Suikoden II to Suikoden III data..

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
King Krimson

Suikoden II to Suikoden III data..

Post by King Krimson »

I know there are already a few of these but none of them seemed to have the problem that i was having.
Basically i just finished Suikoden II today just defeated the beast rune and saved it outside the great hall at my castle after the battle. so i then copied my suikoden II save on to my PS2 memory card and started up suikoden III when it asked me if i wanted to load data from Suikoden II i chose the memory chard i had just copied it to and it told me there was no suikoden II save data.. so i was wondering is there any specific location that you are ment to save after defeating the beast rune or some other detail i may have missed?

once again im sorry to make another topic about this when there already is quite a few. ^^''
any help on this matter would be appreciated. ^^
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/1542/banner2bq6.gif

Luc - "then your definition of freedom is the ability to walk around a giant cell with an invisible leash around your neck"
YuberEightfold

Re: Suikoden II to Suikoden III data..

Post by YuberEightfold »

I have been in that situation before when loading suikoden I to Suiko II. It's says there are no Suiko I data in your memory card.So then I try to play Suiko I all over again using different CD(pirate copies are not stable which make them different quality).And it worked.

Perhaps you should use different CD. Would be better if you use originals though :D
Let our Mercy, as deep as the Feitas, and our Authority, as powerful as the Sun,
be revealed to the entire world !!! ...
-Queendom of Felena
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Maybe you played the Suikoden II PAL-Version.
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

Aren't you supposed to save right before the Beast Rune?

I know I also had this problem from Suikoden I to Suikoden II, but it was because I was saved in the wrong place. Once I saved right before Barbarosa(or Barbosa, I can never remember), it allowed me to do it.
Keep your Coins, I want Change.
King Krimson

Post by King Krimson »

I see.. thankyou for all your help everyone. ^_^

I guess i will try again and see if it works if i save before the beast rune.
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/1542/banner2bq6.gif

Luc - "then your definition of freedom is the ability to walk around a giant cell with an invisible leash around your neck"
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

King Krimson wrote:I see.. thankyou for all your help everyone. ^_^

I guess i will try again and see if it works if i save before the beast rune.
Definitely not, you MUST save after the Beast Rune. other Save Stats won't work.
kte03

Post by kte03 »

Redheim wrote:Aren't you supposed to save right before the Beast Rune?

I know I also had this problem from Suikoden I to Suikoden II, but it was because I was saved in the wrong place. Once I saved right before Barbarosa(or Barbosa, I can never remember), it allowed me to do it.
You only have to save at Barbarossa's part if you want Tir McDohl in your party. Any save spot is fine since it still carries over some data like returning characters' levels.