Official name?

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
gradeAbra

Official name?

Post by gradeAbra »

Well does anyone know the official name for the castle in Suikoden 1 and 2?

Thanks
WichitaQ

Post by WichitaQ »

Well, the official castle name for S1 castle is Tora castle, but I'm not sure about the S2 castle name.
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

S1 = Toran Castle

S2 = Phoenix Castle

There's a thread somewhere with the official info for all castles, heroes, and armies.
"C'mon, Jeane! The ugly stick had its way with you! Admiiiiiiiiiit it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Technically, there aren't any official names. These names were given to them in the novelization and are not endorsed or recognized or anything by Konami.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

Is Phoenix castle by novelization?

Thanks
mpieco

Post by mpieco »

Phoenix Castle, really? Wow, I've never heard of that before. Could you point me in the direction where it says that? I just want to see for myself. Thanks.
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=8510

This is the thread already in place for the discussion of the "official" names of all the heroes, castles, and armies. As mentioned, according to Konami, none of them are official, and there is nothing truly official. However, these are as official as we get, being the names in the officially sanctioned manga.
"C'mon, Jeane! The ugly stick had its way with you! Admiiiiiiiiiit it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"
RonnieBell

Post by RonnieBell »

What I'd like to know is how you guys even came up with the castle name for S2 because not a single one of you all, even those who mention it in the thread watermoon posted above say ANYTHING about how they know it's "Phoenix" castle. They don't mention it being in the novel or anything. It's like it came out of thin air. As far as I'm concerned it's Dunan castle, the same as the damn army and country name. It's founded upon Dunan Lake just like Toran Lake/Tora Castle, so it's Dunan Castle. This is incredibly frustrating, sorry for sounding like an ass. :x