Stacking still effective?

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Jowy Atreides

Stacking still effective?

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I'm sure one of the first things people attempted was stacking the runes; namely, Fury, Double-edged, and those types of runes. Has anything been done to stop this stacking, or is it just not as effective as before? Of course, the most likely possibility is that it's still the same. What I mean by "to stop this stacking" is that only one rune of this type can be equipped, or that one of them won't work if they are both equipped, etc.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Stacking is still effective, and can be far more potent than in Suikoden 2 because of the skill system. I've had character dish out 4000 damage as a normal attack (and criticals went up to 9999 damage, which is apparently the max).
killey

Post by killey »

The runes involved tend to be more expensive but if you know the enemies that drop them then it's easy.

At the moment I'm waiting for Killey to get a 3rd rune slot, and also hopefully Yahr.

The most obvious format is:
Fury
Double-Edge
Killer

But with Yahr I'm hoping to get:
Fury
Angry Dragon
Double-Edge

The Angry Dragon Rune and Double-Edge double the damage, and Fury multiplies it by 1.5 and also allows unlimited use of the Angry Dragon Rune...now it all depends on whether he gets a head rune slot.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Oh, so it's exactly the same as Oulan then? Wow, they really are bringing back a lot of old runes.
DawnRune

Post by DawnRune »

Yahr gets his 3rd rune slot at level 55, as does Killey.
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

If your looking for three runes to get an attack boost from I would go with
Fury
Double Edge
Boost

I havent heard alot of talk about boost but in my experience with it it has been very effective. The amount of increase seems to be somewhere around x 1.5 maybe more. Sure after three turns you go down to 1 hp but really how often does a fight take three turns when your doing 9999 dmg.
Chaos_Zero

Post by Chaos_Zero »

The biggest problem with Boost is the fact that after 3 turns, your HP is lowered to 1. Not a problem for weak random encounters, but a problem against bosses and strong enemies.
The Miraculous Epidemic, Cruel Salvation, and Merciful Genocide.
Makumaku

Post by Makumaku »

The Magic Absorb rune pretty much makes any spell caster with a nice rune one of the best members on your team.

And if you want someone solely for attack, I'd probably throw a Crazed Orb into the mix too.
When Hero IV is abbreviated, it equals HIV.
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

Ive been playing around with some three rune fighters and it looks like
crazed
double-edge
boost
is the biggest damage boost. Thats 8x damge. You'll have 1hp after three turns but theres no way it will take more than three turns to win doing 8x damage.
Lechium

Post by Lechium »

Do multiple 'treasure hunter' skills stack?

thanks,
Lech
ninjar

Post by ninjar »

Do multiple 'treasure hunter' skills stack?

thanks,
Lech
Yes, they do.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

skill stacking--can this happen with an Epic skill and regular skill? (i don't have an Epic yet >_<)
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

yes epics and normals stack.