Suikoden V graphics

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
KoyuRedd

Suikoden V graphics

Post by KoyuRedd »

I've been looking around for a similar thread, but couldn't find one, so if anyone finds it, please give me a link and delete this topic.

I've been looking at Kingdom Hearts II, and noticed that the graphics are very similar to that of Suikoden V.

Here's a picture to show what I mean:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/R ... /SVKH2.jpg

Any comments?
[evil laugh here]
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

coincidence maybe?

they dont look that similar though...
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

I think that's because both use a type of "cell shading" it's the latest "popular" way to do some games. Wind Waker was like this and I didn't like it, S5 looks alot less childlike and cartoonish then that. Plus it's mostly the cut scenes that look this way, but look nice and refreshing from the usual 3d realism alot of shoot em games are doing. It almost feels like were watching Anime *g* The normal game mode seems an more updated 2d graphic look which gives a sense of nostalgia. :) I can't wait to get my hands on this game *hehe*.
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

son michael wrote:coincidence maybe?

they dont look that similar though...
That's just one screenshot. I have seen many more. They do look pretty much alike.
[evil laugh here]
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Suikoden looks far more detailed then Kingdom Hearts.
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

hmm, suikodens graphics do look better but KH2 looks more colorful and lively to me. I love KH1 and the grahpics were great, cant wait till KH2.
djeff

Post by djeff »

the graphics of suikoden V are, of course, great, and Im really happy when I watch the trailers, but it is indeed at the same level as most of the big production RPGs of nowadays...
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

The graphics on Suikoden 5 looks the same as the KH2 graphics for me. Or maybe it is just my computer that shows the screen shot weird.
Xain

Post by Xain »

Well to be honest I don't see any real comparison, S5 is very anime inspired and KH2 looks very, well disney.

I was just wondering also what people think of the new anime look for the game. I like it but hate unrealistic hair colors (they gave Jeane pink hair!)
josiskrazy

Post by josiskrazy »

i dont think hes talking about the designs of characters...but rather the look of them in game...the way they are colored, shaded and smoothed out...

it does look like KHII but also looks like Radiata Stories as well.
Shinjite aisuru hito
Watashi no naka de kimi wa ikiru
Dakara kore kara saki mo zutto
Sayonara nante iwanai

Ano hi kitto futari wa
Ai ni fureta
executor of balance

Post by executor of balance »

I don't think Suikoden V has better graphics than KH 2, but the design of characters is just less childish than KH 2. And to give an honest comparison you would have to play both games. I have seen ingame footage of both games but to be honest I think KH 2 was more impressive than Suikoden, but that does not matter coz Suikoden 5 is still going to be amazing. ( I hope)
The graveyard is full of indispensable men
himurokoken

Post by himurokoken »

The graphics in SV are certainly not better than KHII's but they have a similar graphics engine or effect from what I can tell.