[FAQ] New Game+

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

-runes that were equipped do not carry over
-all equipment that was equipped do carry over

another thing.. i got up to the part with Hervey vs Sigurd ship battle and found that NPC Hervey had the same letter skills but used the default set of Parry and Counterattack (which i had upgraded to S and B respectively). the enemy NPC Sigurd had non-carried skill levels, so he had a C and E or something. this would definitely help me get S rank in some battles such as Pirate's Nest, where Kika and Nalleo were originally pretty pathetic in the first game; now they will have S-level skills to start with!

-skill points don't carry over

-to start a new game+ choose Load Game and load the save you created after beating the game.

-the intro first few seconds when zooming into the book that tells the tale of Rhapsodia will be in color (like the ending) in new game+ (i don't think it's in color the first time playing)
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

hrmm. this topics kinda confusing you got different people saying different things. Let me try to get some clarification here

1.the runes that are equiped do not carry over. This is a definate, yes?

2.what about equipment that was equiped? does that carry over? Thats kinda a big one since you usually want good stuff equiped on the final fight

3.skill points dont carry over i guess, so i should just spend all my points at the end, right? Or do they actually carry over? (would be better to save the points to spend on the characters you use 2nd time through if they do)

4.Skills themselves should carry over, right? I.E. if i had kika with S class everything she will have S class everything when i recruit her the 2nd time through, right?

5. are there any runes or items other than legendary hammer that will not transfer over? IV's new game plus was lame as hell, most of the USEFULL items did not transfer over (champion rune, the one thing you WOULD want, yeesh) And the stuff you had equiped didn't transfer either, which sucked since i had to have my ogre mail on my tank for the fight

6. All your money should carry over, right?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

do runes carry over if there not equiped?
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

yeah
I hope everything is going delicious.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

1.the runes that are equiped do not carry over. This is a definate, yes?
true.
2.what about equipment that was equiped? does that carry over? Thats kinda a big one since you usually want good stuff equiped on the final fight
yes, all equipment that was equipped and not equipped will be found in your Caravan in the next game.
3.skill points dont carry over i guess, so i should just spend all my points at the end, right? Or do they actually carry over? (would be better to save the points to spend on the characters you use 2nd time through if they do)
from.. my deduction... they don't carry over because i had a ridiculous amount of leftover skill points by the time i beat the game (Obel elemental chambers many many times), and i only had so many to work with in the next game when upgrading the extra characters i hacked in.
4.Skills themselves should carry over, right? I.E. if i had kika with S class everything she will have S class everything when i recruit her the 2nd time through, right?
actually, i believe this is "most" skill grades carry over. some characters seem to be given Bs or whatever in battles where they are allies you must help, and it seems those skills (usualy 3 or less) are downgraded back to B or whatever. some allies did not get downgraded and kept their S skills in those battles as NPCs, however.
5. are there any runes or items other than legendary hammer that will not transfer over? IV's new game plus was lame as hell, most of the USEFULL items did not transfer over (champion rune, the one thing you WOULD want, yeesh) And the stuff you had equiped didn't transfer either, which sucked since i had to have my ogre mail on my tank for the fight

6. All your money should carry over, right?
5. don't know

6. yes
i-patch

Post by i-patch »

what does this legendary hammer do and where can i find it? is it like a golden hammer for adrienne or something?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

It's the equivalent of Golden Hammer in Suikoden Tactics, which allows you to max your weapon levels. You can get the Legendary Hammer in a chest within the Rage Chamber of the Obel Ruins.
Rhin

Post by Rhin »

Are dead characters revived after New Game+? I just lost a person in the final battle, and I don't want to do it over atm lol
Poseidal

Post by Poseidal »

of course, and you have to recruit them again.
Miklotov

Re: New Game+ details

Post by Miklotov »

Even if your skill points don't carry over it would be a waste not to spend them beforehand anyway. You can use the points to get your characters S ranks so they start with it in New Game+ but next playthrough you still have to wait until a certain point in the game to be able to level the skills up to S.
Juan

Re: [FAQ] New Game+

Post by Juan »

I read that skills will be carry over in New Game+ does this mean when you fight Sigurd, Busk, Roget the skill you set on them and level-up will be carry over also when you fight them?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Juan - my post from June 30, 2004 described that the NPCs I was fighting were NOT upgraded, so you don't have to worry about that.
Juan

Post by Juan »

KFCrispy wrote:Juan - my post from June 30, 2004 described that the NPCs I was fighting were NOT upgraded, so you don't have to worry about that.
Thanks.
dissidius

Post by dissidius »

can anybody give me the a save data loaded with clear data from Suiko 4 and on new game plus?
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Do you lose Ancient Vestment in New Game+?

I remember I had one in my first playthrough, and I don't remember I've ever sold it or something. But now I don't have it anymore.

Also I notice you lose Rose Crest too.