Earning money fast

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Is Gaspar really that reliable in obtaining money? I guess I was just traumatized by Shilo and Tai Ho in Suikoden II (I played II before I) so I never gave it a shot.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Gasper is your best bet if you want to make money without a fight. You can easily make a ton of money off him in a single session because he doubles your winnings every time. I usually go to Shasarazade because I'm levelling up people at the same time.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Michael Easton

Post by Michael Easton »

highwind44029 wrote:Is Gaspar really that reliable in obtaining money? I guess I was just traumatized by Shilo and Tai Ho in Suikoden II (I played II before I) so I never gave it a shot.
Speaking from personal experience I'd say that Gaspar is quite reliable, moreso than Tai-Ho and Shilo in Suikoden 2. If you manage to hit a lucky streak against Gaspar (which is quite often) you can earn oodles of cash very quickly.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

weird, marco have different patterns on mine. like on the beginning, I go play with marco on the cup game. Just Tir and Ted. The pattern for me is left left middle left right left right left left right right left. Thats when I stop. I get max money on the beginning. It takes me about 30 min. That casper guy would of made me rich faster though if he was there. I mean gasper. I bet 1000 until I get 10 000. Then I save. Then I start doin my stuff. I start over twice already and the pattern is still the same. every time I play wit marco, I make 120 000 so it was great. :D
Nick Bruiser
Toon Maha Vailo

Post by Toon Maha Vailo »

The best way I made lots, and I mean lots, of money is the dice and pot game in Rockland. I found after a while that the dice always come out sequentially so I noted which pot it was in turn by turn for around 20 turns and eventually made lots of money.
Hachifusa

Post by Hachifusa »

Chris_Lightfellow wrote:
Personally, I found Shasarazade(sp?) to be the best. After about 10 or so battles I was into the hundred thousands.
Yes indeed, fastest way to earn money, WORD! Then u can easily get many char to have the best armor as an example.
oops

Post by oops »

I just save the game, use Gaspar till i get to max potch. If I lose then I restart. It don't take long
Scotts

Re: Earning money fast

Post by Scotts »

Gaspar is your best bet for money, jus a few minutes ago i needed money from him, and i bet 9900 and kept doing the double or nothing thing. Luckily for anyone it takes like 5 games for max money and luckily for me he got 3 Storms and a 1-2-3 and i was maxed (Already had like 400 k bits) All of that, on his very first role. Lol, Anyway the wind blows the dice rolls or whatever Tai Ho says.
borjitasstoi

Post by borjitasstoi »

my record of benefits its around 50 quadrilion (using calculador for take reference point)
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

borjitasstoi wrote:my record of benefits its around 50 quadrilion (using calculador for take reference point)

But the counter stops at 999999.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

And you'd have to fill it over 50 billion times to total 50 quadrillion. Basically, it's impossible for a human to do in a lifetime unless you plan on living about 1,600 years, and even then you'd have to fill it and empty it about once a second.
borjitasstoi

Post by borjitasstoi »

Pyriel wrote:And you'd have to fill it over 50 billion times to total 50 quadrillion. Basically, it's impossible for a human to do in a lifetime unless you plan on living about 1,600 years, and even then you'd have to fill it and empty it about once a second.
hmm storms and 3 4 5 its not equal x2 and x3 your bet?
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

I don't know what you mean by that. All I said was that given a bucket that can hold 999,999 bits, you'd have to fill it and empty once a second for about 1,600 years to make a total of 50 quadrillion. If you set 50 quadrillion as a goal, doubling and tripling your 9,900 bet doesn't mean a whole lot, and doubling or tripling your 999,999 bits wouldn't mean much against a number that big. Now if you could continue doubling or tripling forever, and the variables for bits and bets were 64-bit numbers without an arbitrary cap, you could maybe hit 50 quadrillion with some luck in an afternoon. You'd be letting it ride on some foolishly large bets, but it'd be possible that way. You'd might as well say the hypothetical limit is infinity, or at least the 9 quintillion+(signed) or 18 quintillion+(unsigned) before overflowing the variable, though.