Watari and Ayame working for the Blights?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
MaskedBishop

Watari and Ayame working for the Blights?

Post by MaskedBishop »

"By leaving the "Kage" organization, he became a ninja escapee who is being pursued by Ayame. It is not mentioned in the game, but it seems like they both worked for Luca and Jill Blight's family in Suikoden 2.
Ayame was born in 451, and Watari in 452. The Dunan Unification war was in 460. Jillia Blight fled to harmonia, and Luca Blight was killed during the Unification War. With these events isnt the Blight family essential gone? so if thats the case Watari and Ayame served the Blights? not that they were in fact training but were some like 8 and 9 year old assassins for Luca?

Is it just me or does this seem odd...
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Watari and Ayame working for the Blights?

Post by KFCrispy »

Lyon was an assassin at like age 4...
MaskedBishop

Post by MaskedBishop »

I havent played 4 or 5 as of yet, but yah my girlfriend did mention how there are alot of impractically aged characters in suikoden that you just dont think about. Sure you think they are young, but you never really consider HOW young - or at least i didnt.

I actually was planning on deleting this when I got home from work, had no one answered it, since she mentioned that. But thanks for your input KFCrispy. :)
TrueRune27

Post by TrueRune27 »

Could they be working for Jillia Blight during the Higheast Rebellion which was 12 years after the events of suikoden 2? Ayame mentioned a she somewhere in her conversation so it may be Jillia after all.
Iku

Post by Iku »

jillia was shocked that they were excuting 16/17 year olds so id be surprised if she knew they were using kids as assassins, so id doubt they were working for her personally!!
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

hm but at the same time, the entire town of Kyaro easily believed Riou and Jowy were spies working for the enemy.... only Jillia was surprised, probably due to having a closed-off life.