true men

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
tequila337

true men

Post by tequila337 »

Ive been using this formation ever since ive gotten it. Using the Formation Skill makes all the random battles trivial. Especially once i got Richard a firefly rune. All random battles are one round usually dropping 2-3k per mob with Richard tanking and taking around 50 hps of damage. Used it for all the "boss" encounters except for the Ruins with the same result...one round kills.

Other characters in the party include Hero, Lyon, Zerase, Belcoot...the 6th kept changing...either Zegai, Nikea, or whoever I wanted to try out. Now its Bernadette. Average level is around 40...Not sure what Richards level is.

My question is this, does this trend continue in the later stages of the game? I really enjoy this game, but if I will be able to finish this game by just picking this skill over and over again Im gonna be a little dissapointed.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

The true men formation can preety much destroy a boss if you use it right

I used it all the time as well, but thats only if I wanted to advance the game

now ill just use it for random encounters and mini bosses and ill try and use new formations

another thing I noticed...if you put cathari in your party or entourage you have a greater chance of attacking first with The true men Skill attack
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i advanced into the story without bothering with wpnsmith/armor/skills/runes for a long time and now am finding everythin pretty hard (especially Salamander area boss--took 2 continues!)--the formation helps give my characters strength.. i was also extremely unprepared because i was taking random characters to level up, not expecting any surprise challenges like that.. no healing runes and barely anyone equipped with medicine O_o
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

is it just me or does using this formation lower your characters speed? enemies i always attacked before get attacks off on me first with this thing
tequila337

Post by tequila337 »

yes, it does that..not sure if it lowers your speed or if it just allows the enemies to complete their turn. I think its a fair trade off especially if you equip a strong tank with the firefly rune, he will end up taking all the damage. add murad to heal after fights and your maintenance will be minimal.
sonic_Reaper

Post by sonic_Reaper »

Circle is much better ... and basically eliminates random encounters if you keep up with your weapon levels. The disadvantages of True Men is a little harsh; while Circle increases defence.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the True Men Skill seems to be based on the speed or perhaps level of your party members. sometimes it seems enemies don't attack at all on first turn (like we surprise atked them, but the game doesn't tell you--although it does tell you when "enemy attacks first"); for weaker enemies, it almost always works; perhaps because they're slower than all of your party members... something like that. i know that even with higher level allies who are slow, it usually still beats lower level enemies...
kippei

Post by kippei »

i love using the sorcery one now... specially with zerase's speed in casting and having a magic absorb on her ^^