What will the army battles be like?

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Humphrey

Post by Humphrey »

i was looking at pictures and i think the wars are kinda like kessen 2...........or it could be a mixture of sI and sII cause in the tralier you can see movment like sII but in pics you can see it like sI
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

The war battles are based on suikoden II's war battles.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
Humphrey

Post by Humphrey »

i was mistaken by that picture until they got more ....my bad
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Yuki Tenkai wrote:The war battles are based on suikoden II's war battles.
The basic cosmetic aspect of it, to be precise. There is certainly more depth in the gameplay department this time around unlike the one in S2. It's more like a healthy marriage of the systems behind the other Suikoden titles, hence it's obviously NOT based on any single system.
Humphrey

Post by Humphrey »

patapi is right.......and in every suikoden they have never had the same kind of war they change it to keep things interesting plus if they did hve the same kind of war it would be a less of a good game for example dynasty warriors you do the same thing over it starts getting boring if konami made suikoden like that i state agian it would make the game less fun to play
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Well I do have to agree with that, vareity is the spice of life and Suikoden has done that with each installment. Sometimes people have not liked it Trinty with SIII and Sea Adventure with SIV, however it was at least different from the previous. Don't know what they will do with s6 but for now s5 is looking very good.
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

Personally I liked the system from S2 the best followed by 3 then 1 then 4(WAAAYYY too easy). But I hope that the new system is entirely new. Also I really hope they let you do mock battles like in 4. That was such a great idea.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Looks like I might have to take back some of what I've said in my last post in this topic. Now that we have seen the battles in motion, it looks like they have dropped the grid system altogether and adopted a completely new real time approach instead. It resembles 2's system even less now.

There will also be naval battles that employ similar unit advantage triangle system, which looks very interesting as well.
Sun of a Studio

Post by Sun of a Studio »

All I want from the Suikoden V war system is for every character to matter. In Suikoden III they did it best because if you didn't level up the characters, you didn't have a strong army except for about 18 people which you played the story with and few others. I liked the battle systems so far. All I want is a reason other than boredom to level up every character and spend time and money on making a decent army, not just a preset strength level and have all the tank characters have all the fun. I think everyone can understand what I mean.
"If you can laugh at yourself everytime you fall down, people will think you're drunk"-Conan
Laharle

Post by Laharle »

if i remember right i think i saw a preview of Suiko 5 and the major battle consist of archers, melee and magics like Suikoden 1 also there will be a cut scene wen u choose the archers to shoot or the melee go into battle etcs
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the battles are real-time (but units cover ground slowly) and you'll have to move your cursor around to issue commands. can someone playing the japanese game describe some details?