Hudson Soft's involvement?

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Jowy Atreides

Hudson Soft's involvement?

Post by Jowy Atreides »

For those of you that completed the game and read the credits, does it explicitly state the extent of Hudson Soft's involvement in Suikoden V? The extent of their involvement is something else I'd like to know, obviously.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

I don't recall seeing any "Hudson" in the credits.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Hudson is the second last company to appear among the companies' logos towards the end of the credits, before Konami.

Not sure what exactly they did for the game though.
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

Most likely the direct involvement would be given at the end of the game when most give the full credits of who worked on what. But until someone like Sars who is fluent in japanese finsihes the game or the american release answers the question it is hard to determine.

However usually any company included in the opening credits generally has had significant involvement.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

Yea, we need someone more fluent in Japanese to figure out the credits...
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

Well it does amaze me how many people are trying to play the japanese version of suikoden 5 right now considering the difficulty in reading of the series as a whole. The games are not very easy material and particularly when the more complicated story elements arise it is tricky for anyone shy of being fluent. And this is even before taking into account that with 108 characters per game you get various levels of formality and different ways of speaking.

And how about that for going a bit off topic.....
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

If I'm not mistaken, the credits are written in English.
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

Often the logos and such are in romanji, but at the end fo the game if it does indeed give individual credit beyond companies names will be given in the customary kanji.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Well, King's entry in the credits looks like this though:

Art Director
Hideki Tanaka

No kanji at all. All the voice actors, designers, etc are presented in the same manner.