[FAQ] How many endings? (Spoilers)

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
killey

Post by killey »

What about if you refuse to let Richard/Belcoot/Zegai duel him, and instead duel him yourself and lose?
Spudtrooper

Post by Spudtrooper »

Neclord X wrote:I have a very rare problem, i have the 108 stars, when i defeat de sun rune incarnation Lyon resurrects, but i can't choice NOTHING, simply show the ending that Lyon and the prince travel with Georg. Why :cry: ?
I heard about this on the Gamefaqs boards. Apparently it has something to do with choices you made with dialog in the game. Don't know which though.
Kak

Post by Kak »

Spudtrooper wrote:
Neclord X wrote:I have a very rare problem, i have the 108 stars, when i defeat de sun rune incarnation Lyon resurrects, but i can't choice NOTHING, simply show the ending that Lyon and the prince travel with Georg. Why :cry: ?
I heard about this on the Gamefaqs boards. Apparently it has something to do with choices you made with dialog in the game. Don't know which though.
I'm having the same problem here... I can't believe I can't see the true ending after 110+ hours of game :(
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

The thing that i can't belive is that the 99% of people with 108 stars can see the two endings and we must replay to see the other ending. For more bad luck i can't see the ending that i would choose. :cry:

Some people tells me that is because some dialogs in the game, but anyone tell me "WHAT DIALOGS", i don't want replay and have the same problem again.
tomriddle

Post by tomriddle »

Neclord X wrote:The thing that i can't belive is that the 99% of people with 108 stars can see the two endings and we must replay to see the other ending. For more bad luck i can't see the ending that i would choose. :cry:

Some people tells me that is because some dialogs in the game, but anyone tell me "WHAT DIALOGS", i don't want replay and have the same problem again.
replay is fun though, im kinda glad this game has a lot of replay factor :P
Kak wrote:
Spudtrooper wrote:
I'm having the same problem here... I can't believe I can't see the true ending after 110+ hours of game :(
...does it perhaps have something to do with the dialogue between prince and lyon when she finally tells you of her childhood/connection with nether gate? o_O i'm not at the ending yet.. i just found out about Ashwat but if it's an ending relating to lyon.. to me thinking back in the game that is a pretty crucial interaction/exchange when lyon asks if you still trust her or something to that effect and you can either say yes or no o_O

*grasping at straws*
Kak

Post by Kak »

tomriddle wrote: replay is fun though, im kinda glad this game has a lot of replay factor :P
I agree, but I've had 110 hours in the last 15 days... I can't think of throwing 50 hours again or my family would kill me :)

What I hate most is that I picked the answers I didn't want, cos I picked the ones I wanted to choose in the first game I did (to get differents responses and so...), so I'd be getting both sides of the story :) (except for some "obvious" ones)

[spoiler]
Neclord X, when Sialeeds ask you for Lyon in Stormfist, did you answer "It's ok" or "Like If you care..." ??
[/spoiler]
Spudtrooper

Post by Spudtrooper »

Hmm, I'm wondering, were you mean to Lym during the beginning? Could have something to do with it.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Kak wrote:[spoiler]
Neclord X, when Sialeeds ask you for Lyon in Stormfist, did you answer "It's ok" or "Like If you care..." ??
[/spoiler]
I don't remember.

I agree that the replay factor is one of the strongholds of te game. The problem isn't replay, the problem is that if i don't know how to get the ending "stay with Lym", may be i can choose de same "bad choices" again, and get the "gerog travel" again, thats my fear.

Please someone with Lym ending, TELL ME the choices who lead to that ending.
Kak

Post by Kak »

Spudtrooper wrote:Hmm, I'm wondering, were you mean to Lym during the beginning? Could have something to do with it.
no idea, I'd say I never said something wrong to Lym except that time when she and Sialeeds were arguing and I gave the reason to Sialeeds.

I think the root of the problem are THOSE FILTHY DEVIL GODWINS.
killey

Post by killey »

Did anyone who not have a choice at the end have Lym come and ask to sleep in the same bed at Lunas in the beginning?
Simeon

Post by Simeon »

Neclord im positive its probably a dialog part you probably responded incorrectly im guessing.
s_word

Post by s_word »

killey wrote:Did anyone who not have a choice at the end have Lym come and ask to sleep in the same bed at Lunas in the beginning?
I notice during my new game+ this time Lym didn't come into the room and asked if she could sleep with the prince.
Kak

Post by Kak »

killey wrote:Did anyone who not have a choice at the end have Lym come and ask to sleep in the same bed at Lunas in the beginning?
I never got that cutscene!
:x
killey

Post by killey »

That might be an indication that you weren't nice enough to Lym and hence didn't get that scene (or that ending choice).
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

1. I don't have that cutscene in Lunas. May be you are right, it is a clue to know if you can choose the second ending.

2. I have this from Elyon, member of Gamefaqs:

"Lym Points"

I am hearing far too many people say they are forced into the "Georg" ending when they wanted the "Lym" ending, and so, this mini-guide came into play. This happened to myself as well in one case.

"Lym Points" are a term that I use to describe how you get a certain ending. If you are too mean to Lym or Lyon during certain scenes in the game, then your Lym points will go down or up. If you remain somewhere in the middle, or to the far right, you will be able to get both endings, but if you are to the very extreme left, you will only be able to get one of the two good endings after you have gotten 108 Stars of Destiny.

Example: I was mean with every single comment to Lym during one game. I teased her and sided against her whenever possible. During the ending movie, I was given NO choice to help her, and the game automatically cut to Georg. This says that there is a hidden tally of "Lym Points" in the game that will tell you what ending you will get if you're too nasty.

Another example of "Lym Points" is a scene in Lunas. If you were really nice to Lym, she will spend the night with you. If you were nasty, or even moderately mean, however, nothing will happen. This definitely suggests the game is keeping a hidden tally of your answers.

Lyon points also exist, as shown early on. There are two versions of the same "Lyon/Hero Bonding" scene. The Hero is given two completely different answer sets based on how he treated Lyon in earlier scenes. One answer is for the "Nicer" way of treating Lyon, and another is "meaner," where Lyon acts more like a nervous bodyguard then a special friend.

Assuming you start at a Base of 0 Lym Points. . . At 0 Points, you will have the option of choosing either ending. Ideally, though, you want positive points so you can get some of the optional scenes as well as not even risking the chance of a forced ending. Look at it like this:
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Can choose your endings.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . |
|--------------------------|--------------------------|
A . . . . . . . . . . . . .0 . . . . . . . . . . . . . B
^
Forced into one ending

Going too far in the Negative direction assumes that you automatically get Ending A. Ending A is considered the "Georg" Ending. Note that going too far in the Ending B (the "Lym" Ending) direction does NOT mean that you will automatically see the B ending. Ending B is what many consider the "True" ending to the game, though both endings can ONLY be seen by obtaining 108 Stars of Destiny.

Also note that "Lym Points" also can be called "Lyon Points" because they are determined by your comments to Lyon as well. But since you do not directly address Lyon as often as Lym, they are not as any many points early on. Lym and Lyon points also seem to be counted as a separate total, as when you are very nice to Lym, but nasty to Lyon, Lyon will react as such. They are separate, yet the same, make sense?

Once again, this is not meant to taken as completely accurate, but is meant to help you choose what decisions you can make and not make to make sure you get the endings you want. If you want to choose between the endings, try to stay somewhere near the middle, or don't go to the far extreme in one direction or the other.

Ideally, my goal is to find out how many "Lym Point" totals you need to be able to choose endings, and see the optional scenes, such as in Lunas or with Lyon. God knows how long this will take, but then again its only speculation and a theory in the first place.

My thoughts so far (NOT TO BE TAKEN AS FACT):

Lyon Point:
-Scene in Lordlake Prologue, finding Toma-
Sure, I'll Wait: -1
I can't let you do that.: +1
------------------
Lym Point:
-After the scene with Arshtat/Lordlake, to Sialeeds.
Yeah, I guess I'd better.: +1
I'm tired. Maybe tomorrow . . .: -1
------------------
Lym Point:
-To the Maid in the Prince's Room-
Yeah, I'm tired: -1
No, I haven't seem Lym yet. +1
------------------
Lyon/Lym Point:
-To Kyle, after meeting him-
Sure, I'd like that: -1
Hmm, I'd better go see Lym first. . .: +1
------------------
Lym Point:
-To Ferid, after the scene in the Knight's Room-
I haven't seen her yet: +1
Nope. I'll look for her tomorrow. -1
------------------
Lym Point:
-During the scene with Lym-
I'm Home Lym: 5?
H-hey! Let go!: -5?
Note: I hear this one affects you severely. You can give Lym negative responses for the rest of the game, and while giving her this hug, she will still love you a lot for the rest of the game.
-----------------
Lym Point:
-Meet Miakis-
Um, hello, Miakis.:+1
Uh, a little help?: -1-2
-----------------
Lym Point:
-Lym's Husband-
Of course I'd hate it.: +1
Not really. . .: -1
-----------------
Lym Point:
-The Senate-
Huh? I have to go too?: -1
Okay, lets go!: +1
-----------------
Lym Point:
-Sleepy Sialeeds-
All right, thats enough, Auntie.: +1
You started it Lym.: 0 to -1 (This one's somewhat hard to tell, Lym seems to realise she made a mistake, but you still lecture her, hmmm...)
-----------------
Lym Point:
-Sacred Games List-
Only seventy?!: 0
Seventy? That many?!: +1
-----------------
Lym Point:
-Lym's Training-
Why don't you take the day off?: 0
All right, then. Study hard!: +1
Note: This is another hard one to judge, because both answers are rather vague.
-----------------
Lyon Point:
-What do you want to do?-
Go to town, I guess.: +1 (while not much of a comment, Lyon has a happy face here, seeming to me you get a "Love Point")
I'm not sure. What do you want to do?: 0
----------------
Lyon Point:
-Kyle's "Training"-
Of course!: -3?
Not really.: +3?
Note: This pretty much determines your "Lyon Points" for this point. Even if you were really sweet to Lyon in every other comment, Lyon gets really angry during this scene, and during the later "Bonding" scene, she will give you the less comforting and friendly speech, and the more "bodyguard" speech.
----------------
Lyon Point:
-Lyon Bonding Scene-
Note: There are actually two scenes here, depending on the choices you've made.
I guess I'll be fine then: +1
Don't worry. Nothing will happen.:0
----------------
Lyon Point:
-Gizel Rescue-
We're fine, thank you: -1
You could have killed us!: +1
Note: Rather vague...

Source:http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmes ... c=27499865