A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Chaos_Zero

Post by Chaos_Zero »

I think it can be over 10kb in size as long as it's by a reasonable amount. Any avi I make into 100x100, it'll still be a just a lil bit over 10k. (My current one is 6kb, but only because it's b/w.)

You shouldn't have to LOOK for avis. Just find an image you like, and use ms paint, adobe photoshop, photo editor, or any programs. Different ones yield different results.
The Miraculous Epidemic, Cruel Salvation, and Merciful Genocide.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Anything over 10 000, by any ammount, is too large a file. It's not hard to get an avatar that's 100x100 and less than 10 000. I have one and it's fully coloured and detailed. Thank you for asking rather than just using one that is too large.
Yensoo

Post by Yensoo »

Thanks. I FINALY figured it out. Turns out I was using the wrong link from image shack. (Don't know where I got the idea that you're supposed to use the hotlink for forums for an avatar) But anyway it's working now. (even tho its really cheesy looking. and small)
By the way: Is it an ok size and all?
thanks.
Long live Suikoden!
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Your avatar is too big, it's over 10 000 K. You can easily find this out by right clicking on it and going to "properties" that will tell you both the size of the file and the width/length.
Beelzebub

Post by Beelzebub »

I have an avatar that is the correct size (100 by 100 pixels) but the file size is too big and its black and white! Could someone help me make the filesize smaller or find a similar picture that fits?

Here it is
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5683 ... nce5av.jpg
"Who can you pray to? Only demons and fiends are here."
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Buff

Post by Buff »

there's no way to make that under the 10kb.the only way it's possible is by making it so small you can barly see it.
Shado

Post by Shado »

test :oops:
stefanie

Post by stefanie »

Is there any place for the people of this forum to choose from a selection of avvies? Like in some forums like this, they have an option to choose a premade one or upload one or get one from the site that the forum is from. I made a couple of Suikoden 2 icons and would more then happily make more to submit for this place.
Viva La Cookies!
Pesmerga VS. Yuber

Post by Pesmerga VS. Yuber »

Can someone please send me some Pesmerga Yuber stuff by PM? I really want new avatar.
Power?
Am I looking for Power?
Ever since...The first day I saw you...
I somehow knew...That we would be friends.
I was never lonely...Because you were there.
We chose...Life and death together.
I believed in you...Always...
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

anyone know how to make avatars?

in other words...how do you get the avatar off the tv and into your comp?
Buff

Post by Buff »

take a digital camera or a webcam and take the pic. that's how i would do it son_michael.
Zombee

Post by Zombee »

Beelzebub wrote:I have an avatar that is the correct size (100 by 100 pixels) but the file size is too big and its black and white! Could someone help me make the filesize smaller or find a similar picture that fits?

Here it is
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5683 ... nce5av.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y58/Ve ... atenav.jpg

There. It's 8kb now. How did I do it?

MAGIC.

(Actually, I just popped it into Photoshop and hit "save for web." Come on, people.)
Beelzebub

Thanks!

Post by Beelzebub »

Thanks! I don't have photoshop, so I can't really edit pictures.
"Who can you pray to? Only demons and fiends are here."
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Basel

Post by Basel »

Zombee, could you please remove the image in your post and add a link to it instead? Posting images is against the rules.
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
Mintalia

Post by Mintalia »

I think this is within the new avatar size rules, but I want to make absolutely sure, since it says size is 'unavailable' in Properties...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/ ... titled.jpg
"Your definition of freedom is the ability to walk around in a giant cage with invisible leash around your neck." - Luc