[Guide] List of MISSABLE characters

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Yes.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
cutpurse

Post by cutpurse »

Lu is absolutely a missable character. I tried recruiting her before the battle at stormfist and she just doesn't show up. Orboro can't investigate her either. 50 hours of my playthrough and she's the only one i miss. Great.

EDIT: I take it back. Right before the liberation of Stormfist, if you wait and just try and recruit her with ONLY sorensen in your party, she will appear again. WOO! :D
Nogard

Post by Nogard »

Might as well put Dongo on that list as well. I just recruited the 3 armes people in Yashuna and am putting off the liberation of stormfist because i cant recruit the bloody blacksmith. I've givin him two hammers and lvl'd up my characters weapons to max, and the last thing he said to me was his "Master" won't let him leave. I'm considering giving him the platnium hammer when i get it, but i'm going to be 107 stars if i can't ><;
Kuromimi
Elite Member

Post by Kuromimi »

Nogard: Isn't Dongo's master actually Wabon? Since you've already recruited Wabon by that point, Dongo has no master to speak with. Consider having Wabon in your group when trying to recruit him. Not sure if this will actually work, but it's a suggestion. =/
Snowe Man

Post by Snowe Man »

yeah...first play through i got 107 stars...forgot sairoh cause salt was never hot in the market....didnt know i couldnt recruit after the liberation of sol folena. bleh oh well. NG+
riont87

Post by riont87 »

Nogard wrote:Might as well put Dongo on that list as well. I just recruited the 3 armes people in Yashuna and am putting off the liberation of stormfist because i cant recruit the bloody blacksmith. I've givin him two hammers and lvl'd up my characters weapons to max, and the last thing he said to me was his "Master" won't let him leave. I'm considering giving him the platnium hammer when i get it, but i'm going to be 107 stars if i can't ><;
Me too...i'm looking for any guides there that can helpme recruit Dongo. Please please I hope he's not missable. :(

EDIT:
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
;_;
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

Haleth's hard to get.

I got none of the scenes, got bored and ransacked Stormfist. He ran away. Poo.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

for Dongo, some ppl got him with only the Silver Hammer and others said sharpening 1 wpn to lvl 12 didn't work immediately and that it might be based on number of times you've upgraded a weapon or how much mone you spent.

yeah there are actually time-sensitive secrets you need to do in this game to recruit everyone. explore explore explore
future_suikoden_writer

Post by future_suikoden_writer »

I have a lot of question to answer.hehe

1.the thread of murad
-rainwall
-raftfleet
-lordlake
-lelcar
-doraat
-stormfist?

2.Urda,Haswar and Isato are missable characters!
if u didn't get urda before the sol-falena liber.. you will lose the chance to recruit those characters..

3.Some characters are missable after the liberation of stormfist and the others are in the liberation of sol-falena..

4.how to recruit dongo.
first,get the copper hammer somewhere in lordlake and give it to dongo,well its not the real requirement but it has some tips from dongo. and when u get the silver hammer in sable?(am I right?) bring it to him and level up at least 1 character's weapon into level 12 and ask him to join you.

now,can i ask question?hehe..

is Chisato is a missable character??in my source she's not, but when i came to nirva island,ive watch her show and i left nirva and went back,,but i didn't rescue the kid...and after some stories have past, im still trying to recruit her with bernadette in my party and she's saying "im sorry prince,please come back some other time.Im sure your country needs you.." did i do something wrong?? hehe

If you have questions you can ask me
(well if it is legal in this forum)
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

future_suikoden_writer wrote: 2.Urda,Haswar and Isato are missable characters!
if you didn't get urda before the sol-falena liber.. you will lose the chance to recruit those characters..
If you read the very first post you would see that "missable" characters in this case means anyone who can be unavaliable for recruitment prior to reclaiming Stormfist. Stormfist is the cut off point for recruitment (in order to get the 108 stars ending anyway) with the exception of the Barrow's boy and Shoon.
Baks

Post by Baks »

Is Linfa a missable character? I think that you have to do all three meetings with her and get her recruited before the Queen's Campaign and not after it otherwise I don't think you will able to recruit her at all after the Queen's Campaign's events are over.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

future_suikoden_writer wrote:is Chisato is a missable character??in my source she's not, but when i came to nirva island,ive watch her show and i left nirva and went back,,but i didn't rescue the kid...and after some stories have past, im still trying to recruit her with bernadette in my party and she's saying "im sorry prince,please come back some other time.Im sure your country needs you.." did i do something wrong?? hehe
what do you mean you "didn't rescue the kid"?
MarkSee

Post by MarkSee »

I think Dongo is missable. I wasn't able to recruit him even after sharpening my weapon to lvl 16. I gave him every hammer, but I gave him the platinum hammer before the gold hammer, and also recruited Wabon first if that has anything to do with it?
That is all.
konz3n

Post by konz3n »

what the hell is wrong with Jeane? I saw her in Lelcar after the battle but when I talk to her, I just get the menu for runes. I have gone back and forth until the point just after Lym's coronation. I completed the SoD on my first playthrough but this time I don't know what's up.I need help.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

did you ever talk to the guard at the Big Hole?
I think Dongo is missable. I wasn't able to recruit him even after sharpening my weapon to lvl 16. I gave him every hammer, but I gave him the platinum hammer before the gold hammer, and also recruited Wabon first if that has anything to do with it?
Dongo is not missable. once the Dwarves join, you can take Wabon to Dongo.