Publications - Novels and Comics

Ask about, or share details for, various Suikoden collectables; such as cards, soundtracks and publications.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

Could this be the official Suikoden V manga?
幻想水滸伝V アンソロジーコミック ブロスコミックスEX
According to this post, an anthology is a fan work recognized/authorized by the main company(Konami in this case).

Overall, the Japanese fans are happy with this release.
snowydust

Post by snowydust »

it would be great if there is suikoden v manga which is similar to suikoden iii, cos v has a great and enriching story.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Quick question. How many volumes of the S3 manga are out in the USA?
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

So far 9 volumes have been released, I think, I only have up to 8. But Tokyo pop has up to 10 listed.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

9 so far, 10 come September.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
jjrrs

Post by jjrrs »

Hi, I hope this haven't been asked before but I was told the Gensosuikoden Konami Parody Comic Series manga was valuable because it's been out of print for a while and worth getting, can someone tell me a bit about it? Also for someone who don't understand much japanese can someone recommend some of the books from this category for me. Thanks
ascoth

Post by ascoth »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Nine are out currently, and ten is due out during September.
Hmm, here in the Philippines we cannot find a single copy of SuikoIII's Volume 9. I wonder why...

BTW the works of the cartoonist Aki Shimizu is impressive. I hope I can do that (and have the time to do so).
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

ascoth wrote:Hmm, here in the Philippines we cannot find a single copy of SuikoIII's Volume 9. I wonder why...
I wouldn't know.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nanashi

Post by Nanashi »

I have a copy of Volume 9 brought in CQ. I missed volume 7 and 8 still awaiting for new orders from Comic Quest.
Luc-sama

Post by Luc-sama »

幻想水滸伝V アンソロジーコミック 2 (コミック)
ASIN: 4757729073

Looks like the second suikoden 5 anthology comic will be released soon.
I'm looking forward it! :D
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

Suikoden V comic? Ooo, as long as it's Englishified.

Still, wanna get my mitts on the Suikoden III Manga. Damn bookstore and its damn running out of damned copies. Damn damn damn.
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

Just so you guys know, Tokyopop has given a date for the 11th volume of the suikoden III manga as 12.07.06. So by years end that one will finally be complete.

I just need to be patient and wait for the suiko V anthology. My kanji dictionary sure as hell gets the proper workout.
jjrrs

Post by jjrrs »

an anthology is a fan work recognized/authorized by the main company(Konami in this case).
I think it says on the book that the V anthology is done by the V main artist who designed about half the characters in the game isn't it? I guess I don't see any sort of konami endorsement anywhere on the book like the III manga though.

I'm surprised that there is a 2nd book coming out as I have not yet got my hands on the first one after numerous attempts. Not to say I know anything about how these publications work but isn't it gona be highly unlikely that this is a long enough series to be translated? I mean if the person who did the first and second book is the lead artist for the game wouldn't he/she have other games or more important things to design? and since he/she only did half of the characters anyways, why would they want this one person to do an entire manga series? plus konami is not backing it like the III manga...
Basel

Post by Basel »

The third comic anthology is on its way. It is going to be release on 2006/09/30 with ASIN# 4757729502: http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4757729502
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4840235716

What is this? Looks like some kind of novel.