weak, yellow scarves suck

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
kenshindono

weak, yellow scarves suck

Post by kenshindono »

well i found some yellow scarves and tried combining them with the black warrior armor (the one that gives 50% protetction to statuses) I figured t hat the to 50% would combine to a 100% protection and let you use runes without negative status effects like you could do in most games untill the terrible IV.

I guess not. Neither the waking rune, nor attack runes like the unicorn rune had their negative effects nullified. =( With more runes and co op attacks unbalancing and having other negative effects i think it kinda sucks they took out this classic equipment combo
fiffa46

Re: weak, yellow scarves suck

Post by fiffa46 »

kenshindono wrote:well i found some yellow scarves and tried combining them with the black warrior armor (the one that gives 50% protetction to statuses) I figured t hat the to 50% would combine to a 100% protection and let you use runes without negative status effects like you could do in most games untill the terrible IV.

I guess not. Neither the waking rune, nor attack runes like the unicorn rune had their negative effects nullified. =( With more runes and co op attacks unbalancing and having other negative effects i think it kinda sucks they took out this classic equipment combo
Ok first of I though Suikoden 4 was pretty cool. WAY better then 3 but I'm sure there are other who liked 3. :P
Anyway, I would assume that the negative effect % would be from negative effects inflicted upon you by enemy units, not your own runes. Just my interpritation though.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

good call--worth a shot. those Long Leg spiders quite often cause that status that looks like a silver button being pressed constantly--no idea what status that is...
ComeBackKid

Post by ComeBackKid »

I personally like all of the Suikodens so far. IV wasn't THAT bad.

But, on to the scarves. I think it would unbalance the game if you could negate the status of the runes. It would be nice to use runes with the draw back of disableling (sp?) a part member. It makes the game that much tougher. I haven't started playing V yet, I'm still on tactics, but I can not wait to get into V.
Can’t hold on to the thrill
So I hope you find your will to follow through
What we’ve invented, I am now ending
Hold on to who you love
We are tryin’ to blow like dust since we were young
The mornings over, the day is in full swing.
tequila337

Post by tequila337 »

KFCrispy wrote:good call--worth a shot. those Long Leg spiders quite often cause that status that looks like a silver button being pressed constantly--no idea what status that is...
slow
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

well that combo worked in every suikoden other than IV. Some of the runes negative effects make them not worth it at all. Basically without this gear setup the waking r une character will be worthless (havent found him yet btw)

just kinda sucks that it takes after IV in that regard. Seeing as how you have to wast 2 equip slots to get it to work or a valuable rune slot for the turtle orb it doesn't seem that unfair

and btw, i did think IV was horrid, it was one of the worst RPG's ive played in recent memory