When does this game gets serious?

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
gradeAbra

When does this game gets serious?

Post by gradeAbra »

I am 4 hours into the game but there is hardly any battle. All i get is the do those stuff like finding Lym and doing her things. Its boring.
Laharle

Post by Laharle »

not sure if ur allowed to complain in the forums but

yes the first 4-8 hours of gameplay will get u impatient but do keep progressing and u will soon see a twisting event
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

8 hours is long...sad.
Laharle

Post by Laharle »

well im not allowed to spoil the story but just finish up the Sacred Games and between half-hour-and an hr later and u will see some actions.
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

gradeAbra wrote:8 hours is long...sad.
I actually liked the set up being that long because what follows is a proportional length. And I absolutly love long RPGs. And would have been pissed if there was such a long setup followed by a very short rest of the game.
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

8 hours to get out of the tedium of the beggining is annoying at first...but I think its worth it. Provides alot of insight and really sets up the rest of the game.

Specially when you talk with everyone.
Hg_gt

Post by Hg_gt »

10 hours is when i REALLY got into it and im almost at 30 and i think its purly amazing now

Gt
Desides

Post by Desides »

Are you going to post this question in every forum, or what?

The game takes about six hours to "start" in the sense that the war begins. I don't see what's boring about the Lordlake, Stormfist, and Lunas/Raftfleet sections. They're quite necessary in setting up the rest of the story, and it's nice to have a character- rather than a battle-driven plot for a while.
Serpent

Post by Serpent »

depends on how fast you go too
i did a bunch of stupid random crap and it lasted 10 hours before the game became interesting
You can close your eyes from reality but not memories.
Sailor

Post by Sailor »

Considering how I'm 111 hours into my first game right now, I've long forgotten about the slow beginning. Sure doesn't seem like it's been 111 hours.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

The game is pretty serious from the start.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Sailor wrote:Considering how I'm 111 hours into my first game right now, I've long forgotten about the slow beginning. Sure doesn't seem like it's been 111 hours.
Jesus christ, And I thought I was pushing the limits of decency at 70 hours. :o
Seldio

Post by Seldio »

For real - i finished the game at 60 hours and thought i played rather slow already. And now with all these investigations which take again at least around 55-60 hours i barely can catch up to that playtime of Sailor. ^_^
Looks like Sailor did play very carefully. :)
Sun of a Studio

Post by Sun of a Studio »

Well it's like this. You either get a really good story with a lot of well rounded characters, or you just through battle after battle at the player and people complain the characters and story sucked. If you want battle after battle, play IV, if you want a good game with action around the corner then play V.
"If you can laugh at yourself everytime you fall down, people will think you're drunk"-Conan
Lechium

Post by Lechium »

Basically all suikodens go like this:
First everything is fine and dandy, but the threat looms over
Secondly things go to shoot, and civil war erupts
I think it's no spoiler that Prince will be exiled/have to escape (like heros in all suikodens were), and than will start fighting against the opressor. That's when game will start being fun.