[FAQ] When is the PSP version I+II coming? (no US release)

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
KarayanWarriorHugo

[FAQ] When is the PSP version I+II coming? (no US release)

Post by KarayanWarriorHugo »

Does anyone know of the English release of Genso Suikoden I and II for PSP in the US? Many fans have been eagerly awaiting for this game such as myself, but when is the exact date? Are they even planning on doing so?
"There is a thing called flow in this world. There is a thing called timing in warfare. If we lose this opportunity, we will never defeat the Empire!" - Mathiu Silverburg
Iris

Post by Iris »

It's not coming over here.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Konami has not made any announcements to release it abroad; by now there seems to be little to no chance of it happening. However, somebody's come up with a way of playing PSX games with the PSP...
lucreborn

Post by lucreborn »

Or if you feel real dangerous learn some katakana and hirigana and buy the import might need some kanji to as i still have trouble translating some of the stuff on it. But i dont really bother as i played the games so much i just speed through everything.
"I've always been alone, ever since I was born." ~luc suikoden 3~
KarayanWarriorHugo

Post by KarayanWarriorHugo »

Hey, thanks for the information... although I still fail to understand why Konami won't release the game for PSP...
"There is a thing called flow in this world. There is a thing called timing in warfare. If we lose this opportunity, we will never defeat the Empire!" - Mathiu Silverburg
Yasagani Kuje

Post by Yasagani Kuje »

Greetings Hugo. The game is actually released, just not the english version. Personally I feel left out, sorta.

If you wish to know more about playing PSX games on your PSP I could possibly help you. I have recently finished Suikoden 1 on my PSP which also prompted me to come here. It works perfectly :D

There are certain risks involved but they are minor. I too am waiting for the PSP remakes to become available in English because I can't really read Japanese and I'd like to replay them.

I could also tell you that there's going to be a Final Fantasy 1&2: Dawn of Souls remake for the PSP :)

Feel free to contact me.
JanusThePaladin

Re: When is the PSP release... (US: no release planned)

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I'd like to know how. If its relatively easy, then i'll be purchasing a psp at my earliest convinience...
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

go to the gamefaqs PSP hardware board or just search on the net for information about playing PSX games on the PSP. it really needn't be discussed here.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

good news, Suikoden will be released on the PlayStation Store for PSP and PS3.
http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... f=8&t=9849
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

It has been awhile since I been here. It is good to be back. But onto the topic at hand, is it both I & II? Either way that is great news. Now I have hear a rumor(calling it one because I have no way to confirm it) now don't bite my head off. But some person at another forum(konami-data to be exact) was posting a website, a German I assume. That according to him had the PSP version of I & II set to be release in Europe on December of this year. Anyone can confirm or deny this? Hopefully not like BoF3.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
putu_138

Re: When is the PSP version I+II coming? (US-no release planned)

Post by putu_138 »

I think konami won't release fer the US version..
Konami don't take suikoden seriously, don't they realize how much Suikoden's fans all over the world..
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

putu_138 wrote:I think konami won't release fer the US version..
Konami don't take suikoden seriously, don't they realize how much Suikoden's fans all over the world..
hmm... I think that way too but.. not sure.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

don't they realize how much Suikoden's fans all over the world..
Quite obviously they are the only ones that actually know, being the ones that make the money on the games sales if any. In this case they have logically concluded that bringing the game over won't yield any profit.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Celes
Global Admin

Re: [FAQ] When is the PSP version I+II coming? (no US release)

Post by Celes »

Old news. Topic released.