whats the piont of silent lake

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
kenshindono

whats the piont of silent lake

Post by kenshindono »

hrm.. this is weird. Every time ive used silent lake it has done absolutely nothing but silence me, bosses still can castg on me. I.e. the sun guys in the sindar ruins. They kept spaming earthquake aand that fire spell despite me casting silent lake, while i sat there unable to heal because it had no problem screwing me, but not them

what gives, is this spell broken?
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

Well I've never used it but my guess would be that some enemies are resistant to it. Also a lot of attacks that look like magic aren't. This is really dangerous. I gave a boundary rune to Isabel to fight one of the minibosses at the end dungeon because it had this big laser attack that hit everyone, but it ended up doing over 900dmg to her because it was apparently a physical attack. That theory doesn't really work in this case sense you know their casting earthquake, but maybe for other enemies thats the problem.
sonic_Reaper

Post by sonic_Reaper »

It more or less sucks in this game because enemies and especially bosses use attacks that are classified as physical or magical but are not Rune magic. The only thing that Silent Lake blocks is Rune magic ...

More or less useless.
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

*scratches head* but those sun god things WERE using magic, the spell looked exactly like earthquake. Oh well good to know its just utterly worthless, i wont bother with it
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

maybe the only things that are silenced are probably when a few humans use actual runes (the icon appears above head)