are just ISOs of the disc version, they're still not compatible.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Damn. I thought so. Which annoys me even more. It would probably take them less than a day to create Suikoden II ready for PSN. I still think they are saving it for the run up of this new game though.