Missing Stars!?!

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Siu Lofu

Missing Stars!?!

Post by Siu Lofu »

Alright, im about to head to the Dragon's Cave to talk with Joshua. I have recruited ever character that is possible up to this point, thus, i should have a lvl 4 castle, correct?

I went out of the castle, went back in, NO BANNER!

I checked my star list on the tablets to make sure i wasnt missing anyone...Oh, No. To my "utter distress!!!" the stars or Mathieu, Krin, Camille and, perhaps, one or two others i didnt notice are NOT FULL! As in, they have NO NAME under them...

OBVIOUSLY I have those characters at this point in the game...and they're NOT dead because nothing ever said anyone died in battle during my battles. Likewise, Mathiu, for one, CANNOT die and i see Camille and Krin walking around.

On top of that, *SPOILER* Gremio, who DID die is still under his star, however, his name is faded. That's the only difference. Viktor's name is no longer under his star because he has left at this point in the game, right after Neclord.

Does ANYONE have any idea...what is going on? I KNOW i have every character...and NO ONE died.

Im going crazy... :shock: :shock: :shock:
HELP PLEASE!
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

It means those characters not on the tablet are away from their normal locations and are instead involved in some event. Likely Mathiu is waiting for you in the great hall or something.

In Suikoden 1, this happens pretty often.

Anyhow, after you get done with the Dragon Knight event, make sure you visit kalekka. You can now recruit Leon Silverberg, and it's very easy to miss him. If you miss him by the time you attack Shasarazade, you won't be able to get him.
Siu Lofu

Post by Siu Lofu »

So, as a result of my being in the middle of an event, I am not able to, properly, upgrade my castle. I see...

Man, you saved my heart; i though either my game was glitched or an anomally turned my characters into drones...or SOMETHING crazy like that :wink:

Can i still recruit Leon/Pesmerga/Max/Clive/Etc AFTER ive seen Joshua? Or are they a "must get before Dragon Den"? Is there ANYTHING that i must do in order to recieve it after Neclord and percursor to Dragon Den?
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

You can get those characters after the Dragon's Den event, but what I was saying is that it is best to get them after the Dragon's Den event. Mainly because events after that tend to come right after each other and you can easily end up at Sahsarazade without some of them.
Siu Lofu

Post by Siu Lofu »

I did it!! Ack, i just editted 3 posts :D
Thanks guuuuuyzz whaha TIME FOR RESURRECTION!!
Goldmember

Post by Goldmember »

Do you have to recruit the characters in a certain order and by a certain event??

I always seem to miss out on some.
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

Not necesarilly. The only ones I can think of at the top of my head that have a strict order are the blacksmiths. I'm sure I'm forgetting some, though.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Soul Eater

Post by Soul Eater »

Say you need person A to get person B

Person A will always be someone you have to get in the storyline (Tai Ho), or is very easy to get in the storyline (Milich, if you don't kill him).

So person A (Tai Ho) is needed to get person B (Anji)
and so on with Milich and Kasios etc.

the only people who break this rune are the blacksmiths.

If you miss people out, and don't mind spoilers, look at a list of the 108 stars and if you see any names you don't recognise the have a look at how to get them in a walkthrough or something.
Goldmember

Post by Goldmember »

Well seeing as this is my 3rd playthrough spoilers wont be a problem.
I'll give the list a look.
IRISHANDPROUD

Manchester United Fan
Celtic Football Club Fan
Alastor

Post by Alastor »

Ced The Lad wrote:Not necesarilly. The only ones I can think of at the top of my head that have a strict order are the blacksmiths. I'm sure I'm forgetting some, though.
Damn blackshmites! Damn Viktor which refuse to leave my party. That ruined my 2nd or 3rd playing. :cry:
Koden

Post by Koden »

Alastor wrote:Damn blackshmites! Damn Viktor which refuse to leave my party. That ruined my 2nd or 3rd playing. :cry:
It messes me up, too. You have to find a really transistional time to get the last one (I forget which one that is, but I know it's not Mose...) because you have to have the other three in your party... Finding a time when people aren't set into your party is tough, sometimes.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

The night before the battle at Morovia is a good time. I usually just went to get him right after I talked to Taggart.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!