Question about Troy *SPOILERS*

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

"Child of the Sea God" has a hint of youth in it, compared to the stronger but plain "The Sea God", which after all was what Troy was famous for -- he defeated the entire Gaien fleet of veterans as a mere young commander.

And, it's not possible for Flik's nickname to be derived from Nina anyhow. Because he already had the name long before he met the girl for the first time.
Night

Post by Night »

Moonbay wrote:
Lemmy Claypool wrote:It's just his title he was given due to his naval prowess. Flik isn't really a blue streak of lightning, y'know.
Then why not just call him "The Sea God?"

If his father was as good--or even better than Troy--then Troy would be known as "The Child of the Sea God."
I agree with Patapi's comment, plus I think that "The Sea God" sounds too, well, godly. "Child of the Sea God" strikes me as a way of complimenting Troy and his prowess, as he was an incredibly successful commander. Therefore, he is good enough to be the son of the Sea God. It has more humanistic aspects than just "The Sea God."
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

Awww...shucks Angelis and son_michael..... *blush*

Anyway--the Flik comment was a joke. :)

"The Sea God" sounds too godly, yet "The Child of the Sea God" doesn't? Sorry--I can't buy that.

And yes, I understand that he got the name from his prowess at sea. But--if his father had the same ability, and HIS name was "The Sea God" then Troy would be "just like his father." He's "the child of the sea god."

You know--a chip off the old block?
Playing Suikoden III......
Eroschilles

Post by Eroschilles »

They call him "Child of the Sea God" because he is not a god and is mortal just like everyone else. And the children of gods tend to be mortal themselves. At least the children of a god and a mortal, which I'm assuming that's what they are reffering to.

Like Achilles from the Illiad. He was the son of a nymph, which is a lower ranked goddess from the sea. Or like how Alexander the Great was rumored to be the product of his mortal mother and one of the 12 great Greek gods (depending on which legend you've heard about his heritage, but it's usually Zeus). Or how the Chinese and Japanese emperors are said to have descended from a dragon, which are the same as gods.

Anyways, I don't think that they would call his father "God of the Sea" for the same reason. He may have been a great warrior like his son, but that would just give the man too big of an ego trip.
Silver Dragon Flik

Post by Silver Dragon Flik »

Eroschilles wrote:They call him "Child of the Sea God" because he is not a god and is mortal just like everyone else. And the children of gods tend to be mortal themselves. At least the children of a god and a mortal, which I'm assuming that's what they are reffering to.

Like Achilles from the Illiad. He was the son of a nymph, which is a lower ranked goddess from the sea. Or like how Alexander the Great was rumored to be the product of his mortal mother and one of the 12 great Greek gods (depending on which legend you've heard about his heritage, but it's usually Zeus). Or how the Chinese and Japanese emperors are said to have descended from a dragon, which are the same as gods.

Anyways, I don't think that they would call his father "God of the Sea" for the same reason. He may have been a great warrior like his son, but that would just give the man too big of an ego trip.
So far he seemed immortal because Glen said. But it was quite funny you can do some damage to Troy at the first against him and Colton.