Ummmm what happened to Belcoot?

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Hg_gt

Ummmm what happened to Belcoot?

Post by Hg_gt »

So about 6 hours or so i go to my castle where they have the in and Belcoots girl (Maria maby?) wasnt there for me to rest and save there so i figured she was out there doing something in questing or something. I finish a major battle and still nothing. Then a few events go by and neither are found.

Then the big whomp, i get the stone stablet for the stars of destiny or something and low and behold his name on the stone is greyed out, i didnt see the girls name there but i did see another name that was greyed out. Where the hell did they go? I know i recruited them at the inn when Maria was trying to get a job there and i was like omg come to my castle and she was like ok and then Belcoot joined.

Anyone know what i means when a name is greyed out on the tablet? I thought it meant they were dead but i havnt played any of the suikodens in a long time so im not sure....well other then tactics that i wasnt a big fan of...

Gt
Seldio

Post by Seldio »

If your Major Battle was like a War Strategy Battle, then yes - he might have died on the battle field. Sorry to tell you this but if a name is greyed out, it means that person died ( in most cases ).
Riqa

Post by Riqa »

Have you lost any units in a war battle? That can result in characters being dead permanently.
Hg_gt

Post by Hg_gt »

yes i think i might have lost one, come to think of it it might have been Belcoot. I didnt think they died i thought they just said like "Draw back men!!" or something like that. So if he died does that mean i cannot get all the stars of destiny? Or since he joined before he still counts as my 108?

thanx a bunch

EDIT: wtf would his wife AND him be dead though? I mean hell the wife is a main charecter for the Inn of the castle. Bleh makes me mad when i wanna heal everyone up with their magic and health and i have to go to another town to rest then come back to the castle.

Gt
Seldio

Post by Seldio »

Since both of them are non-plot characters they both have a chance of dieing in a War Battle.
And no, if not everyone of the 108 is alive by the end of the game you don't get the bonus for collecting those.
Hg_gt

Post by Hg_gt »

crap well that really makes me mad!! lol if i woulda known that i woulda redid the battle =/ I dont even know what the bonus is but i guess its pointless trying to collect all the other charecters now. I spent a buncha hours getting charecters yesterday but i guess its all a waste if i cant get 108 now since 2 are greyed out =/

Gt
Sailor

Post by Sailor »

First off, she's not his wife. Secondly, and this is speculation, if Belcoot dies, then I'd imagine that Marina would leave since Belcoot was the only reason she was staying with the prince.
Hg_gt

Post by Hg_gt »

well, i didnt mean wife but aquaintenance i guess lol. You know they hooked up though =)

and secondly Maria went because the prince offered her a job...Belcoot refused to come to the castle untill maria decided to go

Gt
Night

Post by Night »

Do you get a special message when a character dies in a war battle? Or is it up to you to just work it out from their message as their unit is defeated?
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Well usually if they ain't screaming for a full retreat when their unit reaches 0hp, its a good bet their dead.
Sailor

Post by Sailor »

When a character died on me in a major battle it stated that he died. Not sure if it does that every time one dies or not since I reloaded and never let that happen again:)
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

if Marina was in the same unit as Belcoot, maybe they all died at the same time. if you had a third member in the unit, you might want to check that person too........
the lorax

Post by the lorax »

I noticed that when a unit withdrew from battle and a character died in the unit, it had that character say something first then the unit would say their retreat statements and then there would be a statement that the charachter died.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Some characters will leave your army if another character dies. In the case of Belcoot, Marina and Hazuki will both leave. If Ernst dies, Norma leaves and vice versa, and the same is true with Isabelle/Mathias. There may be more.
Sun of a Studio

Post by Sun of a Studio »

I remember liberating Doraat and Belcoot's unit was destroyed. It said, "Belcoot Has Died!" so I just started over again, although very begrudgingly so since I hadn't saved in awhile.
"If you can laugh at yourself everytime you fall down, people will think you're drunk"-Conan