Shadow Dog is late to the party

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Jack of All Trades

Shadow Dog is late to the party

Post by Jack of All Trades »

Does the shadow dog really show up in the Amur Plains for hugo in chapter one? I've been at this for hours and it is not showing up?
RangerDeon

Re: Shadow Dog is late to the party

Post by RangerDeon »

Shadow dog?

.. . what?

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

it's in our bestiary. supposed to be a boss battle. you sure you're in Amur and not North Amur? have you encountered a boss battle yet?
http://suikosource.com/games/gs3/guides/bestiary.php
Jack of All Trades

Yeah I'm in Amur Plains or else I'd be fighting those damnable arachnovores. I have not fought a boss battle yet in Amur Plains. I've fought the boar two or three times in North Amur Plains just passing through for the lottery though. I just don't understand why walking around in circles for 5 hours isn't bring up the shadow dog.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

ooOOooOOOooOOooh

I'll see if I can find a picture of him to see if I've ever faced hi, (probably have)

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Jack of All Trades

I just now finally fought him. I guess these area boss battles are rarer than I realized.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i would think you can encounter an Area Boss every half hour. if you happen to leave and fight another place's area boss, you'd have to wait another half hour or so for another Area Boss to appear.
Jack of All Trades

I was coming and going pretty frequently... grrr.. Thanks for letting me know
Jack of All Trades

There must be more to the way area bosses spawn because Devil Eye just refuses to show up in Brass Castle. I've been here for 3 hours now and he isn't appearing. I wish there was more info out there about how enemies and area bosses spawn...Grr.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Huh, I remember getting that devil eye and all you really do is walk down one corridor in that level, and I remembering having the misfortune of being clobbered by him the one time I was there.

I really think it's just random. Be glad you're not playing something like Earthbound and trying to get Pooh's items, now that's annoying randomness.
Jack of All Trades

It sucks cause I'm still there trying to lure out the devil eye. I'm not even trying to win an item. I just want to fight him once.