Vote thread for the Blog comments (polls now closed)

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Fc_conn posted a comment in full English on the King Blog once, so it shouldn't be too surprising.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

wow, didnt know that

hopefully the reason king didn't comment on it is because he cant read english......
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I doubt Tanaka ("King") speaks English.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

He probably can speak some English though.
2. Are any of you making the story according to Murayama's wishes? Did he leave the team all of his Suikoden notes (the offiicial timeline, the ending to the series, where he wants the series to go;etc) he had made before leaving?
What if they answered "yes, that's what we've been doing all along" and that Suikoden III/IV (or whichever that you guys didn't quite love) was made exactly in the image of whatever he had left with them...? Would that make anyone of us like those games any better?

I'll probably have a good laugh either way though.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

patapi wrote:He probably can speak some English though.
2. Are any of you making the story according to Murayama's wishes? Did he leave the team all of his Suikoden notes (the offiicial timeline, the ending to the series, where he wants the series to go;etc) he had made before leaving?
What if they answered "yes, that's what we've been doing all along" and that Suikoden III/IV (or whichever that you guys didn't quite love) was made exactly in the image of whatever he had left with them...? Would that make anyone of us like those games any better?

I would love for all those people that bash 3 and 4 to find out that the games are exactly as murayama invisioned...deffinetley would be a good laugh
himurokoken

Post by himurokoken »

III was completely written by Murayama, and unlike IV he atleast had input in the gameplay before he left.

As for IV, I doubt he wanted it that way. If he wanted 5 games in the main series, why would he suddenly make IV a prequel 150 years before I? Especially after the events of III?

It's obvious they AREN'T following Murayama's plans as of now because King said that in his blog they just randomly came up with the setting, location of V. It was not preplanned or determined. However, having the notes he made is still crucial for the development of the series. Why would I want to continue following a story that continues to avoid the orignal plot after the creator of this said story stopped making it? Unless someone is up for the task and knows why exactly we (or rather me) love Suikoden (the fact the plot is as uncliche' as it gets in rpgs, the villians aren't typical villian archetypes, the non linearity of the gameplay because of the diverse amount of sidequests and mini games, the political intrigue that makes Suikoden not seem like another "omg save the world!!" plot...), I am not willing to go along with Konami. That's the whole point. Begin it with murayama, finish it with Murayama. Even if he leaves he should give input on where the series should continue.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

What you're saying is wishful thinking. Murayama, just like any other creator, was under the employ of a larger company. Of course he may have started this vision, but unless some divine miracle happens I doubt Konami cares whether they get him back or not to finish the story. They're a business and their main goal is not to satiate every whim of every fan, but to make money and keep you interested enough so that you buy the next installment. Of course it's obvious that not everyone at Konami thinks this way, just look at King's blog - he really enjoys what he does and he's proud of it -, but I can assure you that the higher ups at Konami couldn't care less if you want them to give Murayama some kind of jurisdiction over the Suikoden plot. This is nothing new, to be honest, I mean just look at Xenogears/Xenosaga. Please do not take this offensively, it's just how things are. Murayama worked there, laid the foundation for an excellent series, leftdue to creative differences or what have you, and Konami is still going to build upon that laid out foundation. Tis' how business works.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to see Murayama make a triumphant return, but I'm not going to complain about it if he doesn't. All that matters to me is that Konami does an excellent job and I think they managed to do that with Suikoden IV and Rhapsodia despite Murayama's involvement, but that's only my opinion.

One more thing, it would be quite hilarious if it did turn out that Suikoden IV turned out just as Murayama wanted to. As a matter of fact, it would be about as hilarious as everyone suddenly falling in love with Lazlo due to his physical and magical prowess in Rhapsodia rather than adoring him for his personality and character. Really hilarious since he had just as much personality as Riou or Tir.
I hope everything is going delicious.
himurokoken

Post by himurokoken »

Why would I be offended? It's the truth and it's an unfortunate truth.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Yeah, I know. It's just that some people around here tend to be thin skinned. =/
I hope everything is going delicious.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

himurokoken wrote:

III was completely written by Murayama, and unlike IV he atleast had input in the gameplay before he left.

As for IV, I doubt he wanted it that way. If he wanted 5 games in the main series, why would he suddenly make IV a prequel 150 years before I? Especially after the events of III?

It's obvious they AREN'T following Murayama's plans as of now because King said that in his blog they just randomly came up with the setting, location of V. It was not preplanned or determined. However, having the notes he made is still crucial for the development of the series. Why would I want to continue following a story that continues to avoid the orignal plot after the creator of this said story stopped making it? Unless someone is up for the task and knows why exactly we (or rather me) love Suikoden (the fact the plot is as uncliche' as it gets in rpgs, the villians aren't typical villian archetypes, the non linearity of the gameplay because of the diverse amount of sidequests and mini games, the political intrigue that makes Suikoden not seem like another "omg save the world!!" plot...), I am not willing to go along with Konami. That's the whole point. Begin it with murayama, finish it with Murayama. Even if he leaves he should give input on where the series should continue.
Hence my point. You already know the answer. Everything else is irrelevant.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

So what ever happened with the questions we sent in and that whole answering questions thing in general? any word yet?
himurokoken

Post by himurokoken »

Ask sars, I pmed him about the questions/comments right when we finished them.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

well I had asked him if he posted them on king blog and he told me he did

so I guess we just wait and see if our questions will even be mentioned on the upcoming king blogs

so far though..it dosent look good
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Konami tends to no answer fans questions unless they are tame questions. All of the questions asked were the type they don't typically answer, so I doubt they will answer any of them.

They actually didn't even say they will answer the questions submitted. They simply asked for "comments."