Money Maker

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Stormfist

Money Maker

Post by Stormfist »

When you go into invade Doraat Fortress, be sure to clear nearly ALL of your inventory except for equipment and medicines for battle. Each enemy there drops a ? painting. I collected about 20 without being certain as to what I would get... Sure enough every one of them turned out as "The Sacred Games" portrait! Selling at 10,000 potch a piece.

So bear this tip in mind if you have trouble making money or just want a little extra on the side. It totaled up to 200,000 potch in sales.

Edit: Actually I am not very sure if this was a glich, but just incase. I appraised all of the paintings in Leclar.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

You also need some ? paintings to recruit the Appraiser in Haud. He will reveal one of them to be an Ivanov painting.
I hope everything is going delicious.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:You also need some ? paintings to recruit the Appraiser in Haud. He will reveal one of them to be an Ivanov painting.

ah its good that you mentioned that appraiser

I have brought several paintings to him{not appraised of course} and nothing happens, is there 1 specific painting I need?

can you give me more info on how to recruit him?
killey

Post by killey »

Just keep talking to him, if he doesn't start a conversation, don't get the painting appraised but try talking to him again.

As for the money making when I went to Doraat not only did I get a painting of every enemy I also got around 13000 potch a battle thanks to 3 bits of prosperity gear (hadn't got the arm pieces at that stage and I still haven't got the helmet) plus Egbert.
Stormfist

Post by Stormfist »

Heh too bad the enemies dissapear after the whole thing there is over.

;_;
Kagome

Post by Kagome »

The best money maker battling alot and selling off runes&items you don't whant(that includes armor)
Armor&Runes alone bring in alot of cash+revive item.
Seldio

Post by Seldio »

The ? painting that you need for recruiting Bastan ( Ivanov painting ) is available in that small dungeon within the revolving bridge. I don't think you can get it anywhere else.

And the "best" money making thing is equipping one char with the full Prosperity Set and every char with 4 Prosperity Badges, taking Egbert with you for Potch Finder and Babbage for a better chance for Treasures.

Then go to the Big Hole with Jeane and trigger the event with Eresh to be able to go into the second bigger part of the Underground Ruins. ^^
You'll most likely get with all those Prosperity pieces nearly 200,000 Potch every battle. And they're not hard to defeat around Level 50.
killey

Post by killey »

Any ? painting will do, no matter whether it's actually Grafiti or Dusk or whatever, he'll appraise it as an Ivanov.
Seldio

Post by Seldio »

Oh, that's quite nice as well. I remember Suikoden 1's appraiser Jabba...man that was annoying with that damn urn. On my 5th or 6th playthrough it took me a hell of a time till those Elves dropped the Urn.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

By the way, what's the potch cap this time around?
Seldio

Post by Seldio »

Assuming of the free space left in that box for additional numbers..i'd say the max is 99.999.999 - only speculation though.
Qbwpij

Post by Qbwpij »

Another really good way to make money is to do Subala's fishing mini game. Put all of your items in storage, and fish for ? Pots. A lot of them will be Pots of Failure, but you'll get several Celadon (20k), Karaya (8k), Rose (.5k), and the occasional Gold Pot (50k). This is great because even if you're completely broke and don't have enough to even appraise your things, you get money from winning the fishing game itself. Also, there are those armours you fish up (which probably do something when you get them all equipped on one person, but I don't know) which you can sell.
Sailor

Post by Sailor »

If you're going to do that, make sure you don't give any baby fish to Shun Min. Giving her fish to raise decreases the amount of non-fish you catch.
Qbwpij

Post by Qbwpij »

Good call, Sailor. I didn't know that. :)
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

on the subject of shun min

what does she do with the fish you bring her?