[True Rune] Possibility

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Welcome to Suikosource. You're treading close to posting fan fiction. Let's try and base our ideas on information contained in the game and not flights of literary fancy. Thanks.
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

The people’s ideas repeat in this thread. The most common ideas are: Rune of knowledge(memory, thoughts), music, fate(time) and illusion. I think konami will at least use something similar to then.
1) the Time Rune

A rune that oversees the establishment and flow of time, past, present and future, etc. As has been said time is a very important aspect of the universe and it makes alot of sense for a rune of this kind to exist. However as has also bee mentioned the other runes touch on time somewhat (the whole agelessness thing) so perhaps the aspect of time is diluted among all the runes instead of just one. Besides this rune might give the wearer the ability to travel through time so if it exists it will most likely be on an NPC (like Laknaat and the Gate Rune) and not the main character.
I find a rune of time to be a good idea, it´s a good way to bring together different events that happened in distant time lines in the same game.

You can have a hero with this true rune, it´s just harder to do the plot for it. There are great movies about time traveling, like "the day who repeats over", "avoid the dark future" or "change the past and stuff is always worse". Still... it is difficult to see this in a game.
hotspot

Post by hotspot »

how about a special ability true rune, it would answer the where do the ability runes come from.

how about some sort of metal rune where it controls metal or maybe a chemical rune? maybe there is a rune that is the rune of nature ,like trees attack or leafs that are razor sharp?
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

Time is definitely an element of the universe. I think Viki is the right person to end up with it if it becomes a True Rune.

On a totally different matter...
I have a question, what came out first, X-men 3 or Suikoden 5?
Strategy is the key to victory!
eternal_sins

Post by eternal_sins »

I happen to came upon this topic which i think is very interesting...
It seem like everyone is thinking hard...seems to...

So i decided to came up with somthing too.

Here...

Rune Of Empathy

A rune govern pitiness and corruption though i don't really know...
This rune is most suitable for people with kind heart and honest...
A character with that character
is most worthy for the rune...
But if one suddenly change his heart,this rune will corrupt together
with the bearer mind and heart

Overcoming the Rune Corruption

Of course, not to mention that this game is mostly about the 108 SoD,
The overcome the rune, the SoD must lend their will to the bearer
so that the bearer can overcome his heart and mind thus making the rune
revert to it old self again...

Why Will the Empire need this Rune?

As mention earlier, once the rune become corrupt, it will have a
devastating power. Since the empire is evil which i will say corruted,
of course the rune will be corrupted too. When the rune release the hidden
power, it will be end of the world! Just kidding. I don't think much when
thinking of this rune...
All i know is that. it will be devastating...

The good side of Empathy

It does not only have 'bad' hidden power...
Since it is called Empathy, of course it a good sign....
Its 'good' hidden power is...hmm
Hold the power of Ultimate Bliss...awww
Hidden Heaven power is within this rune...

This whole idea is fine to me but im not really sure...
empathy....empathy...hmmm :?
Memori cinta berbunga
Pun menghinggap di ingatan
Seperti sang merpati di dahan
Puas sudah ku berusha
Ku melupakan segalanya
Namun senyum mu masih... ada...

-Merpati

Sang By: Hady Mirza
Winner Of Singapore Idol 2
www.hady-mirza.com
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

eternal_sins wrote:I happen to came upon this topic which i think is very interesting...
happened to come across it??? i told you of it cos you created a duplicate topic!!!!
eternal_sins

Post by eternal_sins »

I'm sorry but...
I don't know what you are talking about...
Well, this use to be my bro account but he gave this account to me...
So, it is consider that i'm still new here...
Memori cinta berbunga
Puas sudah ku berusha
Ku melupakan segalanya

-Merpati

www.hady-mirza.com
Persmerga

Post by Persmerga »

Where do you find that?
Rune Of Empathy

A rune govern pitiness and corruption though i don't really know...
This rune is most suitable for people with kind heart and honest...
A character with that character
is most worthy for the rune...
But if one suddenly change his heart,this rune will corrupt together
with the bearer mind and heart

Overcoming the Rune Corruption

Of course, not to mention that this game is mostly about the 108 SoD,
The overcome the rune, the SoD must lend their will to the bearer
so that the bearer can overcome his heart and mind thus making the rune
revert to it old self again...

Why Will the Empire need this Rune?

As mention earlier, once the rune become corrupt, it will have a
devastating power. Since the empire is evil which i will say corruted,
of course the rune will be corrupted too. When the rune release the hidden
power, it will be end of the world! Just kidding. I don't think much when
thinking of this rune...
All i know is that. it will be devastating...

The good side of Empathy

It does not only have 'bad' hidden power...
Since it is called Empathy, of course it a good sign....
Its 'good' hidden power is...hmm
Hold the power of Ultimate Bliss...awww
Hidden Heaven power is within this rune...
It sounds pretty cool but i think they'll come up with a darker rune or more powerful True Rune but the whole Empathy idea was pretty well thought up.
Some hooligan keeps disconnecting the alarm. I told Security to look into it. But no, no, they'd rather catch the guy who's stealing organs from the transplant ward!!
eternal_sins

Post by eternal_sins »

Really...
I thought the whole idea look kind of plain because,
i wasn't thinking much when i came up with this rune...
Since you say it is good,
I will take it as a thumb up sign..
Memori cinta berbunga
Puas sudah ku berusha
Ku melupakan segalanya

-Merpati

www.hady-mirza.com
Persmerga

Post by Persmerga »

Well it shows a creative side to you so yeah take praise as you get it but i thought it was good and a fairly original idea.
Some hooligan keeps disconnecting the alarm. I told Security to look into it. But no, no, they'd rather catch the guy who's stealing organs from the transplant ward!!
eternal_sins

Post by eternal_sins »

Hmm...I thought of a rune...

Rune of Wisdom
It not exactly real power but this rune allow the ability to use your
knowledge and experience of life to make good decision and give
good advice.

Why Wisdom...
I know people post rune such as knowledge but people always thought of
a rune for the Tenkai. To put it simple, who know the future suikoden will
have some differences such as, your strategist have rune rune too!
Example, Lucretia hold this rune, rune of wisdom this able her to have more
special knowledge and sort of make her wiser...and IF could happen, it might
have a power too like other true rune...

Other Possibility...
IF konami WERE to make such rune, it doesn't mean it HAS to be true rune.
They could also make this as an effect rune such as enchancing character
magic or magic defense or even luck.

If it were a True Rune...
Why the empire need it? simple....
as this rune hold many knowledge and wisdom, empire need this so that
they can plan their future!! their evil future!!! :twisted:

That it....rather cool if you ask me.... :P
Memori cinta berbunga
Puas sudah ku berusha
Ku melupakan segalanya

-Merpati

www.hady-mirza.com
Persmerga

Post by Persmerga »

I'd say it was good but not to be used as a True Rune buut would be good as a rune that only a certain character has like Viki's blinking rune.

Keep the idea's coming though it's creative and it's always good to see what people think of your creativness.
i_like_pie

Post by i_like_pie »

-The rune of might-
It represents wrath and power and gives the bearer incredible physicle strength and indurence

-The astral rune-
Represents the soul and destiny of everyone and gives the bearer powers over the stars and gives the bearer the ability to see into the future but unlike other true runes the bearer can willingly see into the future, but this takes a lot of energy and the user could pass out after using it for too long
Last edited by i_like_pie on Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................pie....
i_like_pie

Post by i_like_pie »

The plot to the above 2 runes can be that your character is the son of Pilika and you come from Harmonia. He joins the military and is sent on his first mission with his friends to follow a lead on the wearabouts of a true rune under command of a rune hunter for Harmonia named Ramsus who has one of those crystals to keep true runes in like in Suikoden 3. The true rune is the Astral rune and when they finaly found it Ramsus turns on the group and tries to kill the Hero and his friends so he can take the rune for himself.

You and your party fight a losing battle against him but just as he tries to take the rune the rune chooses Hero as the bearer and goes to him. To save him the Hero activates the runes power and causes an avelanche. Ramsus escapes and Hero and party gets trapped inside. Ramsus takes the ship back to Harmonia and leaves the party behind at the place where the game will take place.

When Ramsus gets to Harmonia he tells bishop Sasarai that the Hero and his party took the rune for themselves and tried to kill Ramsus (obviously lieing). Hero and his friends are now labelled "criminals" in Harmonia and when Pilika (Hero's mother) hears this she decides to leave Harmonia to look for Hero and refuses to believe he is a criminal.

While Hero was being persued by Harmonia he makes some allies who helpshim escape to an island with an abandoned castle that later becomes the HQ. During this Ramsus follows another lead to a rune with a new group. He finds the Rune of might and with his newly attained power he effortlessly kills the rest of his group.

When Ramsus returns to Harmonia he hides his rune and tells the bishop that Hero and his group ambushed him and his party and killed the party and took the rune of might aswel. He requests to lead an army to find Hero so he can avenge his fallen allies (this being just a sob story to get millitary assistence). His request gets accepted and he goes after Hero.

On his way Ramsus comes across the Dragon King sword(Soviern rune). Knowing that this is a true rune he lies to his army and says the sword belonged to a close friend and he wants to take the sword for himself in memory of his friend. Now with 2 true runes he seems unstopable. He has great strength and indurencewith the Rune of might and cant be attacked with magic with the Dragon King sword but he wanted more.

He later seeks help from Yuber and Crowly(hes a villain now) and with Yubers knowlage of the Blue moon rune that Neclord had when they worked together he leads Ramsus to the Blue moon village where he overpowers Sierra with his Dragon King sword and Rune of might and with Crowly's help he finds a way to put 2 true runes on his body and with the Blue moon rune he transforms into a vampire making him even more unstopable since he cant die except with Star Dragon sword. With his new rune he turns his army into vampires.

With his new vampire army he goes in search of Hero and expands his vampire army along the way with whoever gets in his way. Hero gets the help of the surrounding countries and armies and forms his own army and becomes leader with the island castle as his HQ. He reqruits Edge and a guy named Vance Marley (Kahns son) who helps a lot in defeating the vampires until they come face-to-face with Yuper. Hero, Edge and his the rest of the party (you pick the rest of the party) fights a losing battle and Yuber takes the Star Dragon sword and also tries to take the Astral rune.

As Yuber tries to take the rune it shows Yuber a vision of the future (you dont see the vision but it shows how Yuber dies at the hands of Pesmerga). A shocked Yuber then decides to leave with just the Star Dragon sword. Ramsus with the Star Dragon sword now has no weaknesses but now more than ever wants the Astral rune to see into the future to see if he will ever die.

Somehow you stop him in a final battle where you fight him in a battle (hes a vampire with 2 swords, HOW AWESOME) and after that he transforms into a giant, super strong bat monster with 2 swords. He will be like the Beast rune in Suikoden 2 with a lot of parts to destroy. He will have the Dragon King sword that stops your magic, the Star dragon sword and the bat himself. The bat will be unstopable unless you destroy the Star Dragon sword wich will triger the Star Dragon sword to turn on him and stab him making him vulnerable to your attacks and then you attack him.

I thaught a lot about this lol
Last edited by i_like_pie on Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:20 am, edited 6 times in total.
i_like_pie

Post by i_like_pie »

I thaught of a few spells for the Astral rune but the Rune of might wont have any, it just gives incredible strength almost like the Fury rune so the Fury rune might have come from the Rune of might.

-Astral rune-

Shooting star - Heals one character and do the damage he had done to him before to one enemy
Meteor shower - Does 500 damage to all enemies
Morning star - Heals entire party 100% and revives KO'd party members with 50% health
Stars of destiny - Heals party by 100% (except KO'd) and does a total of 3000 damage devided equally amongst enemies

(Final attack can only be achieved by recruiting all 108 stars of destiny)