5 things that suiko V needs.

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

also those dragon gul things, they seem to be a race because they seem to posses intelligence
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

Oh yeah...I forgot about the dragon horses. They seem to be a little different than the ones seen in Teo's army in suikoden I. Maybe this is a different breed?
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

deffinetley different from the ones in suikoden 1, if anything..the kangacorns are more related to suikoden 1's gul horses

these dragon horse things are a completley different race
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

It's a little bit odd to me that they would have some intelligence, and may be possible of speech. When they run, they look somewhat clumsy, and they look like they wouldn't have too much intelligence. One of them is a SoD, or so I'm assuming. In one of the trailers, I noticed character art for one of them. Maybe the dragon horses that have the red, blue, and black knights riding on them are stars, too.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I think 1 of them is like bright from suikoden 3, was bright a sod? I forget

well we dont have any evidence{as far as I know of} that clearley states these things are intelligent, its all just speculation based on character art that weve seen
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

I think it was mentioned on Suikox.com that the dragon horses are intelligent...and yes, Bright was an SoD. Another example would be Fubar.
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
Fuma

Post by Fuma »

son_michael wrote:I think 1 of them is like bright from suikoden 3, was bright a sod? I forget
That's possible and yes, Bright was a SoD in Suikoden III.

Also, just because something has a character portrait doesn't mean it is a playable character. Remember Chief of the Dwarves from Suikoden I? (Just as an example) And for all we know NPCs in Suikoden V could all have character portraits...but let's hope not, that would get damn confusing around the HQ. (If NPCs and SoDs both existed in the HQ.)
Formerly True Wind Bearer AKA Sir Spam-a-lot.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

The only reason I thought that I would mention it is because it was shown around others who were SoDs. But, it seems like there's many people who will be NPCs in this game, so I think we're safe either way.

And as far as the HQ..I like having tons more people than needed. Like Suikoden II for example with the flying squirrels...they just made the garden so much more fun..especially when you make them fly off the balcony. X_X Also in Suikoden III with the dogs. Just more happy.

The character art could also be just a character art for all dragon horses that you talk to. It could be the same art for all the different dragon horses, which I wouldn't mind. I'd actually like that. I wonder if there's going to be a stable in the HQ for all the dragon horses...especially because there's races that you can do with them.
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
killey

Post by killey »

They should give the NPCs those freaky eyeless portraits that they had in Suikoden Tactics.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

you cant be serious, that was the most retarted thing about suikoden tactics-_-
RalTed

Post by RalTed »

5 things Suikoden V needs:

Put Yuber in the damn game, just don't leave us fans with the GSIII memory of him any longer.

Get good villains, like Luca or Jowy, not some guy like Troy or the Neclord wannabe (these had too much potential, not a single trace of development)

A powerful true rune (Sun Rune): just don't make it powerful in the storyline and a crappy one in the battlefield. We want a Bright Shield type or a True Lightning type...not like the forgettable True Rune of Punishment

Suikoden II-like animation for the Rune Spells: lengthwise and visually similar...

More political intrigue and behind-the-scenes looks at the bad guys...

PS: And for the Gamespot guys, just don't give this game a 6.0 when you give the classic, perfect games a 7 (GS and GSII) and Suikoden III who wasn't that good compared a 9.0, just stop smoking weed.
"No esperes de otros lo que de vos depende; porque cruzar las puertas de la vida y caminar tu propio camino depende solo de ti"
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

storyline wise...the rune of punishment was awsome. Gameplay wise was a different story for suikoden 4 but the ROP reclaimed its glory in Rhapsodia by being the best rune in the game, gameplay wise

ral ted, please play suikoden tactics, you will learn to love 4 a little more I think, the hatred for 4 is preety much gone now and its been replaced by love of the suikoden 4 characters and suikoden tactics, you should jump on the bandwagon

and ral ted is correct, gamestop guys... do try to stop smoking weed :P
RalTed

Post by RalTed »

son_michael, I like Suikoden IV as a storyline and as a decent rpg by itself alone, I just don't like how they managed the battle system, the RoP in the battlefield and some of the bad guys, without Suikoden Tactics in the picture...What I mean is that they shouldn't let a game be so rushed then to, in a sense, save the storyline with another game and fix it all. The game itself should be a stand-alone. Its not hate, I just have high expectancy for the series, that's all, everyone here does.
"No esperes de otros lo que de vos depende; porque cruzar las puertas de la vida y caminar tu propio camino depende solo de ti"
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

well, I didnt mean you alone had hatred for 4, overall there has been alot of hatred for suikoden 4 in the past so thats what I meant.I just thought you were against suiko 4

anyway, this is getting off topic, sorry mods..my fault

just to get it back on track

1.a great storyline
2.character histories and backround to be very detailed
3.side quest's
4.reveal some more clues about the big secrets in suikoden
5.needs to mention other countries that weve seen and havent seen
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

You know, I would like to see more NPCs in the base. I liked how you could go and recruit random people to get on your ship in Suikoden IV, it was a nice touch. Plus I'd like to see a few random soldiers around as well, because it'd be more realistic than just seeing your 108 SoDs.
I hope everything is going delicious.