Suikoden Music Test

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Piisuke

Suikoden Music Test

Post by Piisuke »

Hello,

Recently I created a music test with music, purely from the Suikoden games. As I am a big Suikoden fan myself, I wanted to share this with as many Suikoden fans as possible, though anybody who wants to participate is welcome.
The videos have been uploaded to Youtube. It consists of two parts, which is important for you to know.

In the description bar is a link to a topic with all the rules written down and how you can participate. There is no special price or anything attached to it, however it should still give you the satisfaction of beating your opponents.

The songs vary from all the main Suikoden titles and I made sure not to pick, just the songs, everybody knows. There is a bit of everything, so there is a good challenging factor.

The reason I disabled commenting on the video is because I am afraid people will spoil the answers in their comments.
As soon as the contest is over, I will allow comments, for those who still want to leave feedback, or missed out.

If you're interested and think you can get the highest score, feel free to join and hand in your answers. The link in the description bar should give you all the information you need, but if you still have any questions, feel free to ask them.

May the best man win!

Click 1
Click 2

*reason for edit: better description
Piisuke

Re: Suikoden Music Test

Post by Piisuke »

Well, due to the lack of participation, I have decided to postpone the deadline until the 4th of February.
I am actually surprised by the sheer lack of participation and to be honest, you guys should be ashamed of yourselves.
Anyway, because I hope to get more participation from the fans of Suikoden, I have decided that you can submit your answers wherever you like.
So, this means on Youtube, here, Suikox and RPG Dreamers. Hopefully this will encourage players to hand in their answers to me, so that I can close this chapter.

So, if you haven't done anything yet, now is your chance!

Edit:

Also, as I posted this on other Suikoden forums, what Suikoden forum has the best knowledge? Will it be Due Fiumi, Suikox, Suikosource, or will somebody from RPG Dreamers take the win?
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

I really like the idea of this test =)

However, what do you acclaim as the "real names"? I posses the original OSTs where the names are, obviously, in japanese. There happen to be several diffenrent translations of the song titles around the net.
On the other hand, these titles differ to the in-game song names (like Kasios' or Annallee's sound test) sometimes as well. Since these titles are used in the games, do you consider them as wrong?

Personally I think it's easier to come up with the names by simply looking for lists on the internet. It's even harder to tell where the titles show up in the game, isn't it?

Nevertheless, well done!
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

Good question.

As the titles are all in Japanese and there is no official translation for the songs, we can't have the official titles.
Thus you go by what you believe to be the title. There are websites that have tracklists and they often differ a bit, for example the song Exceeding Love is sometimes called Transcending Love.
Both names will be correct, as they're both a translation of the Japanese title.
The easiest would be to go via websites, as it is quicker to access and easier to check on my part as well. Although I already have the answers, I sometimes catch myself being confused with the actual answer and my answer and thus I have to check various sources to see if the song is a translation of the song I am thinking of.

Just be aware that some sites have given the wrong title to the wrong song. I can remember checking my Suikoden I ost some time ago and the actual final boss battle, where you hear the wind blowing, had the title of the boss battle and vice versa.

However, I do want a title. Simply saying, "the theme you hear at this moment" won't do, as that means I have to check the actual game to see if you're correct.
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

Not long until the 4th of February!
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

Well, tomorrow is the 4th of February, so if you still want to participate, or have your answers ready, but not yet entered, do this asap!

Good luck!
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

Well, the results are in. Only 6 people participated, which is still a bit low. Only a few more, since I extended the deadline.

The scores are as follows:

1. CelesDestiny (Suikosource) - 150 pts.
1. Salamander (Suikox) - 150 pts.

3. Kari (DueFiumi) - 87 pts.
4. KoRnholio (Suikosource) - 77 pts.
5. Sansetsu-kon (DueFiumi - 60 pts.
6. Dragon Brigade (RPG Dreamers) - 13 pts.

The correct answers were:

01. Suikoden IV – La Mer
02. Suikoden I – Distant Mountain
03. Suikoden V – A Power Like The Sun
04. Suikoden II – Dancing With Karen
05. Suikoden III – A Pleasant Ranch
06. Suikoden I – Joy Joy Time
07. Suikoden II – We Are Number Wuff!
08. Suikoden IV – Warfare on the Vast Expanse of the Sea
09. Suikoden V – Move Out!
10. Suikoden II – Silver Wolf
11. Suikoden I – Theme of the Advancing Army
12. Suikoden II – Gothic Neclord
13. Suikoden III – Blade
14. Suikoden IV – Decisive Battle Against The Wicked One
15. Suikoden V – Dancing Rhapsody
16. Suikoden I – Passacaria
17. Suikoden III – Path Destroyer
18. Suikoden IV – Fated Confrontation
19. Suikoden V – The Queen’s Knights
20. Suikoden III – Exceeding Love
21. Suikoden II – Imprisoned Town
22. Suikoden II – 2 Rivers
23. Suikoden IV – Victory Theme
24. Suikoden V – The Sound Of A Flute In The Moonlit Night
25. Suikoden I – Theme of Sadness (Guitar Version)
26. Suikoden II – A Prayer To My Mother
27. Suikoden II – Reminiscence
28. Suikoden V – The Light Moaning In The Darkness
29. Suikoden II – Beautiful Morning
30. Suikoden V – Practise Dragon Horse Racing
31. Suikoden I – Black Forest
32. Suikoden II – Opening
33. Suikoden II – The Will
34. Suikoden III – Advance and Retreat
35. Suikoden II – One Minute Showdown
36. Suikoden I – Into A World of Illusions
37. Suikoden II – A Busting Town