[FAQ] Guild Quest: X & Co. vs. Chiepoo

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

At every stage of Chiepoo's business growth, new quests will come from both Chiepoo and X. That's why you get new X quests despite ignoring theirs when helping Chiepoo to improve his business.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

yea,so you dont have to do any x and co quest to egt the mercs right?

some people think you need to fail x and co quest but you dont ...right?

do all of chiepoos quest and after you egt the mercs start doing all of x and cos quest

thats what I was told
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Yes.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

yeah good, I knew it

people on the boards confuse me and scare me...stop making me think im not gonna get the mercs! :x
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

wait so we do all the chiepoo quests, ignore all the X. Co. quests, and then get the mercs?

After we get the mercs, we can do the X. Co quests? but does that still screw up Chiepoo even after you got the mercs?

Any negative outcomes from doing X. Co. quests AFTER getting the mercs?
Strategy is the key to victory!
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

The only negative effect of accepting X's missions AFTER you have recruited the Mercenaries is the you get even more potch and skill points, while reducing Chiepoo's business to nothing.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

so does making Chiepoo a pauper have any effects in the storyline or recruit of futher characters, items, etc...?

Chiepoo is such a capitalist.
Strategy is the key to victory!
syun_ukiya

Post by syun_ukiya »

okay i made a mistake i did all the quest the guild is offering including the x and co. should i continue this so i won't bother with them in new game plus? is this better since i made a mistake anyways, so let's just continue with the x and co. etc.

btw if i do a new game plus can i complete the chiepo quests still?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Just do his quests the next time around.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

MatildaWhiteKnightLeader wrote:so does making Chiepoo a pauper have any effects in the storyline or recruit of futher characters, items, etc...?

Chiepoo is such a capitalist.
chiepoo will sell hunter runes once hes poor
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

he will also sell Bucket and Silence Orbs. Silence Orbs i haven't seen anywhere else yet (digging around, shops). Bucket i think might be a common rune for sale in one town but can't recall, i know it's a Bargain Item in Pirate's Nest.

comparing Hunter to Silence, at least there is 1 Hunter Rune in Graska Palace.. also, what good is Hunter Rune in this game? not many drops are impressive (not even dragons; you can get everything you need from dragons fairly easily) and steal items aren't that great either (again, the only unique item seems to be the elemental mirrors; might be able to dig up or open a chest with 1 for a few elements in the elemental chambers)
the only thing i would want to use Hunter for is in new game when i fight those Frogs that have a small chance of dropping Bersek Belts (i never got none!!!!)

btw you do not have to complete ALL of either side's quests to 'max out' Chiepoo or make him completely bankrupt. i maxed him out pretty early and continued to do the Chiepoo quests because i hadn't fought/recruited the mercs yet. i took on almost all the X & Co missions in one shot and since the dispatch missions have different expiration dates, i kept checking his progress. i KNOW he became bankrupt right after completing all but 1 X & Co mission (and 1 Chiepoo mission became available after doing a X & Co quest 'Savage Sprout Seeds Wanted')
syun_ukiya

Post by syun_ukiya »

also after you maxed out chiepo's (meaning the richest) can you do the x and co. so you can fill the record book?
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

patapi wrote:Once you accept the Rage Dragon Egg quest, simply enter the Obel Ruins and you will be taken to the Rage Chamber immediately. Like Blue Savage Sprout Flower and other unique items, you must accept the quest first.

I have gotten into the rage chamber early in the game without the quest showing up in the guild(or without me even accepting the quest at least). It seems that it's the default last level below Obel ruins once the water clears.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

If you aren't on the quest, you would have to go through the other 5 levels to reach the Rage Chamber. And, you won't get the Dragon Egg because it's a special item drop only available during that quest.

Also, there is no default elemental chamber. It depends on the day when you enter the ruins. (e.g. Fire Day means Rage Chamber)
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

im working on bankrupting chiepoo. I did about 3 quests for him or so and he got fancier clothes and expanded to kooluk. I stoped that quick and started pounding out the X and co quests. One thing i noticed though, several of the x and co quests were in response to me finishing a chiepoo quest. Does that mean if i dont do all of chiepoo's i wont be able to do all of x and co? that would suck