Eresh or Euram???

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Mystil

Post by Mystil »

I didn't use her or level up her so I assume she had good slot space. From what you say(about the rune slot) she sucks. Bah, I was going to abuse her ma-err use her in my next game in the place of Jeane.
Rune of Punishment.
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

Don't take her lightly. She can be just as strong as Jeane.

I simply used ME as her open rune to have the rune in play. Give her a Thunder/Rage rune and she'll lay waste to the infidels :wink:

Also, she comes with a rune that can heal/revive, so you don't really need Flowing after that. And with the 4 level four slots, she can keep the party well healed (Scream is level four).

Of course, i'm biased as I wanted a character that knew Jeane, and I like mages. :wink:
We are free to severe the chains of Fate that bind us...Yet this, too, may be our Destiny.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Komataguri wrote:am I the only one who wanted to get Euram?
You can breathe a sigh of relief, because I am with you on that.

All I have to say is DAMNYOUKONAMIFORMAKINGUSCHOOSEBETWEENERESHANDEURAM. I think I'll get Euram though. You already have mages anyway, and I think I'll lean on physical fighters more anyway.
Mystil

Post by Mystil »

Seraph wrote:Don't take her lightly. She can be just as strong as Jeane.

I simply used ME as her open rune to have the rune in play. Give her a Thunder/Rage rune and she'll lay waste to the infidels :wink:

Also, she comes with a rune that can heal/revive, so you don't really need Flowing after that. And with the 4 level four slots, she can keep the party well healed (Scream is level four).

Of course, i'm biased as I wanted a character that knew Jeane, and I like mages. :wink:
Ooo fellow Runeburner what's up? >=D

FOUR level 4 rune slots??!! Whoa what level you had her at?? 70? lol That's NUTS.

Anyway, I'm going to be replaying this game a lot and I will keep getting Eresh because one trek through those ruins was enough to make me wanna come back for more. Mysterious Ruins > Rainwall.
Rune of Punishment.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

highwind44029 wrote:
Komataguri wrote:am I the only one who wanted to get Euram?
You can breathe a sigh of relief, because I am with you on that.

All I have to say is DAMNYOUKONAMIFORMAKINGUSCHOOSEBETWEENERESHANDEURAM. I think I'll get Euram though. You already have mages anyway, and I think I'll lean on physical fighters more anyway.

Eurams story is so much more...moving, than just picking up some weird woman in a tunnel :?
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

Greetings, Mystil, burner of Rune magic! :D

Let's see, My Jeane, Zerase, and Eresh had 4 level fours in the mid-60's.

I never got higher than 68ish on any character. Guess I rushed. With any mage, all it takes is setup to make them MP masters. Make sure their equipment is based on added magic, not defense. And forget about the Magic Epics. Just use the highest level magic skill. At least that's what I did, and the girls got the 4 fours somewhere in the mid/late 60's.

Also, does anyone remember Eresh's elemental affinities? I remember being impressed with her A's, but can't remember why. I'm almost back to where I get her, so I'll post when I find out.

Edit: Just got her back. She has an A in Holy magic, as well as ALL five elements! Only Levi has something similar, the only difference being dark instead of holy for him. Man, I luv Eresh.
We are free to severe the chains of Fate that bind us...Yet this, too, may be our Destiny.
Aeris Razorblade

Re: Eresh or Euram???

Post by Aeris Razorblade »

Well... I have a question!!!! .__. Now I'm playing my 3rd time with GS5. It is not a New Game+, so I don't have all the things in Eresh' dungeon. But I wanted to get Euram, because I have already 3 good PURE mages here, and I simply like Euram...
I know that if you want you can simply go, find Eresh, play her sub-plot, but go out before fighting the dungeon boss, so you can have the rare items of the dungeon AND Euram.
But my question is: if I do so, can I turn back there and defeat the boss?
I don't remember if Eresh-not-recruited can come with me out of the dungeon. If it is so, I can go out, take Eresh with me, go and take Euram, then go back in the dungeon. And Eresh, after that, will simply leave.
If not, that means she just disappear and I can't return there anymore... (i also lose a good place for level up in this case)
Anyone knows if I can complete the quest in this case?
Sorry for the english guys :3 [Proud Italian Suikoden and Suikosource fan! ^_^]
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

Ok, this thread has been dead a while, but let me address that last question by Aeris. If I remember correctly (and I can have an updated answer for you soon, currently playing SV and just finished up Sable, so approaching this point), she will not leave the dungeon with you. Also, once you recruit Euram, that dungeon is forever closed to you.

As such, for a standard play through (not a NG+ as you were doing then and I'm doing now), I would recommend getting Eresh over Euram for everyone. I make this suggestion for one simple reason: the Sacred Oath epic. You only get it from beating the boss of her dungeon, and it adds to all magic skills. More than having Eresh (who is, while not a bad mage, kind of overshadowed by Zerase, Viki, and Jeane and sometimes even Levi), this is the reason to get her.

On your second play through (first NG+), I'd recommend Euram just to see his closure and how that plays out (not just the scenes in Rainwall, but like the letter box and reactions of members of your army regarding him as well). After that, I leave it up to personal choice as you've seen both, used both, and have the best item from her dungeon.

Also of note, until you've recruited Euram, you can keep going into her dungeon for items, farming, grinding, etc. so long as you don't kill the final boss, and then still get him.
"C'mon, Jeane! The ugly stick had its way with you! Admiiiiiiiiiit it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

I think Euram was supposed to be canonically. It makes more sense for the story to look more completed.

Eresh is more like an alternate choice. But still gameplay wise, it's better to choose her since Euram doesn't fight at all. Which is disappointing, since he fights actually at some point in the game.
mpieco

Post by mpieco »

I always go for Eresh in a completely fresh game for 2 reasons: Sacred Oath epic and Blood Armor. Both of which can only be obtained by defeating the boss and getting Eresh. The Sacred Oath is a reward for the boss win, and Blood Armor is an "area boss" drop, and you can only roam in that room once the actual boss is dead. I usually farm for about 3-5.

Any time I am doing a new game+ I go Euram, just because it always made so much more sense, storyline wise. Character-wise, I never used Eresh and didn't like her at all. I either only went with support magic, or used Zerase/Viki.
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

Right now, my main party usually consists of Richard, Prince Frey, Lyon, Jeane, Viki, and Zerase. So while this is a brand new game (as I used my own name for the prince before, and it's weird hearing people calling "Prince Caitlin" frequently), I have no use for Eresh aside from the aforementioned epic (and maybe the armor for tank characters in NG+).
"C'mon, Jeane! The ugly stick had its way with you! Admiiiiiiiiiit it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"