Official Hero/Castle/Army Names?

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
Jack of All Trades

Official Hero/Castle/Army Names?

Post by Jack of All Trades »

I'm not really sure where to post this but I'm about to play through all the games sequentially, data uploads and all, what are the official (manga/novel) names for everything in ALL of the games? By the way, Do you have to name anything something different than what it is to establish the correct country, for example I played through s2 once and read that the Army was called the Alliance Army (I think I was wrong but my point still stands) only to end up with "The Nation of Alliance", let me tell you, that one was frustrating.

Just to be clear, I'll give you an example.

In s1 the hero's name is Tir, and his Castle is Toran.

ps I'll be a happy man if the Army from s5 is called the Feitas Army (if not I'll just start a new game +.
kharaa

Post by kharaa »

Suikoden 1 is as you mentioned, Tir, and the Toran Army

Suikoden 2, the main hero's name is Riou, and the army name i think is Dunan(I could be 100 percent wrong here though)

Suikoden 3 i havn't played in a longgggg time so i'm not sure

Suikoden 4 the hero's name is Lazlo, not sure of the army name.

Suikoden 5 is Freyjadour(and incase you can't pronounce that.. it's Fray-ya-door), and the army is.. feitas works i guess i'm really not sure to be honest.

I typically name all my armies after the Toran army. it could be the Ceras Lake army too. or Rebel army.. not sure.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

The army name may be derived from the name of the war which is Island Liberation War or something of that matter, just speculating a little bit, but not exactly sure what the army name would be.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
sunstar25

Post by sunstar25 »

Not 100% sure but it's a start

S1:

Hero: Tir
Army: Liberation
Castle: Toran

S2:
Hero: Riou
Army: Dunan
Castle: Phoenix

S3:
Hero: Flame Champion's name unknown
Army: Fire Bringer
Castle: Budehuc

S4:
Hero: Lazlo
Army: Crusaders
Castle (ship): Dauntless

S5:
Hero: Freyjadour
Army: Royalist
Castle: Dawn
SuperMac

Post by SuperMac »

I've always believed the S2 castle would be Dunan Castle, after the lake, (like Toran Castle and Toran Lake), but I don't think there's ever really been a confirmed castle name, so I guess it's just an educated guess at best......or, well, did the Old Book in S2 about the first game actually say Toran Castle? I'll have to go check that...

Yeah, it did say Toran Castle...well, it said Tora, but that's just a typo. Considering the recurring themes Suikoden tends to have, I'd say it's a good chance the second castle is also named for it's lake, Dunan.
Ralphy Leone Tensei

Post by Ralphy Leone Tensei »

I've read in Wikipedia that the Prince's army in Suikoden 5 was the Falenan Liberation Army.
soonket

Post by soonket »

suikoden 5 hero= faroush
castle duno
army = loyalist
Yuber: I look better in black armor and you know it! Why do you make me look like Michael Jackson instead ?!
Leebot

Post by Leebot »

soonket wrote:suikoden 5 hero= faroush
castle duno
army = loyalist
"Faroush" isn't the commonly accepted "official" name, actually. As the story goes, that name was simply the one seen in a game previewed by Konami (or something). In the novel, which is where we take most of the officials, his name is Freyjadour.
SheenaTheWomanizer

Post by SheenaTheWomanizer »

Freyjadour is the worst name ever.... makes Lazlo look like a good name....
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Welcome to the site!

Thanks for the comments but there are threads specifically designed for comments and opinions (see each gameplay topic there's a stickie), the remainder of the threads are more for asking answering questions than making comments that don't further the discussion.
Jack of All Trades

Post by Jack of All Trades »

Where does the name for Phoenix Castle come from? Is it official? I heard that the Army in II was officially called the new alliance army, obviously you can't name your army this "in-game" Is this what the novel uses? I've read that most people go with Dunan army?

How about Loyalist/Royalist Army is that official, and which one is correct? I've also read something about the army name being something like morning sun or rising sun army?

Does anybody know any of this stuff for fact?
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

The army's name in Suikoden 2 is Dunan, seeing as how it's the name of the country that spawns from the end of the Dunan Unification War (Suikoden 3 has it as *Army Name* Unification War, and I believe Shu refers to the name of the new country as your army's name near the end of the game, too)
Formerly known as: Gothann
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

LanceHeart wrote:The army's name in Suikoden 2 is Dunan, seeing as how it's the name of the country that spawns from the end of the Dunan Unification War
The army is called the Alliance Army, the castle Alliance Army HQ / North Window and the country is Dunan per the novels.

And yeah, that means you can't use them without messing something up and that's exactly why the novels use them.
RonnieBell

Post by RonnieBell »

Ok...well I just read all the posts here and I'm still kinda confused. Some of you say that S2 castle name should be Phoenix. Yet the other half says Dunan. I just restarted a S2 file that had 80+ hours on it because I accidently faced Lester in those cook-offs before doing the McDohl Side Quest. And I have 40+ hours on this new save that I have and I named the Army and the Castle name, Dunan. The last thing I wanna do is restart to rename the castle :( Is it actually Phoenix? Or is it actually referred to as Dunan Castle??
SheenaTheWomanizer

Post by SheenaTheWomanizer »

Well if you are going for a good save file for Suikoden 3 then name The army Dunan so the country name will cary over on the save. I don't think it really matters what you name your castle though. But you do get a special scean if you name your castle in 3 the same as the one in 2 I think.