[FAQ] Snowe's Outfits

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

Oh, you know when you pull into port? Get ready to leave, but don't go anywhere. Just stay put on the world screen.

Sailing around doesn't help. :)
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

This maybe a stupid question but I don't know how to keep my boat still. I stop in a spot (i'm getting the pirate outifit so it's outside Iluya) but my boat keeps moving slowwly, not to mention I get into random battles to because it's moving. Should I just anchor the ship and wait for a while ands then pull up the net?
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

RageRune wrote:This maybe a stupid question but I don't know how to keep my boat still. I stop in a spot (i'm getting the pirate outifit so it's outside Iluya) but my boat keeps moving slowwly, not to mention I get into random battles to because it's moving. Should I just anchor the ship and wait for a while ands then pull up the net?
While inside the ship, open the menu then choose Depart. This will put you in the world map. Don't move. Just let it stay there. If you do move, press down to stop the ship. You don't get anything inside the net if you remain in the ship. You have to be departed.
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

highwind44029 wrote:
RageRune wrote:This maybe a stupid question but I don't know how to keep my boat still. I stop in a spot (i'm getting the pirate outifit so it's outside Iluya) but my boat keeps moving slowwly, not to mention I get into random battles to because it's moving. Should I just anchor the ship and wait for a while ands then pull up the net?
While inside the ship, open the menu then choose Depart. This will put you in the world map. Don't move. Just let it stay there. If you do move, press down to stop the ship. You don't get anything inside the net if you remain in the ship. You have to be departed.
And to add...

It takes about 10 minutes to fill up the net, so expect a LOT of sardines...LOL
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

Moonbay wrote:
highwind44029 wrote:
And to add...

It takes about 10 minutes to fill up the net, so expect a LOT of sardines...LOL
Yeah I'm expecting to get alot sardines. :P BUt thanks for the help.
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

LoL, I got lots of Mackerel Miso Stew from all the mackerel I got around Nest of irates...and the Salmon? Bot howdy! All the slamon I got made me rich! (Well, that's an exageration)
Silver Dragon Flik

Re: I'm pissed at the game, AGAIN! Snowe's Outfits

Post by Silver Dragon Flik »

Chaos_Zero wrote:Okay, it's that time again kiddies. Time for me to complain about how much this game is pissing me off.

I like this game. I do.

But when you spend 5+ hours looking for Snowe's outfits in the RIGHT areas, and get nothing but crappy fish + a few Ocean Rune pieces (not to mention crappy ornaments), you have no choice but to wanna grab your new lightweight ps2, and 'frisbee' it at the nearest wall. >_<

Just WTF do I have to do to get these damn outfits? I swear, I think I leveled up ALL of my unite attacks while in the process of searching for his outfits.

Opinion:

Ai hait teh hobo clowthingh!!!!11! XP
The best way to get Snowe's pirate outfit is to train high luck characters to level 40-50. Rita, Reinback, Mitsuba, Chiepoo etc. get them in your 3 ship party's. Give all of them lucky rings and have Cedric as support. Then teleport to Illuya, get on board, go to Shiramina and cast the net. Wait 10 mins. I got Snowe's pirate outfit in 2 tries.
Orochi_Rockman

Post by Orochi_Rockman »

I know how you guys feel. But I ultimately decided to leave him in his hobo clothes.

I mean, not only did the little bastard deserve it, but I thought the clothes were a perfect fit for his more humble change of heart.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

My Suikoden have the strange thing of giving me wrong maps, When I get map 22 (thunder rune I think) I dont have it and If I remember right I took that map.

Same for my friend using my SIV, he had maps he didnt have before and maps he had taken was gone.
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Chaos_Zero wrote: But when you spend 5+ hours looking for Snowe's outfits in the RIGHT areas, and get nothing but crappy fish + a few Ocean Rune pieces (not to mention crappy ornaments),
You do realize ocean rune pieces are used to upgrade your ships, right?

THey ain't exactly useless and they ain't exactly something that you shouldn't be estatic for finding.
Mazinkaiser26

Re:

Post by Mazinkaiser26 »

Sazar wrote:
patapi wrote:Getting Snowe's outfits is as frustrating as hunting the squirrels in Suikoden II. :cry:
No my friend, nothing was worse than that....
I found all but the last one, I searched for hours upon hours to no avail

To this day I am missing 1 squirrel

ive never had trouble finding the squirrels.
wich one are you missing?
Let's Rock'n Roll! (Black Arachnia)
I don't Rock'n Roll, I Buuurn! (Inferno)

Mazinkaiser
Mazinkaiser26

Post by Mazinkaiser26 »

ive found knight and pirate in just a few tries
but ive been tyrying to get the aristocrat outfit for the past 3 hours and still nothing. bouhouhou

i really hate the perfectionist in me

nevermind i finally found it
it is indeed by the pitates nest but just like the pirate king shoes
you have to be very patient.
Let's Rock'n Roll! (Black Arachnia)
I don't Rock'n Roll, I Buuurn! (Inferno)

Mazinkaiser
Felicitycat

Post by Felicitycat »

Removing the Fancy Garb from Lino En Kuldes' dresser affects what he wears in the ending cinema. If you remove it, he won't be wearing it at the end. Leave it, and he will. Another scene that is affected is when you sail back to liberate Obel. (The one right before the naval battle, I think.)

Also, it is VERY true that you don't want Snowe in your party when fishing for his outfits -- he has the lowest luck stat in the game!

Nostalgic Armor = Pirate's Garb (for Snowe to "get in the role") =
Snowe's Rags > Noble-Looking Clothes
You know that indestructible black box that is used on airplanes?
Why don't they make the whole plane out of that stuff?
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

OH MY GOD!

You. . could. . .get. . his other clothes?

I had NO idea.

Man, thank god because I was hatin' those clothes he had on.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
dragons_descent4

Re: [FAQ] Snowe's Outfits

Post by dragons_descent4 »

one thing that helped me out as well was going to talk to him first. I already had one of his outfits in my inventory so I think that had something to do with it.
But I waited forever and kept trying for hours to get the pirate outfit and all I was getting was voodoo dolls and sardines,then I went and talked to him then tried again and BAM,pirate outfit.
"Now we can fight to our hearts' content."
"Too bad I have to fight with you."
- Viktor and Flik

Into dark humor? Check out my upcoming webseries!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Morb ... 1697490455