Hero IV's wooden amulet in SII?

In-Depth topics that fail to give reasons for their hypotheses.
Pahn

Post by Pahn »

does the rune of punishment grant eternal life? It consumes the life of it's owner doesnt it? It could be unlikely that lazlo would live 150 years. remember, not all true runes grant eternal life.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

All True Runes grant eternal life. We're not sure how long someone could live with the Rune in its Atonement Phase, but he would undoubtedly still be around during Suikoden II, unless someone killed him.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Lazlo's rune of punishment is in its forgiveness stage, in this stage it will not hurt him and it will obey him, bassically it becomes like every other true rune, granting its bearer aglesness and whatever power it posseses
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

Leknaat said that it would remain in this phase as long as Lazlo held the rune. If he were to die (or lop off his hand) then it'd move about taking lives as it once did. At least that's what I understood Leknaat was talking about.

As far as the amulet goes. I agree with the theory (thanks to Buff for showing me the thread) however unlikely it is. It won't ever be (at least I highly doubt they will) revealed that they are the same amulet but it's a neat connection indeed, otherwise I find it odd that they would include such a odd thing. It does seem a little out of place that they give him a wooden amulet as a token of luck.

The amulet doesn't necessarily need Lazlo to have sold it in Muse. He could have lost it, had it stolen or sold it to another person on his travels.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
Buff

Post by Buff »

i kind of doubt he would of sold it to some one.maybe on a travel he met up with some one they traveled for a while,the person noticed it and asked some questions.then when they seperate he gives the person the amulet as a gift.

here's another thing,on 4 when you look at the description of the amulet it says that there some thing inside of it can't remember what it was.but when you fight luca they hide a wooden amulet in the tree with fireflys in it.
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

err, maybe it's design was liked by the city-state, and copied.
future_suikoden_writer

Post by future_suikoden_writer »

what are u talking bout'...how can be Lazlo have an overdue bill on the shop in the muse??Lazlo died during the kooluk expansion....

Maybe the wooden amulet that your talking bout' is d same dat luca blight got on the tree before he died??
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

future_suikoden_writer wrote:what are you talking bout'...how can be Lazlo have an overdue bill on the shop in the muse??Lazlo died during the kooluk expansion....

Maybe the wooden amulet that your talking bout' is d same dat luca blight got on the tree before he died??
He didin't die.
Matt620

Post by Matt620 »

It's not been stated whether or not the amulet is the same one or not, but I think they created it with that in mind. It's a subtle tie-in, and designed to provoke questions like ours.

The whole fish and stars things (given the Island Nations and th 108 Stars of Destiny) could very well make it the Hero's amulet, and he probably doesn't even really want it 150 years after the war. His reminder of the thing is the Rune of Punishment, after all.

Lazlo probably traveled after the war, and eventually made his way to Muse. He leaves the amulet when he's out of cash. That's all.
-M
Buff

Post by Buff »

future_suikoden_writer wrote: Maybe the wooden amulet that your talking bout' is d same dat luca blight got on the tree before he died??
that's because it is the same one that luca found in that tree. they used it and put fireflies in it for the archers to see. but if you notice before you start the whole war with him you still have the amulet in your inventory, but after the battle you no longer have it.
hell_tanuki

Post by hell_tanuki »

Hmmm... I don't think Lazlo would kept a wooden amulet prolly 150 years to finally use it as a payment. :?
That would have been great, but this is probably not the same amulet... :? (maybe if Lazlo died)
I'm Swiss
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

or, Lazlo could have lost it, thus it finding its way to the guy who left it in the Muse shop.
Sun of a Studio

Post by Sun of a Studio »

I think this theory is very possible. Although not plausible, very possible, and personally I like this theory. If it were to be true, if ever revealed somehow through another Suikoden game, then that'd be pretty cool. While it may just be someone's wooden amulet from the game, it's still nice to have faith and believe.
"If you can laugh at yourself everytime you fall down, people will think you're drunk"-Conan
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Yeah cause I sure know that when three cute girls go through the effort of making a personal memento for me I always give those mementos up as pawn when I can't pay a bill. :roll:
Emperor

Post by Emperor »

Well, this is suikoden. Almost all the stories, the characters, and the items would have origins and would be met by other characters.

So it could be possible that the amulet is the same one.