[FAQ] Point of no return

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
gradeAbra

[FAQ] Point of no return

Post by gradeAbra »

Well after i defeated Dolph can i return to the world map? And also is there a way to choose my party not from my 3 team for the end boss?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

End game spoilers.

Once the three teams come together at the end of the ruins on Asthwal Mountains, that's the point of no return.

Your final 10 must come from among the 18 members that you take to the final room, and no one else. The Prince and Lyon are mandatory members, and if you're on your first game, Georg and Zweig will not be available.
Basel

Post by Basel »

patapi wrote:End game spoilers.

The Prince and Lyon are mandatory members, and if you're on your first game, Georg and Zweig will not be available.
why is that? I have just finished my second playthrough with 106 SoD and I noticed that Georg was selectable unlike the first time :?.
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

It's the Lalacle conundrum all over again, albeit less severe. They want you to play New Game+ if you want to have access to Georg in the final battle.

Although I wonder if he'd really be that useful due to his low MDF. Unless we spam the True Men formation skill, that is.
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

I suspect that if people really wanted to use Georg for the final battle, they better have someone ready to make use of Earth magic or be prpared to need kindness drops/kindness rain every round.

Seriously though, since it is a virtually all magic battle, people like Richard or Belcoot who have at least average magic defense or even a tank like Galleon with a firefly and defending (takes care of the problems from the light and heat incarnations) is going to be much better than Georg.
Silver Dragon Flik

Post by Silver Dragon Flik »

I had Lance tank all attacks no problem from the final boss.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Zweig is also available, but he is not popular... nobody noticed, and if they did, they don't care :P

i'm surprised Lance and maybe the other dragon horses have some uses...
SuikoMJM

Post by SuikoMJM »

Spoilers galore!!! Then again, if you're reading this thread, you're asking to be spoiled, so the warning is kinda redundant. I'm going off of memory on minimal sleep, so I'll try my best with this one.

Well, I suppose it's worth mentioning in this thread that the last time, and perhaps the only time, the Prince gets to roam around by himself is after you overthrow Stormfist and Sialeeds liberates Rainwall (the latter not being required, but gives you more freedom to roam), but before you enter the guard room to start the war against Sol Falena.

It's kind of a point of no return in a sense.

Pros
-Lyon isn't following you around.
-Neither is Miakis.
-Georg is still available.
-Maximum party customability.
-Luserina is still in your castle, readily available to swap out party members.

Cons
-Dinn isn't available.
-Lyon isn't available.
-One of the Beavers aren't available (oh wait, cons! Sorry)
-Flame Array Chains and Windspun Armor can only be bought in Sol Felana (Flame Array Chains can be found off of Blue Salamanders on the world maps)

If you decide to move onto Sol Falena, afterward Lyon will force her way into your party, as will Zweig. Can't quite recall, but I think somebody else as well. You either lose Georg right away, or very soon. Luserina plants her butt outside of the thrown room in Sol Falena's castle, making swapping party members an absolute b... pain. To avoid this, just stay out of the guard room until you're ready.

I'm sure I'm missing something, but I covered the bulk of it. Probably common knowledge and not what the thread starter is looking for, but it has a place here.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the Sol Falena thing is just to get you to the final dungeon, where you can just go to the 3-party point and head out. Then Luserina will be at HQ, all characters will be available, and Lyon is permanent but can be moved to Entourage.
Xaiphong

Post by Xaiphong »

KFCrispy wrote:the Sol Falena thing is just to get you to the final dungeon, where you can just go to the 3-party point and head out. Then Luserina will be at HQ, all characters will be available, and Lyon is permanent but can be moved to Entourage.
Wait, what? There is a place in the final dungeon where you can leave back to the world map and your castle and still have access to Georg and Luserina will be back at your castle?? After I got to the 3-party point, I couldnt leave because Luserina would be standing at the door blocking the exit to outside.
RPG Seeker

Post by RPG Seeker »

Xaiphong wrote: Wait, what? There is a place in the final dungeon where you can leave back to the world map and your castle and still have access to Georg and Luserina will be back at your castle?? After I got to the 3-party point, I couldnt leave because Luserina would be standing at the door blocking the exit to outside.
After choosing members for each party, simply tell Luserina that you wish to leave the ruins. She'll then return to the HQ.
Xaiphong

Post by Xaiphong »

After choosing members for each party, simply tell Luserina that you wish to leave the ruins. She'll then return to the HQ.
Ahhh. Yeah... I guess I probly should have spoke to her instead of just assuming she was an Immovable Object. lol
Iesous

Re: [FAQ] Point of no return

Post by Iesous »

I would just like to note that you can leave after you have fought the three sub-bosses. However, when you leave the ruins, the two final gates in front of Zweig/Georg and Frey will reset and you will have to fight all three bosses again. I didn't see this posted anywhere. Also, I found it interesting that these bosses infinitely respawn.