It's time to Ask Konami about Suikoden 6

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
jin022

Re: It's time to Ask Konami about Suikoden 6

Post by jin022 »

im just wondering. how many estimated suikoden fans are we? anyone knows seriously?

i think konami is too slow in releasing sequels / prequels of suikoden series like compare to final fanttasy series.
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

Worldwide? My best estimate is roughly half a million, maybe a bit more. Very few hardcore fans though.
Ashietaka

Post by Ashietaka »

Well everyone, we got a response from Konami of America. I want to thank you for showing Konami that you care about the series. I'm not sure why there's some negativity here. If anything, I really just wanted to let Konami know that we care and we'd love to see the series continue on. I don't think people should speak in anger that they're mad at Konami for not letting us know anything or not making the game, that won't accomplish anything, we need to just be positive and supportive. Just let them know that you love the games, and you can't wait for the day that you see Suikoden 6. It was mentioned on here that we'd have more luck asking for Suikoden 2, which I do agree with. So I say, why not hit them up to release S2 on the PSN now. Like I said though, we need to keep this positive and not demanding or mean in any way. I am really happy that we got a response from Konami America though, and some light has been shed for everyone to see, and we can now post a comment on that. So everyone please do so. Also, Konami has made some fan pages for some of their games, they really should have one for Suikoden as well. So I'll be asking them to please put S2 on the PSN and please create a Suikoden fan page. There is fan pages out there, but I think Konami should make an official one.
Thank you all for your support. I'm happy with the results, keep your chin up and stay positive. After Konami has seen us speak, it's given them something to think about.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

This is great news and shows that our efforts on the spamming method where not in vain.

FinalLegion, while you say ''A positive relationship is now established. Leave it alone'' I have to disagree in the sense that, although sucessful and making me very happy just now, this is merely a small victory. And we have only established a very small relationship.
This is only an acknowledgement from Konami America, which is great and all, of course, but we should now move on to Konami Japan. Also, this is merely an acknowledgement from Konamis' Facebook page, how much of the company will actualy be directly affected by the collective opinions, ideas etc that our fans write on there? Its hard to say

Although I agree, and strongly advise, any more spamming at this point is probably going to piss Konami off. I'd consider the spamming method on the American Facebook page, accomplished. There is no need to continue with it, atelast not for a good while.

giglamesh31, and others, you can contribute at the moment by sending an email to Konami via the Spoke website as I have outlined earlier. And/or research a way in which we can contact Konami executives in a similar way to Spoke (so we can approach them from more than one angle).

As I have said before, Konami have already offered, in an email to me, to make us an Official Suikoden Fan Page where they could commend dedicated fan art work, stories etc and where they could receive ideas for future games. In view of the recent events, I certainly think we should take Konami up on this, what do you guys think?

Far from stopping here, just because we had a response from Konami Facebook America, I have already suggested a couple more ways in which we can continue forward, without pissing Konami off. I think Ashietaka is correct in his above post in the way in which he likes to approach Konami. Also, as ttfii said: ''It doesn't necessarily have to be the numbers. Just put your heart into it!''

I want to congratualte and thanks all Suikoden fans who contributed on Konamis Facebook page. Its been fan and, now, very worthwhile! Thanks everyone :)
FinalLegion

Post by FinalLegion »

KC_MCDOHL wrote:This is great news and shows that our efforts on the spamming method where not in vain.

FinalLegion, while you say ''A positive relationship is now established. Leave it alone'' I have to disagree in the sense that, although sucessful and making me very happy just now, this is merely a small victory. And we have only established a very small relationship.
This is only an acknowledgement from Konami America, which is great and all, of course, but we should now move on to Konami Japan. Also, this is merely an acknowledgement from Konamis' Facebook page, how much of the company will actualy be directly affected by the collective opinions, ideas etc that our fans write on there? Its hard to say

Although I agree, and strongly advise, any more spamming at this point is probably going to piss Konami off. I'd consider the spamming method on the American Facebook page, accomplished. There is no need to continue with it, atelast not for a good while.
Given Konami's positive response, I'd say it's a given that the relationship between Konami and the Suikoden fanbase is firmly in the realm of 'positive'.

There's no need to go spam Konami Japan. If Konami America knows, then it's certain that Konami Japan knows it.

It is time to let this campaign. What has been needed to be said has been said. The response was favorable. As a fan and member of this community, I have no problem with stating that my patience is wearing thin with these continued 'campaigns'. No one seems to take into account that this activity may be seen as harassment by Konami and that's the last thing we need. I want to see this series continue to flourish as much as anyone else, but I am not about to employ tactics that could ultimately backfire.

It's time to let the issue rest. Konami-Amercia AND Japan-know how we feel. Now that they've seen just how much 'Suikoden love' there is out there, a basis has been created for those in the company to argue in favor of continuing the series. It's time to let THEM handle it.
Poison Clan rocks the world.
Flufflez

Post by Flufflez »

how could spamming for suikoden 6 backfire? oh no, they'll continue to not make the game? if people want to spam for suikoden 6, spam for suikoden 6. yell, scream, kick, shout, do whatever you want on their facebook page. if they want to ignore you they'll kick you out and ignore you.

for konami it's about money. if they have enough people interested in s6 they'll make it regardless of how they ask for it. if they think it's just a few wild fans they'll kick you off the page, or shut it down or whatever they want. i'm sure the purpose of the page is for people to be nostalgic about the old games and get other fans to buy up old copies or to peak interest in metal gear solid 12 or whatever is next.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

FinalLegion, I understand your frustration, but you have clearly missed the points of many things I have said. I am not going to repeat myself, again. Please re-read all the entries made since your first post.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

It appears as though FinalLegion only joined this community to convince us not to ask for suikoden 6 repeatedly; judging by his 4 only wall posts in this topic. Howz about you dont campaign and stop bitchin about people that actually want to make a difference.
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

If you're not going to take it from someone with four posts, take it from someone with more than three times the number of posts you've made.

We are harassing them; it's immature and we're annoying people who use Konami's Facebook page for other reasons. Think of it from the perspective of the guy maintaining that page, who's probably just some kid fresh out of college trying to earn a living. He's trying to create a fair and balanced community where all Konami fans feel at home, and we are wrecking that by turning it into a "We Want Suikoden VI" page.

And also think about the Konami execs we've been emailing. They've got bigger problems: a changing game market, poor merchandise sales, and team downsizing. Our constant emails to them are a nuisance and only up the pressure. While we may have good intentions, this is incredibly selfish and rude of us to do.

This is the primary reason I started the, now lagging, Twitter campaign; it's an very non-intrusive method of letting Konami know that we want a new game. If you guys come up with a similarly non-intrusive method of letting Konami know we want a new game, then by all means, go for it, I'll join. But in the meantime, this Facebook spamming and emailing of the executives HAS TO STOP.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

it's immature and we're annoying people who use Konami's Facebook page for other reasons.
What other reasons are there? I mostly see posts like "Make a new good Castlevania", "I want PES" and stuff like that. So I don't think our wishes are very far off.

But after the Konami-notice I stopped commenting on their fb page. We got noticed and that's good, and they cannot do anymore. I'm with the twitter-"campaign", but if there are only 5 people joining, it's senseless. Didn't somebody post a board where, if the idea gets posted there, it might get some fresh wind?
Ashietaka

Post by Ashietaka »

LOL. Spamming of Facebook? Really? First off I think we clarified that we don't need to ask for the game anymore at this point. We want to be supportive and show our love for the game so other people also can hear about how cool the series is if they haven't played yet.

I'm pretty sure whoever who is running the site could care less that people keep saying they want some other new Konami game, I mean if he getting paid how could he be that annoyed. Look I'm not here to argue, I just don't want people being so negative about something that's supposed to be posotive. if you have any suggestions as to how you think we should campaign (other then DON'T) then please let us know. This at first was just an idea I had based off the fact that Facebook is huge with lots of people on there. Now look, we got a response and Konami sees how much people love Suikoden, so just maybe there will be hope in the future for the series.
jin022

Post by jin022 »

no news of any further development of the series at this time.
means that they have not yet started making suikoden 6

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Suikoden- ... tif_t=like
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

jin022 wrote:no news of any further development of the series at this time.
means that they have not yet started making suikoden 6

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Suikoden- ... tif_t=like
No, they just don't have anything to announce.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Xelinis wrote:If you're not going to take it from someone with four posts, take it from someone with more than three times the number of posts you've made.
So its a competition now? Very mature
Xelinis wrote:But in the meantime, this Facebook spamming and emailing of the executives HAS TO STOP
The spamming has stopped. What are you still getting worked up about?
Xelinis wrote:If you guys come up with a similarly non-intrusive method of letting Konami know we want a new game, then by all means, go for it
Your answering that yourself with:
Xelinis wrote:And also think about the Konami execs we've been emailing. They've got bigger problems: a changing game market, poor merchandise sales, and team downsizing. Our constant emails to them are a nuisance and only up the pressure. While we may have good intentions, this is incredibly selfish and rude of us to do.
However, Xelinis, I don't know how many times I'm going to have to say it but, my emails to Konami are NOT a shout and scream for Suikoden VI. Also, they are not written and controlled in a spamming nature, they are as professional and polite as possible and my responses from Konami, even if not dealing directly with my queeries, have been largely supportive.

Also I dont know how many times I have to say this, the Facebook ''spamming method'' was ONE small, simple method, NOT the main focus for campaigning. I dont know why people are so focused on its effects, positive or negative, which will probably be quite small.

I understand it may worry some fans that we where harrassing and annoying Konami but you very same fans are standing strongly in the stance that the Facebook method ''will have little or no efects at all'', so what the hell are you bothered about then??

Anyway, the ''spamming method'' on Facebook is over now, so theres no longer any need to pull your hair out about it.

And I think Ashietaka is spot on when he says that if you dont want to support our campaign, then dont. But theres no need to try and surround it with negativity. Stating your honest opinion is one thing but, honestly, the negativity is totaly uncalled for. Its very tiring spending energy campaigning at the same time as fending off negativity here on Suikosource, the very one place one SHOULD be gathering support.

This is supposed to be a positive thing. And seen as you are so focused on the Facebook ''spamming method'', the very fact that those of us who where positive enough to start that small campaign ended up getting a response from Konami is nothing short of great. Wheres the crime in that?

(this is probably where you'll tell me it was our way of getting that response that was a crime but, I'll say again: only one method, not the main focus, effects quite small )
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

Xelinis wrote:
If you're not going to take it from someone with four posts, take it from someone with more than three times the number of posts you've made.

My point wasnt that people with less posts then me dont have an opinion, and i couldnt care less how many more post you have then me. The point was that FinalLegion has obviously only joined Suikosource for the sake of bringing negativity into THIS TOPIC with his overall only 4 post ever being in "It's time to Ask Konami about Suikoden 6".

And well done to all those "Annoying Spammers" myself included for actually getting a response which is more then these whiny "lets wait forever and do nothing" people have got. You can keep on doing nothing by yourselves (which is fine) but why the constant pleas for everyone else to stop trying?
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.