[Secret] Bribe glitch

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
iDa

[Secret] Bribe glitch

Post by iDa »

Hi everyone.

I've seen this glitch and looked around and it seems it hasn't been mentioned. But I can always bribe every monster I fight against by clicking confirm twice before the "paid ---- potch" or "you failed to make a deal" message comes up. You can even use this to bribe bosses (it is considered that you beat the boss). It only works as long as you have the money though. So far I've used this on zombie dragon, neclord and some other bosses I forget.

Couldn't do this to avoid fighting with Anji to recruit him, must be pre-programmed with the if(bribe).
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

Game version?
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Re: Auto-bribe glitch?

Post by Oppenheimer »

iDa wrote: So far I've used this on zombie dragon, neclord and some other bosses I forget.
What in the world would a zombie dragon do with a bunch of potch?
Jalk

Post by Jalk »

Ask the question to the many many dragons in RPG, books or movies who are guarding huge piles of gold coins. ^^
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

monsters have to buy things too!!

so the Bribe option was available during these battles?! i don't recall seeing it available for bosses, but i never looked too hard. did you get the EXP up screen with gold and items?? (did you gain experience?)
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Purely from my own dodgy memory, I recall that we don't get exp or money, just considered as "victory". But I could be wrong (though I don't think it'd make sense to bribe the boss with money and then get some money returned as reward for winning hhahaha)
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
iDa

Post by iDa »

KFCrispy wrote:monsters have to buy things too!!

so the Bribe option was available during these battles?! i don't recall seeing it available for bosses, but i never looked too hard. did you get the EXP up screen with gold and items?? (did you gain experience?)
Yes and so was "Run". It's just that its suppose to always fail ("but was Surrounded!!!", "You failed to make a deal..."). The options aren't available in II in boss fights though.

You don't get any EXP, gold or items, as soon as you glitch you come out of the battle. Kinda useful in beating hard bosses with little rewards or speedrunning I guess.

Wonder if it works on the psp version...
oops

Post by oops »

If that's the case then I can get around the neclord battle where you cant win?!

Must give that a try when I can.

:EDIT:

Yes this does work.

Ive gotten past neclord now with hix trying to be a hero :roll:

Least all those water rune pieces don't have to be wiped.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

Opps is the outcome still the same after you use this trick? Meaning all the character fall onto the ground....? Just curious.
Grade"A"Brassiere
oops

Post by oops »

yup
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

so.. will the big bad three-headed golden hydra accept CASH to give up? how corrupt is that (!)
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

I just tried this trick. It is more like a glitch and not "Bribe". When you do this trick, you got throw out of battle immediately with no loss of money. No EXP or anything. And not even gaining gold from the battle. This trick is not worth it IMO.
Grade"A"Brassiere
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Bribe glitch?

Post by KFCrispy »

I tried to Bribe Luc's Golem with 999,999 potch. Failed to make a deal. I'll try to keep track of what boss enemies can actually be bribed..
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

No boss enemy can be bribed normally, no matter how much potch you can offer.

The described trick avoids the barrier set by fixed encounters, and calculates the amount needed in order to bribe the enemy by multiplying the cash received from it with some factor.

celes
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

ah, LOL i just tried it... so it does indeed work for probably any battle, as long as you have enough money. i was thinking you just have to Bribe and didn't read into it enough.... hahaha nice trick.