My Ideal Suikoden 6

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Clayton_Y

My Ideal Suikoden 6

Post by Clayton_Y »

I REALLLLLY want some backstory between Windy, Leknaat, and Zerase....I also think it would be amazing to be able load your final 108 save from all previous 5 suikodens and have Leknaat summon them to your aid before the final battle, having an absoloutley killer final party
Falenan_descent

Re: My Ideal Suikoden 6

Post by Falenan_descent »

The summoning thing is a neat idea and all but most of them would be like, "....wtf?". They probobly wouldn't know where they were and they'd be confused as hell. It'd be awkward to do.
Pokerface

Post by Pokerface »

My Ideal Suikoden Story wish? Oooooooooookaaaaayyyy my friends, here is what I wish to have in the next Suikoden game:

-the story of Pesmerga and Yuber
-we all know that Emperor Barbarossa took Windy with him by jumping from the castle's roof, BUT Are those 2 really dead? Front Gate and Souvereign Runes.... where are they now?
-Lazlo en Kuldes survived the Rune of Punishment... so where is he now? We all know that bearers of true runes do not age anymore.
-Kyril. Well, after Suikoden Tactics, he travelled to Scarlet Moon Empire and then he disappeared.. What the heck happened to him?
-The truth about Jeane and Viki. What are those 2 women? They seem to have true runes when we remember what we used to see. Jeane and Viki appeared in Suikoden 4 which happened to play 150 years before the other Suikoden parts.
-What happened to McDohl and Gremio after Suikoden 2? Then the same for Nanami, Jowy and Riou.
-Of course I want to know what Georg Prime was doing after the Dunan unification war.
-Is Troy really dead?

Questions over questions... I want them all answered!! :)

Pokerface
Mess with the best, die like the rest!
http://www.suikoden3.de
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

You want all that in one game???

I don't know what I would like in a ideal game, I do want to know more about all those character (Windy, Leeknaat, Yuber, Crowley, etc...), but what I really want from a game is a more dark setting, I want to see a more realistic "horrors of war" than we have seen in the past games.

Stuff like civilians being turn into slaves, people starving, soldiers dying, etc.
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

Clayton_Y wrote:I REALLLLLY want some backstory between Windy, Leknaat, and Zerase....I also think it would be amazing to be able load your final 108 save from all previous 5 suikodens and have Leknaat summon them to your aid before the final battle, having an absoloutley killer final party
I'm not sure it's possible to do so, since Konami would be required to make models for all of those playable characters. Which takes time.
Pokerface wrote:The truth about Jeane and Viki. What are those 2 women? They seem to have true runes when we remember what we used to see. Jeane and Viki appeared in Suikoden 4 which happened to play 150 years before the other Suikoden parts.
Konami has confirmed that they don't have any True Runes. Sorry, mate.

As long as there aren't too many cameos, I'm happy.
[evil laugh here]
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

We don't know whether or not Viki has a True Rune.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

considering she can travel through space and time...id say there's a good chance that she bears a true rune
Pokerface

Post by Pokerface »

Well yes... I would love to have all those points I wrote there in my game :) I love long long RPGs stories which let me say after finishing them: Wow! That was awesome! I want to spend up to 200 hours on Suikoden 6. Leveling up, recruiting characters and all that. I hope Konami will give us a Suikoden Game which tops all games we played before.

Pokerface
Mess with the best, die like the rest!
http://www.suikoden3.de
Cuckooguy

Post by Cuckooguy »

My ideal Suikoden VI would take place in the Nagarea Theocracy. Perhaps at odds with Armes, or perhaps not. They should tie up the loose ends of Nether Gate in this installment.

Actually, this is how I want things to go:

1 - Toran
2 - Dunan
3 - Grasslands/Zexen
4 - Island Nations
5 - Falena
6 - Nagarea
7 - New Armes
8 - Southern part of Eastern Continent (maybe have a strong African Influence, Hauser should come from here)
9 - Northern part of Eastern Continent (strong Asian influence and to include Katana and Sanady [Zaj and Queen who come from Sanady look fairly Asian])
10 - Starts out in Kanakan but character gets to travel westward through some of former Kooluk till he gets to the landmass west of Toran, which would also include Black Dragon Isle.
11 - Gaien Dukedom/Zelant/some of Western Continent
12 - Southern part of Western Continent
13 - Western Tinto/Southern Grasslands/some Harmonia but minimal Zexen influence, make it revolve around the Flame Champion
14 - Nameless Lands
15 - Harmonia 1
16 - Harmonia 2
17 - Northern part of Western Continent, story to revolve around the Sindar.

How I think things should have gone if it weren't for Suikoden IV:

1 - Toran
2 - Dunan
3 - Grasslands
4 - Nameless Lands
5 - Harmonia 1
6 - Harmonia 2
7 - Queendom of Falena and close the book on the Sindar
And then they could do whatever the hell it is they want to do with the series from there.
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

Clayton_Y wrote: I REALLLLLY want some backstory between Windy, Leknaat, and Zerase....
Why would they be connected? Do they need to be? No.
Clayton_Y wrote:I also think it would be amazing to be able load your final 108 save from all previous 5 suikodens and have Leknaat summon them to your aid before the final battle, having an absolutely killer final party
Utter fanwank.
Pokerface wrote: My Ideal Suikoden Story wish? -the story of Pesmerga and Yuber
Le sigh. I wish people would stop asking for this.
Pokerface wrote:-we all know that Emperor Barbarossa took Windy with him by jumping from the castle's roof, BUT Are those 2 really dead? Front Gate and Souvereign Runes.... where are they now?
They're dead Jim. No need to follow up on this.
Pokerface wrote:-Lazlo en Kuldes survived the Rune of Punishment... so where is he now? We all know that bearers of true runes do not age anymore.
After the rubbish that was Suiko 4, I don't care what happened to him - and never want to see him in a game again.
Pokerface wrote:-Kyril. Well, after Suikoden Tactics, he travelled to Scarlet Moon Empire and then he disappeared.. What the heck happened to him?
Meh. Haven't played Tactics yet. Who says he survived?
Pokerface wrote:-The truth about Jeane and Viki. What are those 2 women? They seem to have true runes when we remember what we used to see. Jeane and Viki appeared in Suikoden 4 which happened to play 150 years before the other Suikoden parts.
They *don't* have true runes. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. I'm sure you'll get answers eventually. Quit being whiny.
Pokerface wrote:-What happened to McDohl and Gremio after Suikoden 2? Then the same for Nanami, Jowy and Riou.
They travelled, they got old, and they died. Now you don't need a game.
Pokerface wrote:-Of course I want to know what Georg Prime was doing after the Dunan unification war.
He got old and died.
Pokerface wrote:-Is Troy really dead?
Yes. Happy?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

nephlabobo wrote:Why would they be connected? Do they need to be? No.
Leknaat and Zerase know each other, so it's not a stretch to claim Windy and Zerase could also be connected. With their mysterious nature, it's not an illegitimate wish.
nephlabobo wrote:Utter fanwank.
Why even bother making statements that'll cause problems?
nephlabobo wrote:Le sigh. I wish people would stop asking for this.
Pesmerga and Yuber, despite being hounded by rabid fanboys, will probably play important roles in the future, so why not?
nephlabobo wrote:They're dead Jim. No need to follow up on this.
They are officially MIA.
nephlabobo wrote:After the rubbish that was Suiko 4, I don't care what happened to him - and never want to see him in a game again.
True Runes, and by extension their bearers, are bound to play important roles in the future.
nephlabobo wrote:Meh. Haven't played Tactics yet. Who says he survived?
The game says he survived.
nephlabobo wrote:They *don't* have true runes. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. I'm sure you'll get answers eventually. Quit being whiny.
Konami has said nothing either way about Viki.
nephlabobo wrote:They traveled, they got old, and they died. Now you don't need a game.
That's highly debatable, especially with their runes.
nephlabobo wrote:He got old and died.
Georg Prime is not one to simply "get old and die." More than likely he will also play a role in Suikoden's future.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Falenan_descent

Post by Falenan_descent »

Georg Prime is not one to simply "get old and die". More than likely he will also play a role in Suikoden's future.
Yeah, I'd agree with that. I'd love to see him die heroically or something in the future. I think that'd be neat. And maybe a little ironic too depending on the circumstance. Lol.
Madame Zhang

Post by Madame Zhang »

I wouldn't mind one of the next Suikodens focusing on a major plotline in the series, and not just being a another game in the franchise. The whole Vicki/Jeane thing being prime on my list.
Cuckooguy

Post by Cuckooguy »

What I think Suikoden needs to do:

-Stop recycling the liberating aspect of war. The fact Suikoden 3 didn't adhere to this was one of it's stronger points.
-Use Rhapsodia's skill system (which had the most successful skill system in Suikoden history)
-If it's going to be 3d, please use Suikoden 4's camera. The problem with the bird eye's camera is that it seems like a cheap attempt to appease the Suikoden 1+2 fans, but the thing is those fans aren't going to be appeased anyway if it's not 2d.
-Bring back Suikoden 3's battle system and improve it. I think there's some untapped potential here. I though Suikoden 3's battle system was pretty weak, but I also thought Suikoden 1's battle system was weak but was polished quite nicely in 2. I think the same can be done with 3's.

Then there's the obvious stuff, like shed more light on existing characters or existing true runes.
Kranach

Post by Kranach »

suikoden tactics has a nice graphics...
they always create a new war system so nothing there.
suikoden v formation with a little adjustment.
if it has a lot of true runes they can use the trinity system again.
bring back all the command, magic status runes from 1-5...
i hate it when a rune is missing...
no ressurection in suikoden 3!!!
stop with the rune pieces... they are rare already!!!
bring back the rune embed in suikoden 2...
storage system of suikoden 1... unlimited storage...
more recipes for chef like suikoden 2...
play like nadir... this time i hope you can choose all 108...
bath like 1 & 2 with special effects with certain items...
skill system from 3... but i like 5 to... haven't plyed tactics.
i hate the pairing in suikoden 3!!! but the mounting was good...(man ayumi+watari dungeon monsters, ayumi+landis boss but you need to rearrenge the formation because of the damn pairing system...
money in 5... you have 99,999,999 potch!!!
skill share like 5...
silver armor set!!! love them in suikoden 2 but got weaker and weaker... :cry:
blood armor set!!! man you will be a god!!! plus fury/double strike/boost rage or thunder in weapon :D
treasure hunting...
more monsters...
more races...
more dungeons...
longer story plot...
more dramatic...
Suikoden I - Fuma/Kage/Kasumi
Suikoden II - Mondo/sasuke/Kasumi
Suikoden III - Landis/Watari/Ayame
Suikoden IV - Akaghi/Mizuki/Kate
Suikoden V - Shigure/Sagiri/Raven