Crying over video games?

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.

Re: Crying over video games?

Post by 727 »

That's so weird. I was about to post about laguna. I didn't cry but I did feel emotional. I just don't really cry.
A brand new Suikoden game with a well-written script!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Suikorok ... ?ref=br_tf
FlickVick

Post by FlickVick »

I shed a few tears over the "secret ending" in Suikoden 2. Probably the most emotional I have ever felt over a video game!

Thats why its ma fav!
Lyka

Post by Lyka »

Haha.. It's kinda funny, but had cry because Luc together with Sarah (untill they're dead!).
when i was remember it, i would cry... But now i'm fine.
Watch out with my English language! I'm not too much good speaking in English
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Walters death is a great example, avenger. I couldnt believe that I was so upset over that. I was very surprised how quikly I had become emotionaly invested in Walter and his relationship with Kyril
Thiamor

Post by Thiamor »

I didn't cry, but it is emotional in the end of Final Fantasy IX (9) where Vivi is implied 'dead'.
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

Not gunna lie...I got a little choked up when Luca was about to die....He was just such a great character...amazing villain, and I felt so bad for him after hearing what happened to him as a child.

I hope that doesn't make me seem like a psycho...HOO HOO HOO HA HA HAAA!
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

EEK. You shall haunt my dreams, Viktor Agostinelli!
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

I found the ending of FFIX really emotional (I actually finished that one ^.^)

Also Squall getting hit with ice and Rinoa is all "Oh nooooooo"! I love that bit coz it gets me. Don't know if I've ever actually cried though. Get a little teary sometimes.
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Ah, Squall getting hit with Ice, how cool ain't that...... Ok, I took what I could get and ran with it, so sue me..

I never could bring myself to finish Final Fantasy IX, but I did watch a friend that did. I cried. The game and ending, was just that bad.
Thiamor

Post by Thiamor »

I liked 9. Not as much as the others. 8 is my favorite.
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

For some reason I loved 9. 8 fell kinda flat for me at times, but I still like it. I like the themes and characters more in 9, hence the emotional-ness...
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
Palladiamors

Post by Palladiamors »

It depends on the game. I've cried over plenty of'em, same with books. Off the top of my head, certain scenes in Valkyria Chronicles Final Fantasy X.

Lulu's death in III didn't really upset me. It wasn't really a surprise either....the kid went and tried to attack a knight while she wasn't looking. I completely understood Hugo and companies reaction, but it just didn't do anything for me.

I loved Nanami, so her apparent 'death' was pretty upsetting. Gremio's made me cry, I am pretty sure, but that's been years. Lyon's scene's where pretty depressing too. Know what else I cried over? The fact that Euram showed up to fight you numerous times during the game, but if you get him and he reforms....he doesn't fight for you.

Final Fantasy IX always felt like kind of a weak point to me. It wasn't a bad game by any stretch, and it did a lot of things better then VIII did, but...it just never really grabbed me. I have no idea why.
Hito-Shura

Post by Hito-Shura »

Ferid when he smiled at the end before dying.

Odessa also a sad ending but Mathiu at the end heartbreaking.

I loved Luca I loved his life and I loved his death best character in Suikoden. After his death Suikoden II losses 40% of its appeal to me.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Chris_Lightfellow wrote:
Hirathien wrote:Was i.... The only one who actually cheered when Nanami "kicked the bucket"? I know she didn't really die when i did the best ending... But i thought so at the time, and i just couldn't be happier...
I felt that way about Lulu. :P
we all did :mrgreen:
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

Nikisaur wrote:I found the ending of FFIX really emotional (I actually finished that one ^.^)

Also Squall getting hit with ice and Rinoa is all "Oh nooooooo"! I love that bit coz it gets me. Don't know if I've ever actually cried though. Get a little teary sometimes.
I love, love, love that part because when I first played it I thought he was dead. It was so sad.
She summoned those ice shards, threw them, Rinoa moved and WHAMO Squall got hit. She turned around and ran to him as he fell off the ...whatever they were on . .. in slow motion.

I seriously replay the game every time because that's my favorite part of it.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore