Costume changes: permanent or alterable?

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Jowy Atreides

Costume changes: permanent or alterable?

Post by Jowy Atreides »

As I'm sure everyone has already noticed, attire changes are back in Suikoden V. Most (if not all) of the Queen's Knights change clothes at some point in time, and even the Tenkai gets multiple costume changes in the game. The obvious question would be, of course, whether or not these costume changes are permanent, or whether they are changeable? I've heard that you've got to actually acquire some of the suits for the Tenkai (like the caped one and the Tir-lookalike one, for instance), so any info on that would be much appreciated.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

If there are ways to get them as alterable costumes, I haven't come across them yet. As far as I know, the changes are all dictated by the story. The Prince wears his royal attire, up to the point where he officially becomes the head of his own army. His McDohl-esque attire is for undercover purposes, while he's stuck in his official costume for most of the game.

Georg's a permanent change. For being the newest Queen's Knight, he sure is quick to throw away the uniform.

Lyon wears her purple dress when going undercover, otherwise she's in her Knight's uniform.

Kyle's attire is for undercover as well but he is hardly seen in his alternate outfit, honestly.

The other Knights are stuck in their uniforms for the entire game.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Yeah, there's no way to permanently change the characters attire. As patapi said, all changes are for story reasons and don't last all that long either.
I hope everything is going delicious.
skymansxeno

Post by skymansxeno »

That's good that they are story elements though. I like it.
Kagome

Post by Kagome »

You can't change they're outfits in the game though becuase it's mostly the same except the prince of course.
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

rats. i really wish you could keep his 2nd outfit that one was actually cool
BoZhangles

Post by BoZhangles »

It would have been nice to have a choice at certain parts. The prince's main outfit is rather....flamboyant. :shock:
Matt620

Post by Matt620 »

That sucks. I really would like to be able to choose the outfits.

Maybe a tailor SoD was in order...
-M