New runes

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

The only new runes I have seen are the unique Seduction Rune, and the One Slice Rune.

The seduction rune is a reverse knight rune, where enemies will suddnly appear in front of the bearer to take hits directed at her. It's handy and is always in effect (you don't have to use it).

The One Slice rune replaces "Let Go" with "One Slice." It allows you to defeat weaker enemies in one fell swoop, but you get no XP. However, you get items and potch. Very nice.
Stallion

Post by Stallion »

SARSadmin wrote:The One Slice rune replaces "Let Go" with "One Slice." It allows you to defeat weaker enemies in one fell swoop, but you get no XP. However, you get items and potch. Very nice.
There's almost no disadvantage to this except that it occupies a rune slot... is it fixed on the hero or can you move it around? Generally "Let Go" enemies didn't give much xp anyway, so perhaps the flaw would be that in previous games you could see when the enemies went from 'Run' to 'Let Go', but with the rune you'll have to guess...

At any rate I hardly used 'Let Go' except for recruiting Stallion. When the enemies are that weak my party kills them in one round anyway.
suikogod

Post by suikogod »

Hmm...I thought there was a few other new runes as well...to bad they are quite limited. But then again it makes sense as it's 150 years before suikoden 1, so maybe not all the runes have been discovered.
I am your GOD! SUIKODEN is your religion. Any questions?
Stab594

One Slice/Slash Rune

Post by Stab594 »

Actually, you still the exp, its just by the point that the enemies are vulnerable to it, they don't give much exp anyway
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

you get EXP too? that's good when you just wanna level up your weaker characters. bring 3 super weak ones with Hero and you level up without risk of KO's
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

The Slash rune calculates your total parties strength.

if you bring 3 ultra weak characters, and a strong Hero, you won't be able to use the Slash rune.

It only works if your whole party is strong.

[spoiler]
Slash Rune + Fortune Rune [Double Exp] + Noah [ Potch Finder Support, increases potch after battle a whopping 30% ] equals fun times. [/spoiler]
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

er why would you want to double EXP from those weak enemies? get 10 instead of 5? how about the Prosperity Rune instead??
smth

Post by smth »

is there a true holy rune in this game ?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

um a support character you recruit happens to have been born with one...
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Cedric, no?
I hope everything is going delicious.
Ninja Genesis

Post by Ninja Genesis »

What about the Charm Rune that Jeane now bears on her forehead? It says it has the ability to charm enemies...but I have yet to see it be put to use.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the "Seducation Rune" SARSadmin was talking about was translated to Charm Rune. and that's the only one in the game
Yuber_XIV

Post by Yuber_XIV »

smth wrote:is there a true holy rune in this game ?
The only way i found the True Holy Rune in This Game was A Codebreaker :/
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

again, Cedric has the True Holy Rune. but you don't get to see his stats
Mad_Lucied99

Post by Mad_Lucied99 »

Ninja Genesis wrote:What about the Charm Rune that Jeane now bears on her forehead? It says it has the ability to charm enemies...but I have yet to see it be put to use.
When i was training in the ship with jeane in my party...I was battling against ornan karl and millay...the millay used a flame wall the ornan went jeane's spot and he took the damage for jeane.....