Suikoden 5 Gameplay Footage [SPOILER!]

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
Leon Silverberg

Suikoden 5 Gameplay Footage [SPOILER!]

Post by Leon Silverberg »

Ok this link was posted by Himuro in the Suikox-Board.
I hope he will forgive me for opening this thread ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=bebpo

The videos are from a guy called bebpo..it seems that he is uploading videos every hour or so..

To me it looks all promising and i'm happy with it although i don't understand the japanese dialogues in it.

I'm not thinking that the loadtimes are to long as claimed on others boards..
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

wow! thanks leon!

and thanks originally to himorokuken for the link!

and of course a big thanks to bepbo for doing all this!{wherever or whoever he is}

my absolute favorite out of all those videos is seeing the prince on his throne!

I think this game as a suiko 4 look and feel to it, yet they have made the story long and have put great development in the characters and the story

this game looks fantastic! I cant wait!

only a few weeks to go!!!
The18thLetter

Post by The18thLetter »

Nice. Good watching.

I can understand the complaints about the load times, though.

Random battles are frequent and although the battle loading is understandable, the loading screen after the battle might get on my nerves when the game is released here (because, again, battles are frequent and to be hit by that loading screen after every battle... hmmm).
Leon Silverberg

yeah i know what you mean.. suikoden 4's battle rate was annoying..but i still have to say that i've completed the game more tha 3 times..so.. As long as the story is promising/deep and the game is enjoyable and has more good than bad things in it i'm happy
hoon

Post by hoon »

The18thLetter wrote:Nice. Good watching.

I can understand the complaints about the load times, though.

Random battles are frequent and although the battle loading is understandable, the loading screen after the battle might get on my nerves when the game is released here (because, again, battles are frequent and to be hit by that loading screen after every battle... hmmm).
The random encounter don't seem frequent at all and the load times are around 5 seconds. In the world map video, he walked about 10 seconds until he got hit with a random battle and after the battle was over, he walked all the way to the next area battle free.
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

Yay!! they kept the classic load screen!
Leon Silverberg

@hoon

finally! someone who says the truth... many people don't want to hear it..hehe.. i think most of the people who said that the loading scenes were to long and the encounter rate to high have a pirated copy burned on bad/cheap dvd-media that causes the slowdowns..that many people who play pirated copies complain about.... :roll:
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

The loading times aren't long, but they are frequent. Imagine seeing those animation after every single battle. Not fun.

You don't even have to pirate the game to see how frequent those are. They might have brought back the "classic" loading screens, but I'd rather have Konami worked on removing the need for these loading screens altogether in the first place.

If Suikoden III and IV could make do without any delay AFTER random encounter, why the supposedly better Suikoden V needs them?
Leon Silverberg

ok you've got your point there. I didn't want to say that it's cool to have so much random battles.. It's right they're annoying and the frequent loading scenes maybe too..but i can guarantee you that you get used to it after a few hours of playing.. sure it's stupid that konami made these up but.. i think they just wanted to make us happy with the old loading screens..

As a pal-version player i wonder if konami will recognize the complaints about suiko5's loading system and improve it for the pal version that comes out in fall..and from now to fall it's a long time to pass...
himurokoken

Post by himurokoken »

I don't have a problem man
xx TOXiC xx

Post by xx TOXiC xx »

I don't really mind the loading screens that much after the battles, but the battles do look way to easy in those movies. The enemy does like 12 damage points off of one character while all of the party members do like over 300 damage points.
himurokoken

Post by himurokoken »

The general imperssion from some Japanese fans say that battles with normal enemies are by far the hardest in the series yet so I'm not really worried.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

It's about time because I really loved the challenging battles of Rhapsodia.
I hope everything is going delicious.
xx TOXiC xx

Post by xx TOXiC xx »

himurokoken wrote:The general imperssion from some Japanese fans say that battles with normal enemies are by far the hardest in the series yet so I'm not really worried.
Okay, that's good to hear. :D
hoon

Post by hoon »

I think that Suikoden V will be a great game despite of the load times (eventhough I don't think it's bad at all). I mean, I never liked the load times on DQVIII but it turned out to be a great rpg game regardless.