Suikoden Tierkreis?

Suikoden Tierkreis pre-release board.
qwsed

Re: Suikoden Tierkreis?

Post by qwsed »

darkphoenix wrote:I'm so happy it's on DS and not PSP...

From the pictures on RPG gamer, it looks like we'll be back to a 4 fighter party system...mmmh, not sure i like that.
Also, looks like the new "animal" breed are sharks.
The 4 ppl party i kinda figured out ^^. I see nothing wrong with that

The new race looks kinda cool. Looks alot like the shark race in Rogue Galaxy hehe.

EDIT: "The Chosen 108 heroes have been destroyed?!" sound a bit weird! I have a theory! The gate rune moves through time and space right? As do the Teleport (Blinking) rune. Maybe at the peak of the war the 108 heroes died or vanished and the hero had to go back and do it all over again or rather he got send back in time. Or something like that ^^ (i know it sounds kinda stupid)
Kinnison:
"Life is a long song, but the tune ends too soon for us all."
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I'm also not impressed by the 4 party system. That didn't work for Suikoden IV, but hey, there's a new Suikoden so I can't gripe too much.

I wonder where in the world it takes place.
darkphoenix

Post by darkphoenix »

I think 4 people is too much of a limited choice out of 108 characters. Better with 6, plus you can make more elaborate strategies.
As of your theory of all the stars disappearing... I'm wondering whether you havent smoked too much swedish herbs :P
But who knows, anything's possible
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

The main problem with 4 players is that with 108 people you can't have as many of your favourites fighting at once, especially with plot party requirements.

The MP idea is good. Although it makes Suikoden less unique, MP is easier to use than a staggered spell system.
qwsed

Post by qwsed »

darkphoenix wrote:I think 4 people is too much of a limited choice out of 108 characters. Better with 6, plus you can make more elaborate strategies.
As of your theory of all the stars disappearing... I'm wondering whether you havent smoked too much swedish herbs :P
But who knows, anything's possible
HAHA. What "Swedish" herbs would that be? Do you even know where my country is? haha ^^ (im loling hard)

Okey then! Tell me your thoughts on "The Chosen 108 heroes have been destroyed?!". What happend to them? ^^

EDIT: Thats true that you cant have as many favorites as you could with a party of 6 but i thought it worked out nicely with the 4th.
Kinnison:
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

honestly if not for the "Suikoden" title, this game looks like a generic DS/PSP rpg that I wouldn't bother with. I don't like this graphical style.. the Suikoden games always had a different graphical style/feel than what I see in Tierkreis shots.
qwsed

Post by qwsed »

KFCrispy wrote:honestly if not for the "Suikoden" title, this game looks like a generic DS/PSP rpg that I wouldn't bother with. I don't like this graphical style.. the Suikoden games always had a different graphical style/feel than what I see in Tierkreis shots.
I agree with you on the graphics. They look the same as most of the other 3d models on DS. Probobly because the DS cant handle better? I dont know but most of the companies that makes 3D ds games look alike.
Kinnison:
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Ok, duefiumi gives us new infos about the "108 Stars destroyed?" part...
In the movie scene screenshots it shows the 108 Stars of Destiny in their "final battle" and being decimated by the enemy except for 4 remaining warriors that are still standing. The main character leading the stars in the video looks a lot like the main character, but maybe older and in proper armor. It could well be that the entire game is a flashback leading up to that event, rather than you being an unrelated character after the fact getting drawn into the web of affairs.
Sounds interesting, sorta, but I don't wnat to lose. Maybe the story changes in a new game+/if you meet certain requirements?

Additionally:
A group called the Swordsmen of the Night (or possibly Swordsmen of Hell) are stated to be involved in the game somehow.
Sounds either like the beginning of pesmerga and Yuber to me, or like something which has to do with the Night Rune/Zerase/Zodiac Sword/The Olympics.
Skaidon

Post by Skaidon »

I really couldn't be more excited than I am now, this is just what I needed. I was tinking that what I really need is a new Suikoden and then it gets announced, sweet.
qwsed

Post by qwsed »

It does sound like Pesmerga and Yuber. And yes, what if you are losing? But win with your last 4 characters. There have been real time battles that only a handful of ppl survived. If the majority of your army die, i want it to be epic!

And maybe its like you said. In new game+ the game unfolds differently.

Well its kinda logical that many of the 108 stars die in battle. Since it is actually a war. But we'll just have to wait ^^. It would be a pretty big change because in the other games you'll needed all the 108 characters to get the best ending.
Kinnison:
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Ahhh I can't wait, I'm checking like every 5 minutes on duefiumi for News...

I hope Konami will show us more on the Games Convention in Leipzig. That would be uber genial.

And I hope it will be released in Spring 2009... well, that depends on which 50% they have done so far ;) But I guess it will be getting faster from now on.. i just hope so.

Argh, I can't play any other game now.. poor Star Ocean >.<
Shin

Post by Shin »

qwsed wrote: A ds cartridge is as i stated before up to 2gb!!! Its aprox. half that of a dvd-r.
You're confusing gigabits with gigabytes... A 2Gb DS cartridge is only about 1/4 of a gigabyte, or 1/18 of a DVD-R. Suikoden V took up almost a full DVD-R (about 36Gb / 4.5GB).
amelia108

Post by amelia108 »

this does seem to be suikoden vi? it seems like too much to just be a side-game really.

the art-style does look a bit generic and the game does look sort of kiddy. i don't want to fall victim to early speculation, but i really hope they don't dumb down the series too much.

also, i was afraid of suikoden going to a lesser system, but it does seem like the best choice for a series that really needs a lifeline (money-wise i mean). then again, ds doesn't really have lesser games, so forget that.

oh forget it.. NEW SUIKODEN! FINALLY!
qwsed

Post by qwsed »

Shin wrote:
qwsed wrote: A ds cartridge is as i stated before up to 2gb!!! Its aprox. half that of a dvd-r.
You're confusing gigabits with gigabytes... A 2Gb DS cartridge is only about 1/4 of a gigabyte, or 1/18 of a DVD-R. Suikoden V took up almost a full DVD-R (about 36Gb / 4.5GB).
Yea sorry about that. Even tho, this doesnt mean that the game will be unforfilling or short in any way.

Maybe konami releases the game on 4 cartridges :P haha
Kinnison:
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

well i read that it is going to be on the nintendo DS??!??! somebody please tell me im wrong, my only guess is that they made this "side wuest" type suikoden game to A - keep us busy while suikoden 6 is being finished. B- possibly introduce us to another true rune since we still do not know them all, and C- new story lines and characters which will ADD to the suikoden saga, HOPEFULLY meaning that they are far from finishing this awesome video game series :)
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor