It's time to Ask Konami about Suikoden 6

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
ttfii

Re: It's time to Ask Konami about Suikoden 6

Post by ttfii »

Totally forgot to mention this before because I'm usually too lazy to log-in...

A while back I started working on plans to do a stop-motion lego/clay series based on select scenes from the Suikoden games. It's a bit on the comical side... I'd say Monty Pythonesque. Anyway, I have a feeling they'll turn out very well. If the videos get popular enough, maybe some people in Konami will end up seeing them. They can take it positively or just try and slap me with copyright infringement. Either way, it'd be more attention for the series.

Also, my facebook address is... www.facebook.com/ttfii - I'm willing to help out in any way. I'm not much of a negotiator though.
FinalLegion

Post by FinalLegion »

KC_MCDOHL wrote:I disagree, FinalLegion, although your response has many valid points. If Konami are not overly concerned with this series then they will continue to be that way whether we 'campaign' or not. I don't think they will take a negative view of the fans for trying to revive the series, the same way they probably won't take a positive view of fans for sitting around and 'being patient'. As you say, they have bigger fish to fry. However, airing on the side of positivity, I believe that more can be achieved by campaigning instead of sitting around. Of course, we have to be sensible in our approach, though. Those of us that DO manage to get direct contact with Konami should choose our wording and attitude with tact and caution.

This campaign is for those of use who believe that doing something is better than doing nothing. For those of us who realise that, we haven't been sitting around 'being patient' up to now, we've been moaning and bitching about the series. This is for those of us who want to do something instead of moaning about how rubbish Suikodens current situation is. Something positive. This is for those of us with positive attitudes.

I understand what you're getting at, but I believe any 'campaign', no matter how positive the approach may be, will do little more than prove irksome to the folks at Konami. If anything, this campaign should deliver a simple message: Konami, we love this series, thanks for making it...we really hope to see a sixth installment in the future. Thank you and peace out. Period. Say that and leave it at that/

The reason I say this is because I am quite certain that Konami is aware of how the Suikoden fanbase views the series. I have a strong suspicion that someone within in Konami has ideas for S6 and is merely awaiting the appropriate time to try and advance those ideas. What we, as a community, need to do is be patient and respectful. I believe the message will get across stronger that way and the relationship between Konami and fans will remain positive.
Poison Clan rocks the world.
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

Well it looks like the twitter campaign has pretty much fizzled out before even reaching the triple digits. Honestly, I expected as much.

It was mostly a pipe dream as it was. I fully agree with everything FinalLegion has to say on the matter, especially in that we as a community need to be patient and respectful. I have no doubt in my mind that Konami knows how caring the fanbase is, but we need to understand that, at the end of the day, Konami is a business and they need to focus on making money. If they plan to continue with their current "low risk, high reward" strategy, there's really not much we can do about it other than be patient and wait for the day they've set aside enough resources to make a new Suikoden game.

I'm sad to say that making fans happy isn't what these corporations are about. They're about making executives and stockholders happy.
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

I agree aboutt he being respectful and tactful dealie. I really do. BUt I believe that a pasionate, even over-voiced opinion has more power than a one off polite praise. I think that if it makes a difference, no matter how small an impact, it's worth it.

For me, personally, I'd rather attempt action for my own peace of mind. If it's not going to make a difference, then whatever will be, will be. It's not like they're going to say "Man these guys are all bugging us about Suikoden! Let's not make that for them, they're too annoying."
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Aye, on the one hand, I'm bieng told that it wont make a difference whether or not we 'campaign' as Konami really doesn't care, have bigger fish to fry etc, which, if that is the case, shouldn't bother anyone if I campaign or not. At that point, it would be for my own benefit but I would stay in hope that it could somehow benefit Suikoden as a whole.

On the other hand, I'm being told that we would get our message across, and much more positively if we say nothing and remain patient and respectful (an idea which I wont condemn btw, if thats what you want to do).

So you see, I'm bieng advised I should not campiagn and remain quiet and respectful, but if I DO campaign, it would probably have little impact. Therefore there is no need for anyone to concern themselves with my actions, if they are not interested in joining me. Unless, of course, you are just trying to point out that I could be wasting my time? Well, thats really up for me to decide.

I think, as Nikisaur said, its not as if they are going to turn around and say:
"Man these guys are all bugging us about Suikoden! Let's not make that for them, they're too annoying."

Konami IS a buisiness, and some of the points FinalLegion and of what Xelinis said are totaly true. But still, none of this is going to waver me from the fact that I am going ahead with this campaign - waste of time or not.

Also, I must stress, I am also hearing of the possibility that what we are doing may damage relationships with Konami. But that is what this campaign is all about, to establish a relationship with Konami. That, for me, is the point of this campaign that I think many of you are misinterpretating as a simple shout and scream for Suikoden VI. There is NO relationship with Konami and the Western Suikoden Fanbase, therefore there is nothing to damage. Okay, fan relations CAN be damaged if we go out and totaly offend Konami and act really stupid, granted. But thats not what we're doing here is it?

We are simply asking Konami to establish a relationship with the Suikoden fanbase in order to revive the franchise and make it more profitable for Konami. Therefore, both the fans and Konami are happy. I ask this in REFERENCE to Suikoden VI, not because I am simply emailing them to find out about Suikoden VI.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

So KC how can we join you in this campaign?
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

ok WOW
http://www.facebook.com/notes/konami/de ... 7219813889

Dear Suikoden Fans,

Thank you all for being such dedicated, wonderful fans. Your collective passion for Suikoden is amazing, and is deeply appreciated. And we certainly understand your desire for new information regarding Suikoden.

The simple truth is we have no news of any further development of the series at this time. While we realize this might not be the answer you’re looking for, we wanted to directly acknowledge your dedication.

So we invite you to share your own stories in this post—what is it that YOU loved most about playing Suikoden?
ttfii

Post by ttfii »

Damn! You beat me to it!
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

A very tactful response. I'm glad to see that they're acknowledging us but it seems that the community spamming of "Suikoden VI" has become too much to handle.
ttfii

Post by ttfii »

Well... I say we band together and make an overwhelming response to Konami's post.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

BOO!!! im going back to sleep for a few years and see if anythings changed by then.

atleast we know now and dont have to waste time with a campaign
Last edited by gilgamesh31 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

ttfii wrote:Well... I say we band together and make an overwhelming response to Konami's post.
I've already done my part. Though, I don't think there are enough of us here on these boards to do anything overwhelming.
ttfii

Post by ttfii »

It doesn't necessarily have to be the numbers. Just put your heart into it!
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I already think that's a small success and the most that we could be hoping for from Konami America. :)
FinalLegion

Post by FinalLegion »

Antimatzist wrote:ok WOW
http://www.facebook.com/notes/konami/de ... 7219813889

Dear Suikoden Fans,

Thank you all for being such dedicated, wonderful fans. Your collective passion for Suikoden is amazing, and is deeply appreciated. And we certainly understand your desire for new information regarding Suikoden.

The simple truth is we have no news of any further development of the series at this time. While we realize this might not be the answer you’re looking for, we wanted to directly acknowledge your dedication.

So we invite you to share your own stories in this post—what is it that YOU loved most about playing Suikoden?
Okay, in all seriousness, this should be enough. For anyone who intends to move forward on campaigns or whatnot, this right here should tell you that you don't need to do so. A positive relationship is now established. Leave it alone. Let Konami be Konami.
Poison Clan rocks the world.