What's the name of the Suikoden world?

Questions about the locations mentioned in the series; and those about the backstory not seen in the games.
ArrowsAway

What's the name of the Suikoden world?

Post by ArrowsAway »

Hi. I've been playing the suikoden series but I never really got to know about the name of the suikoden world?
Did someone in the game mentioned about the name of the world wherein Suikoden takes place? If not does anyone have an idea?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

we dont know the name for the suiko world yet

we only know the names of 7{or was it 8?} continents
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Countries, not continents.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

We just call it Suikoverse for no apparent reason.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Worlds typically have no names, unless there are other worlds. It's just like our world--we only call it "world."
ArrowsAway

Post by ArrowsAway »

I think that we should call the "Suikoworld" the World of True Runes?
Is it more or less appropriate? I mean like the World of wings and scales..
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

ArrowsAway wrote:I think that we should call the "Suikoworld" the World of True Runes?
Is it more or less appropriate? I mean like the World of wings and scales..
Why? The reason the 'World of wings and scales' is called like that is because someone said so. its not actually the 'official' name of it. Well it is to us but it isn't for those people in the game. You might as well call it 'The world of large scaly things'.
GenmaNinja

Post by GenmaNinja »

I just call it the Suikoden world.
Throw your life away for justice.
aydas_arrow

Post by aydas_arrow »

doesnt really matter what the worlds called, we may as well just call it suikoworld/verse.

hmm the world of large scaly things....i like it, that ones going straight to Konami headquaters
break that tree and i'll break your legs!

No one harms the forest and gets away with it!!
Futagi

Post by Futagi »

Hmm...guess there's more than one definition of "world." For example, if you're considering the planet to be the world, we call our world "Earth." Or if you simply mean all the land with all the continents and countries combined, it would be similar to Azeroth in "World of Warcraft." There are different country and continent names but the overall world is called Azeroth. Or you could be talking different dimensional worlds, like they seem to have in Suikoden and many other fantasy stories.

But whatever the case you mean, nobody in the games seems to have a name for the Suikoden universe as a whole. Pretty much, they always refer to the country they're in at the time or which country they'll be going to. The big points about the games are wars and individual countries fighting wars.
Hello Suikoden-type people:D
Kobold

Post by Kobold »

You can't really ask that because the concept of planets don't exist in Suikoden.

Hence, saying that it's Earth would be wrong... It'll just be the World...
Long time lurker...
Jorge Prima

Post by Jorge Prima »

Something I found interesting was that in the orginal suikoden, the map was called "SuikoMap", although I didn't look to much into because of the glitches and miss-translations and what not.
Lord Marquez

Re:

Post by Lord Marquez »

Kobold wrote:You can't really ask that because the concept of planets don't exist in Suikoden.

Hence, saying that it's Earth would be wrong... It'll just be the World...
But there is the concept of different dimensions, so why not give a label to the one dimension the games take place in?
Templeton
Banned User

Re: What's the name of the Suikoden world?

Post by Templeton »

Actually the Suikoden three Manga did state that "Griffons were the most beutiful creatures on ("Earth")".

In the story of creation God stated that the land that man dwelled on was to be called "Earth"

As well there is a scene in the Suikoden2 Muse City hold where Jowy is talking well looking at the moon itself (that means there's atleast one of them).

Oh well, as long as the world continues for time to come it's all that matters.
RangerDeon

Re: What's the name of the Suikoden world?

Post by RangerDeon »

Earth?

I dunno.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore