Eresh or Euram???

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Windspun_Monkey

Post by Windspun_Monkey »

Wow that dungeon is hard though. I barely beat it my first time through. My original intention was to go through and get some items and stuff and then teleport out and comeback with a powerhouse party but it was so long that I decided I would just beat it now. My characters were all about level 46-48 and I barely survived the boss battle. I only had the Prince and Zerase still alive. Then I decided to move around and look for chests quick before I teleported out and boom, got attacked by the Hellsteed. Although this battle wasn't as difficult I once again barely won. I just got really lucky. It would have sucked having to fight them both again.
Mad Prince of Highland

Post by Mad Prince of Highland »

Euram should of fought, was he not in a battle with the hero at Sable? oh well, im still choosing Euram.
"Fear is a stupid emotion."
Shikton

Post by Shikton »

I would go for Eresh due to all the goodies you find in the dungeon, as well as the great leveling. I also brought along...whatshisname, the insane guy who wants to stab Godwin in the forehead with his fingernail? The crazed ghost? Him. I brought him along, found his potch boost skill veeery tasty.

Am I the only one who didn't think that boss was hard at all? It landed two attacks on me, killed it in the second turn...
I am Shikton, the Slayer of Bunnies.
Spudtrooper

Post by Spudtrooper »

Shikton wrote:I would go for Eresh due to all the goodies you find in the dungeon, as well as the great leveling. I also brought along...whatshisname, the insane guy who wants to stab Godwin in the forehead with his fingernail? The crazed ghost? Him. I brought him along, found his potch boost skill veeery tasty.

Am I the only one who didn't think that boss was hard at all? It landed two attacks on me, killed it in the second turn...
Eresh, no contest. Euram is about as useful as Snowe. And I agree that the boss wasn't hard at all. He never did any damage to me in the 4 round fight. Then again I had Richard in front....
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Eresh, no contest. Euram is about as useful as Snowe. And I agree that the boss wasn't hard at all. He never did any damage to me in the 4 round fight. Then again I had Richard in front....
Snowe was one of the best fighters in S4. The Friendship attack does a whole lot of dmg.

But back on topic: I would go for Eresh since she has a Ressurection Rune.
Reo
Elite Member

Post by Reo »

As someone said, for storyline, Euram redeems himself if you recruit him. I liked reading the notes you get in the box from and about him, and the huge turnaround he made. You get a lot of information about him.

I couldn't care less about some random mage friend of Jeane's.
Ninjahop

Post by Ninjahop »

Spudtrooper wrote:
Shikton wrote:I would go for Eresh due to all the goodies you find in the dungeon, as well as the great leveling. I also brought along...whatshisname, the insane guy who wants to stab Godwin in the forehead with his fingernail? The crazed ghost? Him. I brought him along, found his potch boost skill veeery tasty.

I completely agree, The dungeon boss was one of the easiest that I fought in the game. I had more trouble with Terror Armors in the final Sindar ruins than with that boss.

I went with Eresh because I think we'll see her in a future Suikoden game, plus more information on Jeane.
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

Wow, some people would actually pick Euram.. IMO, I hated his character storywise, and having another mage in your party is better.

Unless of course, you recruited Eresh in your 1st game, then give that sissy kid a chance in your next playthrough.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Occam Arkitect wrote:Wow, some people would actually pick Euram.. IMO, I hated his character storywise, and having another mage in your party is better.
I'd say the fact that you had an emotional reaction to the character is proof that Konami succeeded in writing him well. It's the characters you don't care about that are the ones that could have been developed more.
Mad Prince of Highland

Post by Mad Prince of Highland »

Oppenheimer wrote:
Occam Arkitect wrote:Wow, some people would actually pick Euram.. IMO, I hated his character storywise, and having another mage in your party is better.
I'd say the fact that you had an emotional reaction to the character is proof that Konami succeeded in writing him well. It's the characters you don't care about that are the ones that could have been developed more.
Agreed, Euram was a comic relief, but still a threat to the prince.
"Fear is a stupid emotion."
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Hmm...I'm still torn between the two. I got Eresh on my first play through, and I'm on my second one now. I think I'm leaning towards Euram this time just for the story. Eresh just felt like a useless character to me.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

freshmetal wrote:Hmm...I'm still torn between the two. I got Eresh on my first play through, and I'm on my second one now. I think I'm leaning towards Euram this time just for the story. Eresh just felt like a useless character to me.
Do the Eresh thing. Just don't recruit her. Then you get all the items from the dungeon but you will still be able to get Euram.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

am I the only one who wanted to get Euram?
Mystil

Post by Mystil »

Most likely. I hated Euram until the 'incident' then I felt bad for him.

She's a mage with an already insanely high magic stat for someone who's only level 30. Level her up and there is no doubt in my mind that she have a 9/9/7/3 rune tier status. If you are a rune-heavy player, it would be ashame to leave someone with such great magical potential behind.
Rune of Punishment.
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

Yeah, Eresh is insanely powerful for someone with only one open rune slot.

She can't equip magic absorb, but she won't really need it, as she has high magic levels as it is. Like Jeane and Zerase, I was able to get her to have 4 level four spells. And no i'm not kidding either. If you put Mother Earth on her, she'll protect the whole party while other mages decimate.

Personally, I used her in the final battle, and never lost a character! :D
We are free to severe the chains of Fate that bind us...Yet this, too, may be our Destiny.